Redwall Logs

RW Abbey: Pond (#307)

Owned by AbbeyBuilder

-------------------------------------------------------------------
The abbey pond is practically the place to go for relaxation. The orchards that settle onto one side of the water hole provide decent shade for the more heated months to come. Various types of wild flowers grow about the edge of the ground that lightly overhangs into the pond. The pond seemingly invites one into its cool depths, which holds its fish life and multiple species of shrimp and other water dwellers.

Midway between firepit and pond, the stateliest of oaks is undergoing rennovations; there seems to be a small ship forming in its branches! The skeleton of a hull and keel is starting to sprout, growing day by day, firmly anchored to a stable platform at a split in the oak's trunk. Rope ladder on one side, sturdy rungs in the tree at the other, not to mention the tree itself to climb.

Spring has come. Due to the rains, the abbey pond is just gently lapping at the edges of the ground. Soon to overflow lightly if the spring rains don't let up soon. Plant life seems to explode here in a variety of colors, sizes and aromas.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Exits: [Climb] oaktree, [F]ire [P]it, [R]edwall [E]ntry, [P]ath by the [G]reat [H]all, [Dive] in the pond, [O]rchards
Contents:
South Wallgate

Download Log
RW Abbey: Pond Benar smiles "Thank you Log-A-Log and maybe a walk in a couple weeks Krisha..I will think on it" And he too heads off to do what ever the abbot duties of teh day is. Sep 7, 2020 at 7:19 p.m.
Log-A-Log has left. Sep 7, 2020 at 7:24 p.m.
Leigh had decided to relax by the pond as it was a good day and not too many was by the pond at the time. Most of the shrews are here and she even briefly seen Log-a-log earlier in the day.There is a couple clouds in the sky but they will liekly clear up later on. Sep 10, 2020 at 5:21 p.m.
Oswald comes walking out of the abbey, bells in his long braided hair chiming gently as he looks around for a moment, short shrew tail swinging from side to side with a tinkle as he smiles as he spots Leigh and heads toward her, "Leigh dear, it's all been arrange, Abbot Benar said yes" Sep 10, 2020 at 5:25 p.m.
Leigh smiles "That is wonderful dear.I had thought of asking Log-a-log but at the time he was busy and a lot of going on with everyone being back at the abbey. "She smiles "Everyone seems so happy" Sep 10, 2020 at 5:27 p.m.
Oswald says, "I think it has been a big boost for everyone," he slips his arm around hers and smiles at her gently, long snout twitching, "There is going to be a big feast but Benar said he would incorporate you and me into the opening ceremony"" Sep 10, 2020 at 5:28 p.m.
Leigh smiles and hugs Oswald "That will be good...oh"She chuckles "I am gonna need to do some things to get ready then, shouln't be too hard though I hope" Sep 10, 2020 at 5:31 p.m.
Oswald says, "Well...." the shrew tilted his head and smiled, "I should dig out some nice and decent clothes and re-do my hair," he pulled one of his braids around and looked at it, "They are all a bit scruffy after several months travelling."" Sep 10, 2020 at 5:32 p.m.
Leigh chuckles, a smile "I am sure your be ready as well my dear,we both will.We don't have to wear anything fancy and I can see if some abbey beasts can help me with flowers" Sep 10, 2020 at 5:35 p.m.
Oswald says, "Well..." he grimaced, "I should ask to use a bathroom and have a full on proper bath, not had one since i got back and i want to look the best on our wedding day."" Sep 10, 2020 at 5:36 p.m.
Leigh nods,"Maybe ask the Abbot, I am sure he will let you. I am sure others who have returned have, I know a lot was up late when we all got back,likely updateing everyone on what happen on the trip." Sep 10, 2020 at 5:40 p.m.
Log-A-Log has arrived. Sep 11, 2020 at 8:50 p.m.
Log-A-Log wanders off towards the First Orchard.. Sep 11, 2020 at 8:50 p.m.
Log-A-Log drifts in from the Abbey Pond.. Sep 11, 2020 at 8:50 p.m.
Log-A-Log has left. Sep 11, 2020 at 8:50 p.m.
Log-A-Log has arrived. Sep 12, 2020 at 12:06 a.m.
Log-A-Log wanders off towards the First Orchard.. Sep 12, 2020 at 12:06 a.m.
Log-A-Log drifts in from the Abbey Pond.. Sep 12, 2020 at 12:06 a.m.
Log-A-Log has left. Sep 12, 2020 at 12:06 a.m.
Leigh wanders off towards the First Orchard.. Sep 12, 2020 at 12:06 a.m.
Leigh drifts in from the Abbey Pond.. Sep 12, 2020 at 12:06 a.m.
Xander wanders off towards the First Orchard.. Sep 14, 2020 at 2:33 p.m.
Xander drifts in from the Abbey Pond.. Sep 14, 2020 at 2:33 p.m.
Oz wanders off towards the First Orchard.. Sep 14, 2020 at 2:45 p.m.
Oz drifts in from the Abbey Pond.. Sep 14, 2020 at 2:45 p.m.
