Redwall Logs

Download Log
Western Shore Karr heads of on a long journey downshore. Oct 16, 2019 at 7:33 p.m.
Karr turns around and continues downshore. Oct 16, 2019 at 7:33 p.m.
Karr turns and heads between the sea and the mountain. Oct 16, 2019 at 7:33 p.m.
Karr disappears downshore. Oct 16, 2019 at 7:33 p.m.
Karr heads downshore a little ways, his back to the mountain. Oct 16, 2019 at 7:33 p.m.
Karr heads downshore. Oct 16, 2019 at 7:33 p.m.
Karr turns their back to teh mountain and heads downshore. Oct 16, 2019 at 7:33 p.m.
Dirt Road Nodding, the squirrel gives an almost friendly shrug. "'Suppose that's true, aren't it?" John holds the blade by his side now, in a far less threatening stance. "O'course..." He tilts his head to one side, looking the rat up and down, "This monitor, I can guess who it were, I can." His voice drops dangerously low, hissing the question out: "Who were it th'monster took, eh? I'd sooner ask tha' than expect y'to face it, I do." Oct 16, 2019 at 7:36 p.m.
Patch frowns "I onlt got a brief look cause..heard a scream and..guess he like knocked her out and carried her off...de Badgermaid from the abbey, de one Stripy knows" Oct 16, 2019 at 7:38 p.m.
John gives a long, deep sigh, muttering. "Of /course/ she did." Stepping to one side to look northwards, he asks, "An' how long ago were this?" He turns back to the rat, tossing his sword and catching it. "I'd suggest y'remember everthin' y'can right now an' let me know, I do. Better for th'both of us, aye, it will be." Oct 16, 2019 at 7:43 p.m.
Patch replies "Few mintues ago....she was likely lookin' fer someone, not liek..well maybe tis like..I dont know why she be outside abbey ok...I didnt give her de idea..I do know stripy was missing or left the area" He has yet to be updated on too much. Oct 16, 2019 at 7:45 p.m.
"If y'don' clean up your tone, rotbreath, I swear..." The squirrel shakes his head, sheathing his blade. "Well, looks like your lucky," John says, "I don' trust y'as far as I can spit, but, go," He points southwards, "Go on ahead t'th' Abbey an' tell them th'same. An' f I find y've lied I'd suggest leavin' th' country, I do." Oct 16, 2019 at 7:50 p.m.
Patch asks, "And why would I lie? I trys ta know what is going all in Mossflower when I can..remember?"" Oct 16, 2019 at 7:51 p.m.
Giving the rat a long, hard look, the squirrel doesn't answer. Instead, he starts pawing the hilt of his blade as if he were to draw it again. "I suggest y'start runin' again 'efore y'tick me off, rat." Unbuckling his sword-belt, he slings it over his shoulder next to the crossbow and starts for the nearest tree. "One more thin' 'efore we part." John says over this shoulder as he does so, "Where were this? How far up?" Oct 16, 2019 at 7:56 p.m.
Patch backs up a little and speaks " Not too far from the Black Gull...more this side than de north side and the lizard went into the woods somewhere" Oct 16, 2019 at 7:57 p.m.
Nodding, the squirrel doesn't bother with any farewells, climbing the oak without a word or even a look at Patch. He soon is leaping and jumping north to the place the rat described with all the speed John can muster. Oct 16, 2019 at 8 p.m.
Salamandastron: Level Two Esen heads off. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:20 p.m.
Western Shore Esen travels southward and is soon hidden from view. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:20 p.m.
Halyard Village: Dirt Path Esen walks to the square. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:20 p.m.
Halyard Village: West Square Esen enters the tavern. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:20 p.m.
Halyard Tavern: Entrance Esen walks into the tavern. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:20 p.m.
RW Abbey: Bunk Room Xander exits the Bunk Room.. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:22 p.m.
RW Abbey: Middle Dormitory Xander heads off towards the Staircase.. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:22 p.m.
RW Abbey: Staircase Xander moves off into the Great Hall.. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:22 p.m.
Xander arrives from the Staircase.. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:22 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Xander heads outside and into the Abbey Entry.. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:22 p.m.
RW Abbey: Entry Xander climbs up the stairs to the ramparts. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:22 p.m.
RW Abbey: Main Gate From RW Abbey: Western Rampart, Xander has arrived. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:22 p.m.
RW Abbey: North Walltop Xander departs for the west wall. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:22 p.m.
RW Abbey: Main Gate From RW Abbey: Western Rampart, Xander has arrived. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:22 p.m.
From RW Abbey: Western Rampart, Xander has disconnected. Oct 17, 2019 at 12:42 a.m.
Salamandastron: Level Two Gregorian follows the passage that leads down to the First Level. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:39 p.m.
Salamandastron: Level One Gregorian follows the passageway leading out to the main entrance. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:39 p.m.
Salamandastron: Passage Gregorian follows the passage towards the entrance. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:39 p.m.
Salamandastron: Entryway Gregorian slips through the concealed crack and out onto the sands. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:39 p.m.
Western Shore Gregorian turns and heads between the sea and the mountain. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:39 p.m.
Gregorian disappears downshore. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:39 p.m.
Salamandastron: Level Two Cera follows the passage that leads down to the First Level. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:42 p.m.
Salamandastron: Level One Cera follows the passageway leading out to the main entrance. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:43 p.m.
Salamandastron: Passage Cera follows the passage further into the mountain. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:43 p.m.
Salamandastron: Level One Cera heads off. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:43 p.m.
Western Shore Cera travels southward and is soon hidden from view. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:43 p.m.
Cera heads of on a long journey downshore. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:43 p.m.
Salamandastron: Level Two Terrence follows the passage that leads down to the First Level. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:53 p.m.
Salamandastron: Level One Terrence follows the passageway leading out to the main entrance. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:53 p.m.
Salamandastron: Passage Terrence follows the passage towards the entrance. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:53 p.m.
Salamandastron: Entryway Terrence slips through the concealed crack and out onto the sands. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:53 p.m.
RW Abbey: Bunk Room Ewan exits the Bunk Room.. Oct 17, 2019 at 4:24 p.m.
RW Abbey: Middle Dormitory Ewan heads off towards the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 4:25 p.m.
RW Abbey: Staircase Ewan moves off into the Great Hall.. Oct 17, 2019 at 4:25 p.m.
Ewan arrives from the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 4:25 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Ewan heads outside and into the Abbey Entry.. Oct 17, 2019 at 4:25 p.m.
RW Abbey: Entry Ewan walks boldly through the gates and leaves. Oct 17, 2019 at 4:25 p.m.
RW Abbey: Main Gate Ewan steps onto the road. Oct 17, 2019 at 4:25 p.m.
The Swamplands Gregorian turns his steely gaze to Zolomon at his question "Frogs and toads. If yah close enough tah tell the difference then yah too close and likely about tah get shot or taken for their dinnah" he leave the gathering of food to one of his handy helpers as he's busy looking stern "This will be a propah test for those of yah who don't get out of the comforts of home and the Halyard tavern enough" he gestures for the maps to be given out to the groups "Split yahselves in tah yah groups. Figure out where yah goin' and get tah it. This is a race!" Oct 17, 2019 at 4:35 p.m.
Jinora goes home. Oct 17, 2019 at 4:35 p.m.
Cera nods as she listens"Yeah tons of fun this is...when would we ever be in this dump?" Ok she had little sleep so she is grumpy today and she hates the swamp or even normal mud really.She glaces at the map quietly. Oct 17, 2019 at 4:39 p.m.
Terrence leans on his spear, watching the privates and recruits splitting up. Giving small chuckle at how /thrilled/ they all are, the corporal heads to stand by the nearest group. "All righty then," He says, "I'll be coming along to make sure you lot don't go and end up ears deep in the muck, wot." Oct 17, 2019 at 4:42 p.m.
Zolomon nods, he might be a privare first class but he hasnt had any real surival training"Umm ears deep in.."His footpaw sinks and he backs up "In this stuff sur....ya likely be too late ta help"He frowns at the muck around"Wouldnt want a vactions here thats fer sure wot"He grins, always the funny one Oct 17, 2019 at 4:46 p.m.
Dominik seemed to be one of the only ones in the group actually excited to be outside the mountain and partaking in such a taxing and strenuous activity, and so the large hare is eagerly and impatiently pacing about, back and forth, as he listens to the barked instructions carefully. Some of the others may not have been used to the conditions they would be subject to, but to the towering, intimidating hare, it would be nothing but a cakewalk. "Ah, yes. Dom has qvestion..." He raises a paw. "Vat if...ve make it back too early?" He grins, the buck not lacking confidence, if anything else. With everything he'd been through since arriving at the mountain, he's certainly seemingly earned it. Oct 17, 2019 at 4:50 p.m.
Picking groups! This is something Isla can do. Looking at those gathered, she anxiously eyes Terrence - he's the corporal for her unit, but just overseeing this. So, another familiar face will have to do. Dominik - he's big and strong, which is a good balance to her own lighter and brainier style of fight and survival. The recruit angles towards the big hare. "Allo, Dom!" She greets, under her breath, careful not to speak out of turn and get in trouble. She once lost a toe to the chill of a Northern winter - she can deal with the swamp, Isla thinks to herself as she angrily slaps at a bug on her cheek. Oct 17, 2019 at 4:50 p.m.
Giving a small wave to Isla as she comes over, Terrence looks around at the others who have yet to get into groups. "Come on, hurry up you lot, we haven't got all day!" He calls, adjusting his spectacles. They have a small string attached them that links back to his tunic. Oct 17, 2019 at 4:55 p.m.
Gregorian directs his attention towards Dom as the paw is raised. He snorts at the question and about manages not to smirk as he's trying to be strict "If yah get everythin' and get tah the camp before noon I'll see tah it yah get a special prize...Arrive aftah dark though and I'll have yah doin' extra chores!" this seems to spur a couple of groups to quickly head off already and decide they'll figure out where they're going on the way. Oct 17, 2019 at 4:56 p.m.
Cera looks at the map and sighs, she tilts it and then grumpbles as one recruit mentions its upside down.An eyeroll and she fixes it, to her it looks not that much diffeernt, "Wot fun..."She then trips over some sort of vine, a chuckle and then the recruit gets a stromg shove into some gross mucky mud, luckly its not the deep kind but that uniform is not clean now."HEY she pushed me..."Another eyeroll "Cry baby" Oct 17, 2019 at 4:59 p.m.
Zolomon looks over and frowns "I say..we should not be too loud,Lets see..first item ta find is...close I think"He does look up at the path a fair amont to avoid areas and can feel under his footpaws when it sinks more and when its more soild. Oct 17, 2019 at 5:01 p.m.
Dominik spots Isla heading over in his direction, and he greets her with an eager and welcoming smile, wiggling his ears at the doe. "Isla, hello! Is good mornings, yes? Velcome to Team Dom." He hops from footpaw to footpaw with a nervous energy, having been up long before the time they had been instructed to meet here. He hadn't slept much as it was, and now that he'd had an excuse, it only seemed to make him oddly more alert and raring to go. Watching her slapping at her cheek, he chuckles. "Insects are liking you. Is because you are so sveet." He gives her a wink, before turning his attention to Greg. "Special prizes, yes. Vil remember. Vil see you soon, sir." The large buck takes a look at the map, studying it carefully even as others begin to set out. "Let them go. Vant to make sure is going in right directions. Speed vil do no good if getting lost, yes?" Oct 17, 2019 at 5:01 p.m.
Isla exclaims, "Thanks! But call me sweet again and I'll pluck out yer whiskers one at a time." Isla gives a wide grin at Dominik - and it's hard to tell whether or not she's kidding. However, The threat of extra chores is enough to spur Isla to action. Looking at those in her group - Cera, Zolomon, Dominik, and Terrence looking out - she puffs out her chest in a show of confidence and nods once. That confidence is shaken when she watches Cera blatently shove another recruit, a frown deepening. But she isn't of the rank to say anything, instead, she says: "We should probably start moving West." She suggests. "We can follow the lake's edge to that first 'X'... Right?" She takes a tentative step in that direction, waiting on a group affirmative. " Oct 17, 2019 at 5:03 p.m.
"And for the love of all that is good," Terrence mutters to the hares closest to him, 'team Dom' as its been labeled, "Please try not to do anything /that/ stupid, wot." Having seen the shove, he walks over, shouting, "OI! PRIVATE!" Then, quieter, though clearly peeved, he stares hard at the one who pushed the other into the mud. "You bloody well do that again, bucko, and you'll be carrying both yours and Cera's pack. Do I make myself clear?" The corporal offers a paw to help Cera up, still looking at the one who pushed her. "If you were in our group, I'd have you carry mine, wot." Oct 17, 2019 at 5:06 p.m.
"And for the love of all that is good," Terrence mutters to the hares closest to him, 'team Dom' as its been labeled, "Please try not to do anything /that/ stupid, wot." Having seen the shove, he walks over, shouting, "OI! PRIVATE!" Then, quieter, though clearly peeved, he stares hard at the one who pushed the other into the mud. "You bloody well do that again, bucko, and you'll be carrying this here recruits pack. Do I make myself clear?" The corporal offers a paw to help the receipt up, still looking at Cera. "Though some good news for you, you can have mine right now." He shrugs the straps off, holding the bag out to her. "Go on, Cera. Don't ever do that again, you hear?" Oct 17, 2019 at 5:13 p.m.
Cera frowns as she now has a 2nd pack to carry "How tis good news, bally well bad news to carry more stuff." BUT she is smart and says nothing further, the recruit nods his thanks and stays close to others now as he looks around for what they needed to find. Oct 17, 2019 at 5:19 p.m.