(Log-A-log was sitting by the pond just stareing at the ripples of the pond,he suddenly throws a rock at the pond and screams loudly, tears course down his face. With him is 6 other shrews of the GUOSIM and they are keeping thier distence from thier chieftain right now.) Sep 14, 2020 at 6:12 p.m.
Elbio frowns, ears go flat as he isn't sure what to really do "I could...bally well find the Abbot maybe?" Sep 14, 2020 at 6:13 p.m.
Tenzin makes his way towards the pond " I don't need de infirmary...go away" Sep 14, 2020 at 6:13 p.m.
(Log-a-log snorts and thros another , then another rock into the pond as he lets out a few cuss words, the rest of the GUOSIM shrews just, like...they watch and one looks over at the hare "Unwise..this GUOSIM bussiness, let Log-a-log handle it") Sep 14, 2020 at 6:15 p.m.
Elbio frowns "Ummm...."He looks over at the shrew leader and sits down by the tree he is beside "Well...that's intresting, suppose..."He looks over at the otter as he appears. Sep 14, 2020 at 6:16 p.m.
Tenzin looks over and sits close to the hare, " I say he wants ta punch someone, he can punch me fer not doin' something sooner" Sep 14, 2020 at 6:17 p.m.
(Log-a-log looks over at them and then just looks back to the pond, arms crossed over his chest,muttering to...well no one really he is just muttering.) Sep 14, 2020 at 6:24 p.m.
Pose frowns "I rather not see any beast punched really chap, the abbey supposed ta be peaceful wot" Sep 14, 2020 at 6:24 p.m.
Elbio frowns "I rather not see any beast punched really chap, the abbey supposed ta be peaceful wot" Sep 14, 2020 at 6:25 p.m.
Tenzin shrugs, he sighs " He has a right ta be upset...Keldorn is dead, he was one of his best fighters " Sep 14, 2020 at 6:27 p.m.
(Log-a-log turns and storms over to the sea otter, the rest of the GUOSIM back further away as their leader stops right in front of the sea otter "Explain...what happen, you were de one that carried him inside....I would ask Leigh but she is with Oswald...not asking her, asking of you...reply!!") Sep 14, 2020 at 6:31 p.m.
Elbio frowns and scoots over but stays nearby just in case there is a fight,he is not getting involvved with these shrews, tiny but good grief fierce. Sep 14, 2020 at 6:31 p.m.
Tenzin stands and glares " Back off fuzzy. I seen the fight yeah...didnt get thar in time, maybe ya should train ya beasts better huh....lost 2 shrews in wot...2 weeks" He shakes his head" some leader" Sep 14, 2020 at 6:35 p.m.
Krisha walks into the area about ths time and looks over, a frown as she stops any dibbuns from going closer as the plan was some fun at the pond, looks like no fun at the pond today. Sep 14, 2020 at 6:35 p.m.
(Log-a-log eyes seem to flash"Fuzzy!" He leaps at the otter and goes to attempt to slap him or kick him. The other shrews just frown) Sep 14, 2020 at 6:37 p.m.
Elbio frowns "Ummmm, now should we get the abbot...or wait?" Sep 14, 2020 at 6:37 p.m.
Tenzin snorts as he moves sideways from the shrew" Yeah yeah, lets feel better by kicking! Ha...ya shrews stink" Sep 14, 2020 at 6:39 p.m.
Krisha snorts and smiels at the dibbuns "Go with Sister Anna dears....you can play in open ground." She waits till they walk off, then walks over to the otter and the shrew and attempts to grab both if needed, and hold them up in the air glareing at each "Wot in the blooming seasons!" She is not happy,"No fighting in these walls or I toss ya both out to de dirt road!" Sep 14, 2020 at 6:41 p.m.
(Log-a-log screams and goes to kick at the otter again, punch him in the gut if he can reach it....and then he is lifted up and kicks and spits at the otter,"He called me a bad leader.......let me go...gonna...."He screams and cusses again. The other shrews just...back off, and decde to go to the firepit,yep they are likely smart.) Sep 14, 2020 at 6:42 p.m.
Elbio gasps and backs up,ears flat as he watches this and stays out of the way. Sep 14, 2020 at 6:43 p.m.
Tenzin reaches for the shrew," Release ya striped dog Sep 14, 2020 at 6:44 p.m.
Krisha takes a deep breath and snarls in the otters face, she looks at Log-a-log as well but least no growling at him, she looks between them"You both have 10 secounds to CALM DOWN...and behave like normal beast!" Sep 14, 2020 at 6:45 p.m.
(Log-a-log folds his arms over his chest"He refushes ta answer me!") Sep 14, 2020 at 6:51 p.m.
Elbio just...yeah frowns and seems to debate on following the rest of the shrews to that fire pit. Sep 14, 2020 at 6:51 p.m.
Tenzin glares " EXplain wot ya..." A deep breath, " The beast that killed Keldorn be headless..ya welcome..." He then just sort of relaxes and lets tears fall." Didnt know him long but...seen him as one of me few friends " Sep 14, 2020 at 6:54 p.m.