Dominik laughs, the deep, booming sound echoing within the swamp and bouncing off the trees, more than likely scaring away any wildlife that was nearby. "Vil remember. Leetle angry Isla is best Isla for mission. Dom vant to keep remaining viskers, so no more of the sveet. Is promising." He makes an X over his heart, before giving Isla a grin. The little altercation catches his attention, and the large buck's expression shifts to a more serious one, his voice getting a little louder. "Vil not be having this nonsense on team. Focus on mission, and mission only. Dom vatch leverets back at mountain, is not job to do out here." He stares hard at the offending recruits, eyes narrowing, before turning back to the task at paw. He gives Isla a nod of confirmation. "Yes. Is good idea. Head vest, near lake." He readies himself to set out as well. Oct 17, 2019 at 5:21 p.m.
Zolomon looks around, studies the map and avoids another sink hole of muck as he sighs but they may be close to one of the first things to find as he scans the area. Oct 17, 2019 at 5:29 p.m.
Since one voice affirmed her plan, Isla's steps gain gumption. She's going towards the lake, and she hopes that the others are going as well. The recruit makes the tactical decision to avoid Cera entirely as she forges forward, her map clutched in one paw, though there is a little knot of relief in her stomach that the corporal did say something. Where is the sun? She puts her back to it, and follows her shadow forward through the treacherous swamp growth. She's already sufficiently muddy, which isn't a problem - it's kind of nice. It reminds her of dibbunhood, getting dirty just for the sake of it. If it wasn't so warm and smelly, this would be enjoyable. She slaps another offending insect. West, west, west. Oct 17, 2019 at 5:29 p.m.
Terrence doesn't answer the hare maid now carrying his pack beyond a quick glare over his spectacles. He turns back to the others, thankful they seem to know what to do. "Righto, Dom, Isla! Lead the good way!" Using the spear as a walking stick, the corporal is ready and following after them. Oct 17, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
Cera mutters something, she would turn around but thats not a choice she can make ready, she kicks a rock as she looks around.The list of items is looked over as she sighs a little. Oct 17, 2019 at 5:31 p.m.
---------Gregorian (Room)---------- Oct 17, 2019 at 5:31 p.m.
Gregorian handles a few additional questions and he sees the argument but Terrence seems to have it under control. With a satisfied nod he steps off, going to follow a path he knows will be dry enough to follow and let them figure out where they're going while he's off to hang around in camp and organise. Oct 17, 2019 at 5:31 p.m.
As more groups head off the disgusted sounds of hares accidentally stepping in a deep bit of mud increases. The closer to the lake one gets the wetter and softer the ground gets. The markers are hooked on a pole that they've somehow got right by the water's edge in the swampiest, foulest smelling bit they could find. The obvious solution being to wade through it one group was cautiously trying and had got a head start until one hare stepped in what looked like a puddle and found it was far deeper than it looked. One leg up to the knee in mud they were having to get their group to help pull them out already. Oct 17, 2019 at 5:31 p.m.
------------Done +paste------------ Oct 17, 2019 at 5:31 p.m.
(One major advantage Dom seems to have is his height and strength. What would be deep mud and water to others isn't nearly as treacherous to the large hare, and he strides across the ground in wide steps, occasionally having to pull his footpaws free of the muck with a sucking noise, but he generally doesn't seem to be having quite as difficult a time of it as some of the others. "Is only mud, not sure vat problem is..." he calls out, that little grin upon his muzzle returning. "Is thinking Dom vil retrieve markers, yes? Give to Isla to carry." He nods at this plan, as he searches out the first of the markers. Finding it, he begins to make his way towards it.) Oct 17, 2019 at 5:37 p.m.
Ears standing start as he hears the noise from Cera, Terrence glances back at her for a moment. Not sure on what was said, he turns back to the others, using the end of his spear to test the ground in front of him, never stepping foot into the muck. "Be careful about cleaning your feet when you come out of there, Dom," He says, peering at the large hare, "And be careful to not sink any further..." Oct 17, 2019 at 5:39 p.m.
Squelch, squealch, squealch, squuuuuuealch! Isla's boots are sinking deeper and deeper with each step, and she finds herself needing to use her paws to yank her legs out of the muck one by one. This is not getting them anywhere fast - and Isla doesn't want to lose this race. She casts her gaze around, making note of the tree-cover... She could use that branch, there, to climb up and then crawl across to /that/ branch, there, and then sidle along and avoid a lot of mud... With an affirming nod, Isla pauses to share this plan with her team. She doesn't trust Dom's weight in the deeper mud, no matter the ease he has now... Best to have plan B. "I think we cin make it to th'point by climbin'. Avoid all this muck, yeah?" She frowns at the junction of branches she has in mind. They would allow her to get /close/, but not directly over the marker. Still, it's an advantage... The doe starts climbing, grunting at the strain. Oct 17, 2019 at 5:40 p.m.
Zolomon says, "I say when would we ever wander inta here...didnt even hardly go this route when they went ta the abbey, mainly took de river..lot blooming better too"" Oct 17, 2019 at 5:42 p.m.
The trees dotted about the swamps are a gangly sort with a lot of roots spread all over. They're more likely to topple over in the soft ground than break but they're strong enough for a hare to climb at least. More than one or two at once may be an issue which is a problem because the other group, having pulled their friend out of the mud, are watching Isla, getting ideas and heading for the trees too. Oct 17, 2019 at 5:48 p.m.
Dominik pauses to give Isla's plan a good think-over, and eventually he gives her a confirming nod. "Hmm. Yes, is good idea to avoid muds. Vould climb, but...is not good climber. Too heavy, branches vil break ven try." He makes his way back towards more solid ground, the large hare's lower half beginning to get sufficiently muddied. He, like Isla, doesn't really seem to mind this...they were outside and actually doing things, and that automatically makes Dom happy. He gives a nod to Terrence at his advice, as well. "Vil not sink." He'd also left his sword back at the mountain, figuring the large blade would more than likely weigh him down even more. Traveling light...that is definitely the way to go. As he watches Isla climb, he heads over and reaches up to give her a boost, to get her just a little higher in the tree so she wouldn't have to exert so much effort. Oct 17, 2019 at 5:49 p.m.
"You'd wonder into here, Private, if you were balley well ordered to." Terrence says, unamused. "Think of it as this: if you know how to make it through all this, you can make it through most things, eh?" The corporal frowns as hares start climbing. Though having gone a long way around the patch of mud, Terrence stands nearby, still dry, looking Dominik over. "You won't sink, eh? Still better safe than sorry." Oct 17, 2019 at 5:51 p.m.
Cera asks, "sinking be death right now so how close are we to finding wot we need already?"" Oct 17, 2019 at 5:54 p.m.
"You will definitely sink!" Isla laughs, though there's obvious effort in the words as she hauls herself (and her pack) up into the branches, with a boost from Dominik. It's a tricky maneuver, but she carefully picks her way from branch, to branch. Judging her footing, slipping a few times. She's inching closer to the marker, her tunic darkening with sweat already. A biting remark rises in her throat as she hears Cera and Zolomon's complaints, but she has been in training enough to have the discipline to bite her tongue. She doesn't reply, but that self-control won't last long. The branches don't take her all the way to the marker, so it'll be another drop into the mud... Hopefully she doesn't sink. "Here goes nothin'." The recruit sighs, lowering herself as slowly as she can... She makes it! Without sinking or falling or otherwise maiming herself, at least. But that reward isn't in her paws, yet. Oct 17, 2019 at 5:57 p.m.
The other hares meanwhile start clambering up one of the trees "Come on Dom, toss 'im up the tree too!" one jokes, nodding at a private who's scrambling up. They are a bit quick to lose patience though and another start climbing after him. Still at the bottom of the trees though the hare with the very muddy leg yells at Isla "Hey! Recruit! Bring ours back with yah too!" Oct 17, 2019 at 6:04 p.m.
Terrence comes to a stop a little ways from the tree, leaning once again on his spear to watch their antics, impressed by Isla and not so much the others. "If I were you lot, I wouldn't be so quick to pile up on that, wot! Never know when a branch'll snap, 'specially considering how much you lot eat, wot wot!" Oct 17, 2019 at 6:08 p.m.
Dominik grins up at Isla. "But only so far. Up to heres..." He motions towards his knees..."Not up to heres..." He points towards his chest. The large hare glances over at Terence and nods. "Yes. Safe, alvays much better than sorry." He turns his attention back to watching Isla as she clambers across the branches, the hare following her from below, there to catch her in case she happened to slip. Once she manages to make it with no incidents, he gives her an encouraging cheer. "Woo! Is almost there, Isla!" He does make sure to watch where he is walking, making sure to avoid the deepest spots and trying his best to remain on the firmest ground possible. He shoots a hard look over at the catcaller, before giving him a smirk. "Vant to make it to branch, or end up in top of tree?" he calls back, before turning his attention back to watching his teammate and assisting whenever possible. Oct 17, 2019 at 6:08 p.m.
Zolomon stays below, he is not a tree climber and yes too many are on one branch or two as he frowns backing up a little. Oct 17, 2019 at 6:08 p.m.
Cera chuckles, she is getting the hang of this trip now and studys the area..so far no troubles other than gross muck and bugs everywhere,, Oct 17, 2019 at 6:09 p.m.
"Suck m'scut, Lackley!" Isla shouts back with a laugh, now doggedly pushing through the mud near the markers. It's hard to keep her head in the present; she remembers a time, after a horrific storm further South than here, their cart became lodged deep in the muck. It took all of them to haul it out, and when they were finished, the entire troup looked like mud monsters. They had performed an impromptu children's play as their muddy alter-egos, and had collected a large amount of coin and good graces because of it. The teen smiles to herself at the thought, struggling forward against the oppressive muck. Her canteen is covered in the stuff now, and it's going to be miserable the next time she takes a sip... But that's a worry for Future Isla. Oct 17, 2019 at 6:12 p.m.
The corporal sets off again, and, for the first time, accidentally steps in the mud. His leg immediately sinks downward, and, with several curses and a lot of struggling, Terrence manages to pull himself out with a plop, hauling himself up onto the dray patch with his spear. "Blasted, bloody- bah!" The hare mutters darkly to himself. Oct 17, 2019 at 6:16 p.m.
Zolomon is close to one of the items and might even see it as he points it out "Is that one of the list items?" Oct 17, 2019 at 6:19 p.m.
Dominik continues to watch Isla making her way towards the marker, the large hare really not able to do much until she manages to retrieve it. As Terrence gets himself stuck briefly, Dom looks in that direction in preparation to head over and give him a paw, but he seems to handle things just fine himself. He watches the other groups struggling nearby and simply grins, with a shake of his head. This swamp area would likely never be the same again after the contingent of hares is finally gone, that's for sure. Oct 17, 2019 at 6:22 p.m.
Cera is close "Is wot an item..."Her back and shoulders hurt, she has two packs after all and is far from having a good day today.She looks that direction and smiles "Yeah..and we like need to get it" Oct 17, 2019 at 6:23 p.m.
Terrence makes his way slowly towards Cera, having noticed her discomfort. "If you have one bag on your back and the other on the front, that should help a little, wot." He's far more careful in testing the land with his spear point, prodding the squishy earth several times with each step. Oct 17, 2019 at 6:28 p.m.
The marker, a big stick stuck in the mud by the water sits there as Isla gets close. The mud just bubbling slightly as it's disturbed. On the marker are a bunch of loops of cord with numbered rocks attached. Oct 17, 2019 at 6:38 p.m.
Snatching the strung rock, Isla holds it aloft with a victorious grin before beginning the difficult wade back to her team. Oct 17, 2019 at 6:46 p.m.
"Ah come on! Be cool!" The hare hereafter named Lackley yells back at Isla before their own accompanying officer sighs faintly "I don't think that would be in the spirit of the task" he calls out before glancing at Terrence as he is the fellow supervisor "We're goin' tah be at this all day" Oct 17, 2019 at 6:48 p.m.
Dominik goes Away From Keyboard. Oct 17, 2019 at 6:50 p.m.
Leaning the spear against his shoulder, Terrence gives a small clap as the marker is retrieved. "Good for you, wot!" He calls to Isla, before turning to the other officer. "Yes, yes." He says with a chuckle, "That's why I packed a few more extra vittles for myself, wot wot." He winks, "Though I might not need them at this rate." He turns to Cera, offering a small apologetic smile. "That's why that thing's a bit heavier, wot. Sorry." Oct 17, 2019 at 6:54 p.m.
Zolomon grins maybe they will win and get back first, he hopes so anyways Oct 17, 2019 at 6:55 p.m.
Cera is not having fun, she tried to climb and fell onto her bottom and torn a sleeve as she screams and kicks a paych of weeds and pouts. "I blooming hate this place!!!" Oct 17, 2019 at 6:56 p.m.
They got a thing! There's alas no fanfare but the mud does a little victory bubble around Isla as the movement stirs things up and lets out some truly awful smelling bubbles of gas. One down, four to go. The question is which one will the go for next? Oct 17, 2019 at 6:59 p.m.
"Complaining won't do much good, let me tell you, wot." Terrence says, raising an eyebrow at the pouting hare. "Just slows you down, it does." He goes back to the others, saying in a cheery voice, "Righto, lads and laddies, were to next, wot?" Oct 17, 2019 at 7:06 p.m.
Zolomon nods "Lets go and lass..tis best to be quiet in de swamps" Oct 17, 2019 at 7:10 p.m.
The other group of hares 'Boo' quietly as Isla gets the thing before they try climbing a tree again but all piling on at once makes it creak and they quickly back off until one has the bright idea to knock it over on purpose, towards the marker to make a mess of branches as a bridge "Yah might have got the first one but we'll catch up to yah!" Lackley yells as they get to work. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:19 p.m.
"Can't believe ya cin still talk smack with all my dust in your mouth!" Isla calls back at Lackley, rejoining the group. "Where next? We cin swing th'further route t'get the one on the other side, then loop back so we don't cross our path... Or jus' get the next closest one?" Oct 17, 2019 at 7:29 p.m.