Krisha almostdrops the sea otter and staightens up "Keldorn...dead?" She looks between them, still making sure she lets them know who is in control here, "I am putting you two down, you will not fight, if ya do your escorted out by me and not polietly either, we will talk like normal beasts ok?"She sighs "Things...happen, I am sure it's no ones fault but the vermin and seems it is dead and gone, just so thar is no more" Sep 14, 2020 at 6:56 p.m.
(Log-a-log nods, he will just sit on the grass and let tears fall" I am...sorry sir otter it is not being your fault..."He frowns, was it his...he was unsure."I am sure he fought best he could, Leigh mentoned an ambush...I.."He looks at the otter "I shoud be thanking you for making sure Leigh was not slain as well, trust me Oswald for sure thanks you") Sep 14, 2020 at 6:58 p.m.
Elbio looks between them, he stays where he is and quiet foe now least something triggers a fight. Sep 14, 2020 at 6:59 p.m.
Tenzin frowns. He nods slowly " Yeah..." Is all he gets out and looks at the grass. Sep 14, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Krisha looks between them and nods "Now...best to get along when something like this happens, not go...throwing blaime at one another,that sloves nothing and cuases unneeded stress."She frowns, he was a friend to her too, "Keldorn will be missed...he can be buried in the abbey if thats ok with you Log-a-log, or...somewhere near your camp" Sep 14, 2020 at 7:02 p.m.
(Log-a-log nods and wipes away some tears "The abbey grounds is good Mother Krisha....now excuseme I need to speak to my shrews , we all need to morn Keldorn.") Sep 14, 2020 at 7:04 p.m.
Elbio stands "I will go find Leigh and Oswald for ya Log-a-chap.."He does indeed manage to find Oswald and Leigh so all the GUOSIM can have a sort of memorial for Keldorn. Sep 14, 2020 at 7:05 p.m.
Tenzin sighs as he slowly sits down. Sep 14, 2020 at 7:05 p.m.
Elbio looks between the beasts and nods "Alright"She frowns and heads to the open ground, she has dibbuns to check on. Sep 14, 2020 at 7:06 p.m.
Krisha says, "ack sorry ...paste and copy messed up...." Sep 14, 2020 at 7:06 p.m.
Krisha looks between the beasts and nods "Alright"She frowns and heads to the open ground, she has dibbuns to check on. Sep 14, 2020 at 7:07 p.m.
Elbio says, "it ok :P happens" Sep 14, 2020 at 7:07 p.m.
Tenzin wanders off towards the First Orchard.. Sep 15, 2020 at 1:17 a.m.
Tenzin drifts in from the Abbey Pond.. Sep 15, 2020 at 1:17 a.m.
Krisha wanders off towards the First Orchard.. Sep 15, 2020 at 1:25 a.m.
Krisha drifts in from the Abbey Pond.. Sep 15, 2020 at 1:25 a.m.
Ciocan wanders off towards the First Orchard.. Sep 15, 2020 at 1:33 a.m.
Ciocan drifts in from the Abbey Pond.. Sep 15, 2020 at 1:33 a.m.
Krisha has decided to let the dibbuns play by the pond. It is a warm day and those won't last much longer. She has Sister Anna and Brother Rick helping out today. The dibbuns are, so far, behaving fairly well. Sep 19, 2020 at 7:51 p.m.
Gaheris has been busy making arrangements for the otters to leave tomorrow but they're otters so that doesn't mean there's no time for some fun, particularly as they have five otter dibbuns who were rescued and would be coming with them. The Skipper is playing chaperone for them and is leading the little group towards the pond "ey there! Room fer some more?" Sep 19, 2020 at 7:57 p.m.
Krisha smiles " Sure, they can come have fun as well Skipper. won't be many more warm days soon." Sep 19, 2020 at 8:01 p.m.
"Y'eard 'er" The Skipper raises his paws to encourage the otter dibbuns to run off and join the others "Run an' play yer little 'earts out" as soon as they're all dashing off he slips in to the pond and floats along the surface, keeping an eye on the dibbuns near the ponds edge "Aye, I know, enjoy 'em while they last but it ain't long after tha' y'get ice skatin' an' 'ot drinks in by the warmth" Sep 19, 2020 at 8:11 p.m.
A tremendous wailing can be heard, and Gracie the gosling, tears flowing down her cheeks, races towards the pond, crying pitifully. She splashes through the shallows (perfectly fine since she's a goose) and heads straight for the Badger Mother. She tries to scramble, very wet, into the badger's lap. Her blue blankie is nowhere in sight. Sep 19, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
Krisha nods, then a frown, " What happen?" Sep 19, 2020 at 8:17 p.m.
Gaheris blinks and rolls over in the water so he can see the gosling. He quickly looks around, his mind automatically assuming the worst when it comes to crying children currently "Wha's goin' on?" Sep 19, 2020 at 8:20 p.m.
It takes a few minutes for Gracie to get to where she's not crying too hard to speak. Even then, it's hard to understand her. "Dey....dey.....dey stowe my bwankie!!" She starts wailing again, going to cling to the badger and sob, distraught, disconsolate. Sep 19, 2020 at 8:23 p.m.