Cera shrugs, her map bit sort of is covered in mud so its harder to read but luckly each team has a coupy copies so its ok. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:30 p.m.
Terrence is waiting for the recruits and privates to pick a direction, and he impatiently tap his spear as the other group starts making a bridge. "If you lot don't get moving, I say, you'll soon be eating their dust, wot." He looks pointedly over his spectacles at each of the hearts around him. "So where to?" Oct 17, 2019 at 7:35 p.m.
Zolomon looks at the map that a ahre holds and hmmms "Not bally well sure de best route or which one is closer" Oct 17, 2019 at 7:37 p.m.
Nilear, fighter recruit, kind of on the short side, has been along with the group but largely silent. He stares at his map "I'm all for goin' south around the lake. It says hills down there. Hills sound dry" he reasons. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:39 p.m.
RW Abbey: Bunk Room Caleb exits the Bunk Room.. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:44 p.m.
RW Abbey: Middle Dormitory Caleb heads off towards the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:44 p.m.
RW Abbey: Staircase Caleb moves off into the Great Hall.. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:44 p.m.
Caleb arrives from the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:44 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Caleb heads outside and into the Abbey Entry.. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:44 p.m.
The Swamplands Cera says, "Yeah..wot he says, lets get going and win, wining is good and the sooner we get done the sooner we can like rest and forget we were even in this place." Oct 17, 2019 at 7:47 p.m.
(Isla is caked in mud, but the upside is that the mud keeps the insects off her. So she isn't going to complain. "If we're down fer a swim, might be able t'just cut right across... But..." She eyes the dark lake waters. "Dunno what might be /in/ there, yanno? Anyway... I hate doublin' back, so I say we take th'one on the other side of th'lake. But I chose last time." Thankfully, fur hides an embarrassed flush. She's only a recruit, she shouldn't be the one making decisions, here. She's glad for the next bit of helpful information. With a nod, she starts walking towards the hills, gritting her teeth at the difficulty in wading through mud. To the hills! "Maybe we bally well /should/ swim. This mud is no joke.") Oct 17, 2019 at 7:50 p.m.
Terrence nods, moving to stand behind the group. "Well, you should get going, then, wot!" The corporal, far more confident in his group than when they first started, has one thing to say before he goes into a more paws-off role. "Don't swim, please. As Isla said, you never know what type of fish or other nasty creatures can be lurking in the depths, eh? And your gear'll be ruined quicker than in the mud, wot. Plus," he adds, "Being wet'll make you a beacon to the little blighters nipping at us..." Oct 17, 2019 at 7:54 p.m.
Zolomon asks, "Fish that bite are in the swamp?" Oct 17, 2019 at 7:56 p.m.
Nilear wrinkles his nose at the idea of swimming "The mud's foul enough, I don't even want tah see wot decides tah live here" he's quickly off though, trying to hurry through the mud towards the hills in the distance. He does look back at the corporal after Zolomon's question though. He might not want to meet the local wildlife but he is curious. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:58 p.m.
RW Abbey: Bunk Room Xander exits the Bunk Room.. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:59 p.m.
RW Abbey: Middle Dormitory Xander heads off towards the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:59 p.m.
RW Abbey: Staircase Xander moves off into the Great Hall.. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:59 p.m.
Xander arrives from the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:59 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Xander heads outside and into the Abbey Entry.. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:59 p.m.
Xander steps outside from the Great Hall.. Oct 17, 2019 at 7:59 p.m.
The Swamplands Cera frowns "I hope not.."And now she doesnt want near water,just in case as they make thier way to the hills Oct 17, 2019 at 8 p.m.
Slapping his cheek were a bug landed, the corporal responds in an irritated tone, "Maybe, but I was referring to these bloody little horrors, wot! Anyway, I think you lot can manage something, eh?" Terrence drops back a few paces from the main group, still testing the ground his spear end and not saying anything more unless he has to. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:04 p.m.
"Walkin tis!" Isla nods to Terrence, adjusting her pack and going for her canteen. It's very muddy, and she spits gunk, pulling a face. "Urgh!" She continues walking towards the hills, struggling with the mud. But she's light and quick, and uses rocks and branches and trees to navigate wherever possible! Oct 17, 2019 at 8:05 p.m.
RW Abbey: Main Gate Krisha walks through the gates into the abbey. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
Krisha walks through the gates. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
Ewan walks through the gates into the abbey. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
Ewan walks through the gates. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
RW Abbey: Entry Ewan departs for the open field. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
Ewan arrives in the open field from in front of the Great Hall. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
RW Abbey: Open Ground Ewan climbs the stairs to the infirmary. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
RW Abbey: Entry Krisha departs for the open field. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
Krisha arrives in the open field from in front of the Great Hall. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
RW Abbey: Open Ground Krisha climbs the stairs to the infirmary. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
Krisha climbs the stairs from the main yard of the abbey. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
RW Abbey: Entry Caleb departs for the open field. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
Caleb arrives in the open field from in front of the Great Hall. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
RW Abbey: Open Ground Caleb climbs the stairs to the infirmary. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
Caleb climbs the stairs from the main yard of the abbey. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
RW Abbey: Entry Xander departs for the open field. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:14 p.m.
Xander arrives in the open field from in front of the Great Hall. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:14 p.m.
RW Abbey: Open Ground Xander climbs the stairs to the infirmary. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:14 p.m.
Xander climbs the stairs from the main yard of the abbey. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:14 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Krisha carries Ewan to the infirm and lets an otter by the gates get John into the abbey as she frowns and sits Ewan down on a cot and sits i a chair herself a little shaky but ok, she shakes her head at the healer sahe is fine tend to the others for now. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:19 p.m.
Caleb is not a healer but he knows some things as he noticed teh group and right away made sure his grandma and moter knews the beasts were back and went to the infirm "What happen...whoa.."He smiles when he notices Krisha is back and ok or is she ok? Oct 17, 2019 at 8:23 p.m.
Xander right away notices Krisha and makes a bee line for her, hugging her but not too toghtly as he glaces at Ewan and then Krisha, worry in his eyes. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:24 p.m.
Ewan groans, he is moslty unconious with a gash to his side, the tip of one ear torn badly and has a broken arm and leg..what fun. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:26 p.m.
The Swamplands Isla laughs at the bush that appears and disappears with its cryptic warning. "So we bally well don't want t'get caught." The recruit nods, eyeing the cook. "So, a stealthy approach, then?" She whispers to her team, nodding at the rocks. "I'll make a distraction, an' one of you can go for it!" Without a better plan in place, the hare shrugs off her gear and leaves it in a safe dry place, takes a deep breath, and takes of /running/ into the hills. "BALLY HOOOOOOOO!" She shouts, ducking and dodging and racing away from the fire, in the hopes that the cook will abandon their post and the rocks the group needs to be snagging! Oct 17, 2019 at 8:29 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Krisha allows the hug and is clearly tried as she sighs a little and leans into the hug, she finally gets out "I'm not..not hurt"A little shaken up, and there is some bruises and a claw mark on her face but she is correct, she avoided much in the way of injury. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:29 p.m.
Xander listens and is silent till he finally finds the words to say "I was worried...so worried and they didnt want me to go look for you"The lizard where is the "I wont let the monitor get you back, trust me I can go look for it...slay it" Oct 17, 2019 at 8:32 p.m.
Caleb elistens as healers tend to the injuried beasst "Monitors are..like really bad and dangerous too" Oct 17, 2019 at 8:32 p.m.
Ewan has his injuries tedned to, its clear he is likely gonna be stuck here a few weeks likely. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:34 p.m.
Krisha speaks finally "Its dead..John finished it off."She will hold off on saying she injuried it fairly bad herself, she needs some sleep as she ends up falling asleep agasist Xander. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:35 p.m.
Xander holds onto her and lifts her up placeing her gently onto a cot but still a concern and lets montions for a healer t o check her anyways as he walks over to where Ewan is, a brif glace at John. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:37 p.m.
Caleb says, "I am sure she will be ok Xander...and also I have no clue what all happen...ummm a fight..."He listens and akss "Is the monitor for sure...dead?"" Oct 17, 2019 at 8:39 p.m.
Ewan groans, he comes to a little after the healers have mostly bandaged him up "Its..d...d.ead...gone..."He is clearly in some pain and gulps a little "Moniors...are...b..b...bad....John would of died, maybe me if.."He stops"If Krisha didnt distract it, she stabed the monitor in the back..errr shoulder and the blade c...came out of hits collar bone and john...finsihed off monitor....I got..bvery little in..."Panic attack didnt help him either, maybe if he didnt panic he could of done better but hey he is alive to tell the tale. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:42 p.m.
The Swamplands Felicity has been tagging along silently, mostly there to help make sure the Privates and Recruits don't get themselves killed by eating stuff that's not actually food. Raising an eyebrow at the dressed-up hare, she comes quietly up just in time to see Isla dash off. "Isla! We're s'possed t'agree first....oh, for th' love, don't run off by y'self!" Groaning, the Corporal scowls. "S'pose I oughta go aftah 'er an' make sure she doesn't get killed by drownin' in a 'idden mud pit...." Oct 17, 2019 at 8:42 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Xander listens and looks surprised "Krisha......did wot?" He glaces at where Krisha is sleeping now and looks back to the others, he nods to Ewan "Get some, some rest..." Oct 17, 2019 at 8:43 p.m.
Caleb nods "Good riddence to the lizard...he was creepy and evil and..bad" Though he sort of wants proof but it can wait. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:44 p.m.
The Swamplands The cook/monster looks up sharply at the noise and lurches forward to protect stone markers with a ladle. He figures out the game when Isla runs off though because he knows he's going to have hares distracting him but he's supposed to be a big scary monster so he's got to play the part! He remains civilized long enough to take the soup off the fire but then he gives chase, clutching his hat to his head as he runs after Isla with an angry "Aarooooooo!" Oct 17, 2019 at 8:45 p.m.
Cera is getting better at avoiding troubles and hidden dangers fairly well"We need those stones so we like...win" Oct 17, 2019 at 8:46 p.m.
Zolomon keeps an eye out for anything or anyone else, its too quiet to suit him and he sighs "Come on we need ta do all this while tis still light out" Oct 17, 2019 at 8:47 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Ewan would answer but he has slipped into some needed sleep. sleep is likely best right now. Oct 17, 2019 at 8:48 p.m.
The Swamplands Isla is running. "GE' TH'BLOODY ROCK!" She yells over her shoulder, taking a hard turn and slipping on a patch of moss. She hits the ground and takes a face-full of mud. Sputtering and spitting, she scrambles upright again, looping back towards the group. She sees Felicity hollering and chasing after her, and just shoots a tired thumbs up. She really hopes that someone in her group goes and gets that rock! Oct 17, 2019 at 8:52 p.m.
Felicity knows that they're only supposed to supervise and make sure nobody actually dies, so she goes ahead and chases after Isla, easily catching up to her and keeping up with her (seeing as how she and Zolomon are the fastest hares in the Mountain). "Y'supposed t'make sure all y'party agrees b'fore y'run off!" Her footing isn't as steady here as it is out on the sands, and so that's becoming a bit of a bother to the Runner. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:01 p.m.
Cera goes to help get the rock as well, a grin as she so SO intends to grab at least one rock! Oct 17, 2019 at 9:02 p.m.
Zolomon trips a hare thats clearly from the other team and just grins at them and chuckles,"Watch ya step lad..slippaery here huh?" Oct 17, 2019 at 9:03 p.m.
Nilear looks highly surprised as Isla disappears off running and that it works and the cook chases her. He snaps out of it when everyone starts talking though "Well we're not goin' tah get them and win if yah two keep standing there! Get the rock an' scarper before he comes back!" he hisses the words out before sighing with a little relief as Cera grabs one "Right, leg it! Two down, three tah go chaps" Oct 17, 2019 at 9:04 p.m.
Zolomon keeps focused as they are doing well, but its also slowly getting dark as they walk along and get close to where some woods are, he hmmmss softly as he is slightly away from the others, then he is a runner so he can get clues to the others as he scouts ahead a little tp get a better look at where the next marker stone is and grins, maybe he can get it and surprise them all and be a saved the day hero as he goes to creep to the stone, his focus only the stone. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:15 p.m.
Nilear gives both Isla and Cera a grin and thumbs up each "Team work!" and with that it's on to the next on by the woods. The woods is essentially a treasure hunt. There's just a sign nailed to a tree saying 'Good luck finding it. It's been hidden well' and they have to search for it. As it's turns out it's hidden in a hole between some roots and with Zolomon's headstart and finding it before the rest of the group even gets there they might catch up some time...Except Zolomon's not there when they arrive. The woods appear deserted. All that's to be found is some drag marks and some webbed footprints. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:22 p.m.
Felicity is grumbling quietly as she glares at the mud splattered on her legs from her run. When they (finally) arrive at the tree roots, she notices the webbed footprints because she's had the training needed to keep in mind that you could die at any time...and also because she's still upset about having to run after Isla to make sure she didn't find a mud pit. Freezing, the Corporal draws her sword as she hisses at the others to be quiet. Pointing at the webmarks in the mud, she starts to scan the woodlands around them, hoping her fellow hares are actually listening to her. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:27 p.m.
Cera follows and frowns, "Wot?" She whispers as she sees the drag marks and blinks and the web marks.."Umm....wot the...?" She treis to whisper best she can, wait who is missing? Or maybe its some trick of the other team. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:30 p.m.
Nilear looks alarmed as Felicity draws a sword and he immediately starts looking around all over the place as he inches closer to the others and pulls out his own sword "Wot's goin' on?" he whispers. The woods seem quiet until the silence is broken by a loud CROAK. The toads are hiding, blending in with the trees but there's a quiet hissing laugh coming from at least four spots. They apparently find the hares funny. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:35 p.m.