Krisha holds Gracie and tries to calm her and looks over at the dibbuns that are here, lets see most are here and some are likely finishing a class with one of the order beasts. Sep 19, 2020 at 8:30 p.m.
Gaheris looks relived hen Gracie manages to get out what's wrong "Oh, is tha' all" he mutters, his mind had gone to vermin. A little sigh of relief and he floats towards the edge of the pond "Who stole it, lass?" Sep 19, 2020 at 8:35 p.m.
The badger is helping the gosling calm down, and Gracie sniffles and is able to look at the otter now. "Da....da othew Dibbuns!!" At this point Squirrelbabe comes running from the direction the goose came from. Her tunic is torn and muddy, her fur is caked with dirt, there appears to be blood on her tunic, and she has a black eye. But she is holding Gracie's blanket aloft as if it were a flag, her face wreathed in a happy, victorious smile. Sep 19, 2020 at 8:40 p.m.
Krisha frowns. Sep 19, 2020 at 8:43 p.m.
Krisha frowns and then stands looking at Squirrlbabe " Wot the seasons now!" She goes over quickly to see where she is hurt and hardly notices the blanket right away. Sep 19, 2020 at 8:45 p.m.
Ciana was elsewhere avoiding the other dibbuns by the pond, she looks over at the squiirel and seeing blood starts crying " Noooo....sQuiirlbabe dying...waaaaaaa!!!" Sep 19, 2020 at 8:46 p.m.
Gaheris' eyebrows raise at the sight of Squirrelbabe coming back from battle "Ohhh boy" he mutters and decides it's clearly time to get out of the water "Wha' 'appened t'yah?" he looks up sharply when Ciana says someone's dying but he soon figures out she means the bloody squirrel babe "'ey, it's alright, she's fine...She's just got int' a fight...or somethin'" he's not entirely sure. Sep 19, 2020 at 8:51 p.m.
Squirrelbabe shrinks back a little. "Some o' da ovvew Dibbuns stole Gwacie's bwankie, so's I fought dem an' got it back." She waves the blanket up towards the badger's face. "I had ta westle dem t' da ground an' bite somebeastie. I got puncheded, but Kuwgan did wowse, so I's okies." She slips past the adults and proudly hands the rescued blanket to the gosling. Gracie is cautious, but she accepts her rescued security item and hugs it close. Sep 19, 2020 at 8:56 p.m.
Krisha frowns at the name Kurgan she had heard a lot and rather not" The name Kurgan is for forbidden, dont say it." She looks around to see if a healer can be found " And you don't bite others either." She motions Ciana over." Come here its ok dear" Sep 19, 2020 at 9:01 p.m.
Ciana walks over slowly and sits near Krisha. She frowns but stays close.." She..okies? She no gonna die?." Sep 19, 2020 at 9:03 p.m.
Gaheris shakes off a bit of the water from the pond and wanders over, barking a laugh at Squirrelbabe's description of events "Ha! Well done fer standin' up fer yer friend" it's not until Krisha mentions it that he adds on a more responsible "But er, yeah, y'probably shouldn't bite the other dibbuns" Sep 19, 2020 at 9:09 p.m.
"Why cans I no talks about Kuwgan? An' da ovvew Dibbun bited me fiwst." Because the other person doing it completely justifies everything. Squirrelbabe staaaares up at the otter. "An' who'sa yous?" Gracie sniffles and wipes her cheeks and beak on her (already dirty) blankie. "I don'ts wikes havin' aww da ovver Dibbuns back," the gosling informs everyone, which elicits a slightly offended look from Squirrelbabe. "But I gotted you blankie back!" Sep 19, 2020 at 9:15 p.m.
(Oz toddlers over. Its not clear if the abbot talked about him wandering off earlier, either way he is about to inknowing get in more trouble as he looks at the hurt Squiirelbabe and frowns repeating something he has likely heard her say when they were captive, likely heard it more than once as he says a sort of new word clearly...but its a cuss word,oh boy .) Sep 19, 2020 at 9:16 p.m.
Krisha sighs, " Because that was a very evil beast...." She looks at Oz in shock and then Squiirlbabe and looks ready to scream." Where did you learn THAT WORD..." Sep 19, 2020 at 9:18 p.m.
Ciana frowns, ok so wHat ever he said is bad so the hare starts to cry. Sep 19, 2020 at 9:21 p.m.
Gaheris shoots a grin down at the squirrel "Skipper. Me and me otters were stoppin' by t'keep the place safe while y'were gone" he grimaces slightly at Gracie's words though "Ah, she'll not mean it, she's just upset over 'er blanket" he says quietly to Squirrelbabe. He does look around to Oz at the bad word and then glances at Krisha. He shuts his mouth tight and says nothing to that, the badgermother looks mad and he does not wish to incur wraith if he were to open his mouth and laugh. Sep 19, 2020 at 9:23 p.m.