Felicity mutters a curse under her breath. "Well, that's just bloody great." Her sarcasm oozes like the mud around them. "Shoulda thought o' th'fact that woods tend t'be warmah than out in th'open. Try t'go back out th'way we came...carefully." She urges them to go, keeping herself between them and the toads (hopefully). Oct 17, 2019 at 9:38 p.m.
Cera frowns and looks suddenly worried she has heard stories of toads and frogs and lays a paw on her saber as she tries to stay brave, come on she tells herself you survived a siege and basically doom day in Mossflower and this scares you "I..I wanna go home....can we now...please?" Oct 17, 2019 at 9:40 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Caleb departs for the hallway. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:41 p.m.
RW Abbey: Middle Dormitory Caleb heads off towards the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:41 p.m.
RW Abbey: Staircase Caleb moves off into the Great Hall.. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:41 p.m.
Caleb arrives from the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:41 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Xander departs for the hallway. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:41 p.m.
RW Abbey: Middle Dormitory Xander heads off towards the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:41 p.m.
RW Abbey: Staircase Xander moves off into the Great Hall.. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:41 p.m.
Xander arrives from the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:41 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Recovery Cynthia returns to the Main Infirmary... Oct 17, 2019 at 9:42 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Cynthia departs for the hallway. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:42 p.m.
RW Abbey: Middle Dormitory Cynthia heads off towards the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:42 p.m.
RW Abbey: Staircase Cynthia moves off into the Great Hall.. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:42 p.m.
Cynthia arrives from the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:42 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Caleb is helping doing chores and right now clearing the tables after dinner time. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:43 p.m.
Xander has at least ate better now and still has some ale he is sipping and a piece of pie he slowly nibbleing at as he seems in deep thought, a couple asked if he was ok and got shrug as a reply and some just keep thier distance from him. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:44 p.m.
Cynthia is sitting at a table playing a harp, she stops and goes over to Xander and sits beside him "Hey....where sis you go after your speech, you kind of disappeared and someone said a couple beasts were hurt and in the infirm , didnt hear why though...." Oct 17, 2019 at 9:46 p.m.
The Swamplands "But we didn't finish" is all Nilear can mutter. It of course doesn't really matter now but he's just a recruit, he's had lots of training but very little real danger. He does as he's told at least and edges back the way he came, slowly moving towards the edge of the woods. From the woods there's slowly more and more laughter and it gets louder as the hares back off until finally one of the toads throws a rock at them. They of course find this hilarious and more rocks are quickly thrown followed by a few spears as a dozen frogs and toads all have their fun trying to scare the hares and hit them with the rocks. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:47 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Caleb knows "that monitor was found...its dead now and it injuried someoen named John and Ewan " Oct 17, 2019 at 9:47 p.m.
The Swamplands "We're prob'ly 'bout t'DIE an' y're worried 'about WINNIN'?!" Felicity growls in a low voice, shuffling behind those under her care, blue eyes blazing as she keeps a watch for attack. As soon as the first rock is thrown, she gives one of the sharpest commands she's ever spoken: "RUN, BACK T'THE MEETIN' PLACE, NOW!!" She turns and flees, keeping the Recruits and Privates ahead of her (which is hard since she's a Runner by nature, and her body was built to go fast), glancing over her shoulder to make sure they're not being followed. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:52 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Xander replies "I...did leave, maybe I was gonna stay in Ferrvale a few days then go find Send that Uncle Oz always liker...spoke of, he lived there and Uncle Zee lived there and so did Grandfather, and Uncle Zee is like bruied up thar...somewhere"He frowns and adds "Krisha is ok......resting, the monitor tried to take her away...and John and Ewan saved her...I should of went and helped...but stayed like I was told to...stayed at the abbey..." Oct 17, 2019 at 9:53 p.m.
The Swamplands Cera rowns "Die? I..I dont wanna die!!! I still have things I want to do in life..."She whimpers now "I..I have to tell Private Konnor I love him...."WHat the? ok then...well thats for SURE important "Yes run..."A spear barely missses her and one recuit faints and she catchs them, oh joy two packs and now this!! She hates today why didnt she just over sleep and get yelled at later! Oct 17, 2019 at 9:57 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Cynthia asks, "Send?" She frowns "But you would of been missed and beasts would of been sad, like Krisha"" Oct 17, 2019 at 9:59 p.m.
Caleb listens "Glad the badger mother is ok and...ummm I think she like got someone to watch the dibbuns a coupe days anyways..maybe you could help?" Dibbuns like badgers right? he frowns "Send is like far away isnt it? Like a season or so or something ?" Oct 17, 2019 at 10:01 p.m.
Xander frowns and a shrug "I dont know how far it is..I was gonna, find out but dont worry I am going to stay here now...mostly still have a tavern in Ferrvale sort of not been tending to much..Patch and his helpers have been for the most part"Yeah Patch likely hates him now. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:02 p.m.
Cynthia says, "Its good your staying Xander and welll....errrr....one cant be somewhere all the time,that be hard and Patch is likely fine..Tavern is still standing last I heard I mean thats something that would be like told oif it wasn't"" Oct 17, 2019 at 10:05 p.m.
The Swamplands Nilear is just trying not to panic, he knows life and death trumps the trials really but his mind just went to being disappointed about losing instead of facing potential death. He eeks as the first rock is thrown and doesn't have to be told twice, he's off running as fast as he can until he looks back and sees Cera with a fainted recruit and springs back to help carry them away "Declarations of love latah!" he yells as he runs but suddenly changes direction towards the slow winding river to the north "There's a crossin' on the map! The camp's by it! There's hare's there!" it's closer than the starting point at least. The toads do chase them out of the woods but they don't go far beyond the trees, just throwing things until the hares are out of range after which a couple get the hilarious idea to grab the limp Zolomon from where they'd stashed him, hold him up above their heads and dance around laughing and taunting in some other language. This brings on more laughter from the group. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:05 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Caleb nods as he sits down as well "Yeah so maybe just try and relax or something" Oct 17, 2019 at 10:08 p.m.
The Swamplands Felicity urges the other hares onward, quickly changing direction. "Oi, all o' you! Follow 'im!" She orders, pointing to Nilear and silently promising herself that she's gonna suggest nametags for everyone whenever they do this kind of training thing again. She glances back and sees Zolomon being paraded around, and something snaps within her. She pauses where she is, takes as deep of a breath as possible, and screams as loudly as she can, "EEEULLLAAAALLLLIIIAAAAA! PATROL T'THE FORE, WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! EULALIA!!" Then it's back on the run, vowing that she'll return to save her fellow Runner, so help her! Oct 17, 2019 at 10:11 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Xander sighs "Relaxing is hard to do too many thoughts and worries and I dont know wot to do and its annoying and I think half the abbey and Benar still hate me or am afraid of me even after I told everyone at dinner I was sorry for my actions" He still want to tell Benar in person but he is uncertain how. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:11 p.m.