Squirrelbabe scowls as she gets glared at. "Da slavews said wowse dan dat...'sides, 'ow could /I/ knows he'd leawn it?" Gracie joins the leveret and starts to wail again, an upset Badger Mother clearly not something either of them is ready to handle. Squirrelbabe waves her paws around in agitation. "Me mammy and daddy said dos wowds alla time! Dey no /dat/ bad." Which explains where she heard them so she could in turn pass them on to the baby. Nice :P Sep 19, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
(Oz points at Squirrelbabe and then looks ready to run, he gets a few feet and falls in the mud and starts wailing loudly. ) Sep 19, 2020 at 9:30 p.m.
Krisha mutters and then speaks, " Not a word a dibbun should say, or some grown ups" She walks over to get Oz and go back to the dibbuns, some have stopped playing to stare" Ok where aare the ones who started the fight you were in ?" She is not happy and some sort of punishment is coming,what she is not sure and needs time to think. Sep 19, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
Ciana frowns. " That bad word." She looks at the ground now. Sep 19, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
Three wailing children and counting. The Skipper may yet be fortunate not to have any of his own. A long pause and then he claps his paws together "Alrigh', maybe we should dry some tears an' get back t'some fun?" he waves at a few of the staring dibbuns, trying to encourage them "Afore we start focusin' on words an' fightin' perhaps we need t'do some cheerin'" he says more quietly as he glances at Krisha. Sep 19, 2020 at 9:40 p.m.
Squirrelbabe shrugs nonchalantly at the badger's question. "Oh, hidin' somewhewes 'cause I whipped dey'we tails an' made 'em all cwy." She goes over to the hare and Gracie and sits down on the ground. "Hey, we be's okies. We no doin' noffin' w'ong. I twies t'not say dos wowds, 'kay?" The gosling sniffles, hugging her blanket close, unsure. Sep 19, 2020 at 9:44 p.m.
(Oz tries to get lose from Krisa now, he then frowns and leans back trying to weigh more, like its possible.Seems so but its not.) Sep 19, 2020 at 9:46 p.m.
Krisha takes a deep breath in and out and slowly puts Oz on the ground ." Do not rush off." She looks at the gathered dibbuns.' Ok squirrelbabe needs to see Angela..everyone else can go back to the pond." Sep 19, 2020 at 9:49 p.m.
Ciana stays where she is." But no one likes me." Sep 19, 2020 at 9:50 p.m.
Gaheris relaxes a little as the dibbuns seem to be calming down and going back to playing. His attention goes down to Ciana "Well, 'ave y'tried playin' with 'em? Maybe they just need t'get t'know y'" Sep 19, 2020 at 9:54 p.m.
Squirrelbabe spreads her paws wide. "/I/ likes you!!" But then the Badger Mother says the name of the dreaded Healer, and the Ringleader looks positively HORRIFIED. "WHAT?! But I's okies!! Lookit, da blood ain't even mine!!" She shows that she speaks the truth by pulling down the collar of her tunic to show that she's just fine. "Ang'la a big meanie! She scawy! I no wanna go /see/ hew!!" She flops onto her back as if she's witnessing the end of the world and she just simply can't even. Gracie watches this, then looks at the leveret. "/I/ wikes you, /too/. An' Squirrewbabe is right, Angewa /scary/." Sep 19, 2020 at 9:59 p.m.
(Oz lays there and just...lays there and then finally frowns,"Mean?.") Sep 19, 2020 at 10:01 p.m.
Ciana snorts and says" She is not mean, she helps beasts get better" She sits down calmer " Ok..fine. You don't have to see her." She is gonna need to find the others later. Sep 19, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
Krisha says, "You get hurt, you see who end of story." She looks ar" Sep 19, 2020 at 10:04 p.m.
Looks at Oz and sighs, she gives up." I need a day off" Sep 19, 2020 at 10:05 p.m.
Gaheris snorts, slightly amused by Squirrelbabe "No one likes t'see 'ealers but they do a 'ard job makin' everyone feel better and then no one thanks 'em fer it. Y'got a black eye at least, she can make y'somethin' tha'll stop it bein' sore" he chuckles quietly at Krisha "Come on mate, it's been like a week, they can't 'ave beaten y'down yet" Sep 19, 2020 at 10:10 p.m.
Gracie stamps a webbed foot. "Angewa is too scary! She gots /nasty/ stuffs dat she makes you /drink/ an' dey taste gross. And she so grumpy aww da time!!" Squirrelbabe scowls at the otter. "Kuwgan hitted my head an' I no see a Healew. Why's I gotsa /see/ one when I get hitted in da eye?" Sep 19, 2020 at 10:14 p.m.
Oz looks at Squiirelbabe and frowns,he then stands,todders over and hugs her if allowed. Sep 19, 2020 at 10:15 p.m.
(Ciana pouts and goes off"I finding blanket stealers they evil..me punch them goods.") Sep 19, 2020 at 10:17 p.m.
Krisha looks around and looks over" Wait what!..ok lets just do something calming " Sep 19, 2020 at 10:22 p.m.
"Course it tastes bad, tha's 'ow y'know it's good fer y'" the Skipper reasons "And y'd be grumpy too if everyone called y'mean all the time" he looks down at Squirrelbabe "Well, y'only didn't see a 'ealer then cause there wasn't any there...and I bet tha' 'it on the 'ead 'urt a lot more because of it" he's getting drawn in to arguments with the kids, it's a dangerous path. He nods at Krisha's suggestion "Aye, well maybe we should be puttin' this behind us and gettin' back t'somethin' more fun" Sep 19, 2020 at 10:24 p.m.
Gracie scowls up at the otter. "Dat no makes sense! If 'tis yucky, den it bad fo' yous!!" Squirrelbabe gets hugged by the baby, and she can't help but smile. "Oh, you a sweet baby. I love you, Ozzy." She goes to hug him back. She looks up at the Badger Mother, then the Skipper. "I go see Ang'la, and we no tell hew 'bout baby Ozzy sayin' a bad word. 'Kay?" Because young children are capable of negotiation. Sep 19, 2020 at 10:28 p.m.
Oz smiles as he giggles and seems in a better mood. Ciana pouts and just walks off, she will likely be in trouble later. Sep 19, 2020 at 10:30 p.m.
Krisha watches the hare dibbun head off, ok she gets a lecture " Ok .. Sep 19, 2020 at 10:34 p.m.
Krisha says, "Calm time...lets go have a small snack, maybe cookies and strawberry fizz...sound good?"" Sep 19, 2020 at 10:35 p.m.
Gaheris chuckles at Gracie "It'll make sense one day" he raises an eyebrow at Squirrelbabe though, a little smirk appearing "I agree t'yer terms. Me mouth will be sealed. If we go now y'can use the strawberry fizz afterwards t'wash down anythin' she gives y'" Sep 19, 2020 at 10:40 p.m.
Squirrelbabe nods and stands, crossing her arms stoically. She marches as one headed towards one's fate, and soon she is in the Infirmary, whether or not the adults came with her. After having her eye looked at and getting cleaned up a bit, the Ringleader returns, holding a cool, damp cloth to her black eye and smiling. "She no make me dwink noffink! I jus' has ta hold dis t'ing t'my eye!" Sep 19, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
By the time she's back the Skipper has moved away from the group and is busy helping the young otters with their swimming. It'll all be fun and games for them before they finally leave the abbey the following day. Sep 19, 2020 at 10:58 p.m.
Krisha nods and has ready sugar cookies and the strawberry fizz and in a much better mood" Good sit please" Sep 19, 2020 at 11:04 p.m.
Gracie sits, hugging her blanket close. Squirrelbabe comes up and sits beside her. She is politely waiting her turn to have her snack. "Dat wasn't so bad! Ang'la didn't gwump at me at /all/. Why she sometimes mean if she cans be nice?" Sep 19, 2020 at 11:12 p.m.
Krisha says, "I think, she just has bad days or beasts dont listen to her well enough. " She lays out the snack for squrrelbabe." Maybe we can do sonething nice for her one day soon, surprise her."" Sep 19, 2020 at 11:16 p.m.
Squirrelbabe thinks, then nods. "Yeah....I wantsa 'elps wif dat! Let's see..." and she spends the rest of snacktime thinking about what she could make for the old Healer. Gracie even adds a few ideas. Then they do what the Badger Mother says the rest of the day, being good little Dibbuns (for a change)... Sep 19, 2020 at 11:23 p.m.
Krisha wanders over towards the Path beside the Great Hall.. Sep 20, 2020 at 8:26 p.m.
Ciana heads off towards the Redwall Entry.. Sep 20, 2020 at 8:33 p.m.
It's been another warm day outside with only a few clouds to block the sun's efforts to hold on to the swiftly disappearing summer weather. Sola is doing what she does everyday, working. The abbey reminds her in a lot of ways of castle Floret, there was always washing to be done, dishes to be cleaned and dusting to be done and without complaint she spends every day doing it. The abbey's been good for her even, she's relaxed back from the madness and is mostly her normal self again. She worked through the feast and today she's working with the kitchens again, heading to the pond with a bowl, tasked with collecting some water cress for some meal. Sep 22, 2020 at 8:25 p.m.
Monty still seems to be riding the high from finding out during the feast from Lord Ciocan that he and Adrian were going to be promoted. The small buck is seated at the edge of the pond, a small pile of rocks sitting at his side, and he is casually tossing them into the water one by one. Occasionally, he attempts to skip one if it happens to be flat, but most of the other ones he just lightly flips it into the air and watches as it plunks down and sinks. He whistles a tune softly to himself, ear wiggling along with it...it's the most relaxed the hare's been in quite a long time, having nothing much to really worry about for the time being while staying at Redwall. Sep 22, 2020 at 8:30 p.m.
Sola's ear twitches to that whistling, on the one hand it sounds familiar but on the other they haven't had much time for whistling happy tunes. She smiles when she rounds the building and sees it is who she thought it was. She doesn't make herself known right away because it would be rude to say hello by laughing at someone but that's all she wants to do as she's watching his ear dancing along to the tune. She smirks as she gets closer, she can't help it. She fails entirely at putting on a straight face as she focuses her eye on the pond and walks up next to him "Monty" she manages to say as she does a bad job of pretending to be diligently looking for cress and nothing else. Sep 22, 2020 at 8:37 p.m.
Monty seems to be in his own little world, which is the main reason as to why he doesn't hear Sola's approach. By the time she is already standing near him, it is too late, and as she speaks his name, the buck gives a surprised yelp and knocks half the stones beside him into the water as he flails. "Gaaaaah!" He rolls backwards and ends up flat on his back, staring up at the sky. Blinking slowly, his eyes come into focus, as he notices a familiar face standing over him. "...Sola! Oh, hey!" he replies, before an embarrassed grin slips onto his muzzle. "Ah! I was just, ah...y'know...skippin' stones, and ah...tryin' t'remember th'words of a song, but I f'rgot so of course I had t'whistle it instead..." Sep 22, 2020 at 8:50 p.m.
She startles him and in turn he of course startles her. As he yelps and flails Sola practically jumps out of her skin in surprise "Neeeh!" she catches her breath and tries to regain her dignity "I can tell how distracting that clearly must have been" she says still a little breathless. Briefly pressing a paw to her face she laughs quickly and then kneels down, going to try and regather his lost stones, or at least the ones that didn't land in the pond "Perhaps next time I shall mark my arrival with loud drumming, something to cut through the thoughts" Sep 22, 2020 at 9:01 p.m.
Monty eventually manages to push himself back up into a sitting position, and he gives Sola an appreciative smile as she helps him regather his scattered stones. "Yeah, it was, ah...really distractin'. Sorry, was kinda lost in my thoughts, I s'pose..." he chuckles. "Yeah, you c'n do that, or...just grab a Dibbun or two to walk with ya, that'd be plenny noisy enough t'get my attention." The buck gives a sheepish shrug, gaze shifting out towards the pond. "So, ah. I, uh...never got a chance t'ask, or really talk with ya much since we got here. Wot with th'rats attackin' n'all that nonsense. How're ya doin'?" Sep 22, 2020 at 9:07 p.m.
Sola arranges a very neat little pile of stones ready for him before she decides to sit down too, her task for the kitchens would just have to wait "Convincing their children to do anything is far more difficult than you would imagine" she is mostly considered scary looking by several of the dibbuns but really the problem is there are so many of them "I tried to help with a class yesterday, it did not go well" she smiles softly at the pond for his question "...Better" she was a mess of madness when she got to the abbey but now she's calm "...It was my fault too though...You all seemed so, well, busy with the defences. I couldn't help with that...trust you to find vermin wherever you all go" Sep 22, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
Monty laughs, and nods. "Ah, yeah, that's true. Dibbuns are gonna do what Dibbuns wanna do, whenever they feel like doin' it. Though honestly if y'told em to walk along with ya and yell as loud as they can, m'guessin' they wouldn't refuse th'opportunity..." He smiles as he sees the small stone pile reassembled, and his gaze shifts back to Sola. "You tried helpin' with a class? Ah, wow. I'm sorry, that must've been an experience." He nods at her response, seeming pleased by it. "Ah, good. Glad to hear it. And, eh, you did plenny, with gettin' supplies n'helpin' in the kitchen n'such. Not everythin' has t'revolve around fightin' an' battlin', y'know..." Sep 22, 2020 at 9:23 p.m.
Sola tilts her head and nods her agreement about the dibbuns "You have a point there, they would likely relish the excuse and it is definitely something they are well practiced at" she takes a deep breath as she thinks back to the class "An experience is certainly one way to describe it. I hope the mountain dibbuns are a little less wild" she looks back at him finally, giving him another smile "And I'm sure my clean plates terrified the rats to death...Of course our travels have somewhat shown that fighting is in fact everywhere. Either that or you and Adrian are attracted to it like a moth to a flame" she sounds a little amused by it currently at least. Sep 22, 2020 at 9:32 p.m.
Monty gives a shake of his head. "T'be perfectly honest, Dibbuns are Dibbuns. They're gonna be pretty similar no matter where ya go, especially when ya get em all together in one spot. Eh, it's...somethin' you get used to, eventually..." he chuckles. "And hey, you totally coulda just chucked those plates at the rats, that woulda been super effective!" He gives her a grin. "Eh, yeah, it ah...it sure seems that way sometimes, doesn't it?" The hare shrugs. "Is kinda why the last few weeks have been nice. Ever since we thwarted th'rats attack, it's been....peaceful here. An' I'm afraid I'm kinda startin' to get used to it, y'know?" Sep 22, 2020 at 9:38 p.m.
Sola hmms "I have handled dibbuns before but admittedly not in large groups...I suppose they are at least unlikely to come and volunteer to help me with the washing up" she looks amused at the idea of throwing plates at vermin "Effective perhaps but inconvenient at the next meal" she looks around when he says it's peaceful "It really is...It reminds me of Floret. It's so easy to see the walls and forget about the world beyond them...Part of me has been dreading the idea of leaving again though I know we have to now your badger is here and no doubt wishes to return everyone home soon" Sep 22, 2020 at 9:48 p.m.
Monty's eyes drift back towards the pond as he thinks something over, listening to Sola speaking about how it reminds her of her old home. "...yeah. Eh, about that. Durin' the feast, Lord Ciocan approached Adrian an' m'self and told us we were bein' promoted....an' asked if we were goin' back home with them. Well, Adrian suggested us goin' north for a bit, t'see what might be up there. So, ah that's...what we're gonna do." He reaches over and takes one of her paws into his, his gaze returning to the doe. "Sola, you...don't have to accompany us if you don't wish to. I was hopin' t'hear ya say you were happy here, cuz I was gonna suggest that you just stay here. I...don't wish t'put you in any more danger, you've been through enough already..." Sep 22, 2020 at 9:54 p.m.
Sola for a moment looks happy with the news that they're going to be promoted "Oh! It's well deserved" her smile falters at the next bit and while she tries not to show it on her face her ear does go back a bit and she sounds slightly worried "Oh...what is, um, what is in the north?" she asks quietly. Her ears completely fold down at the last bit "You...don't wish for me to come?...I-I" she stops as she starts stuttering. She's conflicted and looks down as she tries to figure out her own thoughts "I...I understand" she says quietly, just looking at the ground. Sep 22, 2020 at 10:09 p.m.
Monty returns the smile. "Thanks. It's been....a long time comin', for sure. I'm still not really sure how t'handle it, honestly." He gives her paw a squeeze, holding it in both of his own. "We're not really sure what's up north, that's why we're gonna head up that way...t'find out. We should be back by springtime, is wot Adj is thinkin'. I honestly can't wait t'be back home, and tend t'my gardens again." As she seems disappointed at his suggestion, the buck looks her in the eye. "Sola, please don't misunderstand my words or intentions. Y'know I love bein' with ya, otherwise why would I have taken ya from the castle t'come with us?" He sighs. "It's just...I...want ya t'be happy, an' I dunno if bein' out travelin' with us is really wot makes ya happy. I don't wanna put ya at risk any more." Sep 22, 2020 at 10:16 p.m.
Sola cautiously looks back at him. She's new to this stuff, of course she'd been willing to accept the idea that it was to leave her. She's doubting that now though which means it really is out of concern. She's still conflicted for a moment before she finally lets her thoughts go to words "Meeting you, showing you around the castle, was the happiest I can ever remember being...but I /hate/ it out there" there's a little huff of relief as she actually says it "Everyone's nice, it's a lovely group but the vermin, they're just everywhere and I'm no good, I can't even look at them without freezing up. It's terrifying, constantly and then everyone dies and I'm making it worse and losing my mind all over and..." she trails off and tries to give him a smile though it comes out apologetic. She does squeeze his paw back though "I'm sorry...I tried. I'm just not...brave" Sep 22, 2020 at 10:33 p.m.
Monty allows a smile to slip onto his muzzle as Sola mentions when they first met, and that tour around the castle. "Sola, I totally feel th'same way. When I first met ya at the castle, I...don't remember ever bein' that happy, m'self. It was one of th'best days I've ever had." He gives her paws a squeeze, as his gaze locks with hers. "I am fully aware y'hate it out there, that's why I made th'suggestion. I've been watchin' ya the past few days, and I noticed how happy y'seem, just goin' back t'doin' simple tasks. And if that's what you wanna continue t'do, I don't have th'right t'take that happiness away from you." The hare gives a soft sigh. "You are one of the bravest hares I've ever met, don't sell yerself short, Sola. After all we went through out there, yer still standin' here right now. There's somethin' t'be said for that, y'know?" He offers her a smile, before he leans in and touches his muzzle to hers in a light kiss. Sep 22, 2020 at 10:42 p.m.
Sola just looks sad as she keeps her eye fixed on his "I know I keep saying it but I wish I'd met you before everything happened...I'd have gone anywhere with you then. You gave me happiness and made me live again, there's nothing you could do to take that away..." she sighs quietly too but she returns the kiss and goes to rest her head against his, not wanting to move away any time soon "...I wish I could come" she's accepted that she can't though because of her own problems "I'm going to regret letting you go without me again" Sep 22, 2020 at 10:56 p.m.
Ciana wanders off towards the First Orchard.. Oct 1, 2020 at 6:42 p.m.
Ciana drifts in from the Abbey Pond.. Oct 1, 2020 at 6:42 p.m.
Ciana wanders off towards the First Orchard.. Oct 1, 2020 at 7:06 p.m.
Ciana drifts in from the Abbey Pond.. Oct 1, 2020 at 7:06 p.m.
Chatty wanders off towards the First Orchard.. Oct 24, 2020 at 9:06 p.m.
Chatty drifts in from the Abbey Pond.. Oct 24, 2020 at 9:06 p.m.
Chatty heads off towards the Redwall Entry.. Oct 24, 2020 at 9:32 p.m.
Per page: 100 150 200 500