The Swamplands Cera frowns ass she goes faster and trips over something, skinning her knee..joy! Two packs and a limp passed out recruit can slow you down easyly. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:13 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Cynthia says, "Well....maybe not..did you like ask?" Oct 17, 2019 at 10:14 p.m.
Caleb says, "I dont hate you, Cynthia and cota doesnt and I am sure mother and nanna dont"" Oct 17, 2019 at 10:15 p.m.
Xander feels tears and just lays his head in his paws and just cries, the past couple weeks...weeks....heck this season and half is to much to handle Oct 17, 2019 at 10:16 p.m.
The Swamplands For his part, Terrence had been half-paying attention the hares' antics from were he was some yards away, until the toads appeared and start chasing them. "COME ON!" The corporal bellows, waving his spear franticly. "FOLLOW ME! It's pretty solid this way!" He remains in place, intending to take the rear of the fleeing hares. Until Cera trips, of course. He runs forward to her, offering a paw. "Here, let me take my pack back, wot! And get moving!" Oct 17, 2019 at 10:18 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Cynthia frowns as he starts to cry and just pats his shoulder, maybe some crying will help and she is silent just being there for him, she womt say its ok as a lot may say that but who knows when its true and sometimes that makes one feel worse. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:18 p.m.
The Swamplands Dominik goes In Character. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:18 p.m.
RW Abbey: Main Gate John walks through the gates into the abbey. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.
RW Abbey: Entry John goes into the Great Hall. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.
John comes from the entry. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Caleb lets his wife help Xander as he thinks, he sighs and is not sure what to say, he should get back to helping clear the tables but its fine. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:20 p.m.
The Swamplands (A couple of the toads venture out to try and catch the stragglers with nets as Cera trips but then Felicity starts yelling and they know that war-cry. They know what the patrol hares are of course but the war-cry is a promise of battle. The mood in the woods changes instantly from laughter to anger and they charge regardless of the cold. Spears ready to attack, nets ready to capture. Only the two with Zolomon stay behind and drag him back off in to the woods.) Oct 17, 2019 at 10:21 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Xander just sniffs, still crying and manages to quiet a little bit and rub his eyes as he lifts his head some and sighs deeply."I..I doidnt ask but some still...they act like they domt want near me and so seem ok now and...I wamt to talk to the abbot but not sure he wants me near him..." Oct 17, 2019 at 10:21 p.m.
Cynthia sits there still and offers a smile "Maybe just give it time...ok?" She is tryng to help, she is as she looks around, lets see change the subject as she gets up and comes back "There is apple pie left, want some?" Oct 17, 2019 at 10:24 p.m.
The Swamplands Cera looks behind her and eeps as she barely missses a net...the poor passed out recruit she was carrying is taken away! She sighs ...not her fault! Ok maybe it is a little as she runs faster now Oct 17, 2019 at 10:25 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Coming down from the stairs with his left arm in a sling and a crutch under the same side shoulder, John makes his slowly over to the beasts, nodding in hello as he does so. He offers a small smile to Xander as he sees the tears, saying, quietly, "Th' monitor's dead, if y'haven' heard, an' your wife's back safe an' sound, she is." Oct 17, 2019 at 10:26 p.m.
Caleb nods a hello to John and looks at the fact yeah there is pie left, ok....but he is ok . Oct 17, 2019 at 10:27 p.m.
Xander looks at teh offered pie, and starts to eat the piece and looks at John as he nods "I..I heard...Krisha is resting in the infirmary..for now..."He frowns "I should of just went out and helped you guys, I'm sorry" Oct 17, 2019 at 10:29 p.m.
The Swamplands Felicity turns and stands her ground a distance behind the other hares. She knows she basically just invited the battle, but she also knows any decent and sober hare within earshot will come to their aid. As the toads advance, the Runner screams her warcry again and meets an amphibian as he closes on her. Ducking under his spear, she goes to stab him in the skull, trying to give the Recruits and Privates enough time to escape and bring back help! She quickly loads her sling in her left paw, keeping hold of her sword in her right paw and using her loaded sling like a flexible club to bash a toad upside the head as she stabs at another with her blade. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:30 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Cynthia says, "Yeah but maybe you would of gotten hurt bad too or worse and you didnt know they would like..find the lizard"She frowns she and Caleb saw it "And that thing is scary....all monitors are..."She knows one here is not but still...Ferro is scary to her for now anyways." Oct 17, 2019 at 10:31 p.m.
The Swamplands And as all the other hares turn and begin to head in the opposite direction, fleeing from the sudden onslaught of toad attacks, there is one who appears to be going in the wrong direction...which is in the direction of the toads. Not heeding the warnings of his fellow Patrollers, the massive hare can see one thing and one thing only...his companions being attacked. This does not sit well with him, to say the least, and the crash of his footpaws is heard as he barrels towards the attackers. His attention laser-focuses on the two toads with the nets who are out in front of the others...perhaps this was not their lucky day. Lacking his sword, it still didn't seem to matter as Dom's paws immediately thud into the first toad's belly. Pushing him off to the side, the other is met with a footpaw to the face, which completely knocks the toad flat. Dom's eyes are burning with rage, and he lets out a loud bellow, avoiding the flung spears and nets as he heads towards the other attackers. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:32 p.m.
Another net is caught on Terrence's spear point, entangling it. The corporal lets the weapon go, drawing from his belt his blade, slashing at a nearby toad to detour it as he slowly falls back to stand by the other corporal. "Well, today's going south right quick, eh?" He mutters, grimly. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:33 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall John smiles, shrugging. "No worries, mate, Ewan an' I an' Krisha dealt with th'lizard as best we could, we did." Leaning on the crutch, he looks over at Cynthia. "Suppose that's true, it is, though this one's as dead as it can be. M'sword got it's heart, methinks." Oct 17, 2019 at 10:35 p.m.
Caleb gets the last two pices of pie and offers one to John and he gets one as he sits, pie is sometimes good when one is thinking and trying to relax after a bad day after all amd well someone has to eat them. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:37 p.m.
Xander says, "One less worry...and not all monitor are bad, just most"" Oct 17, 2019 at 10:38 p.m.
The Swamplands Cera is not the best fighter but whne one tries to grab her she bites its paw and jabs her blade it its eye...ouch for the toad as she runs further away! Oct 17, 2019 at 10:41 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Cynthia says, "Goood and...."She shrugs she just stays quiet for now" Oct 17, 2019 at 10:42 p.m.
Taking the offered pie with his free paw, John mutters a small, "Thank y'," to the abbey-brother. The squirrel hobbles his way to a nearby chair and slumps down atop it, setting the pie on the table. "Aye," he says with a chuckle, "Most..." He starts digging in. "After I eat, I need a bit o'shut eye, I do. Besides thirst I got in h'infirm, haven' slept since yesterday, I have!" Oct 17, 2019 at 10:43 p.m.
The Swamplands All the yelling of course attracts other attention. The big ears aren't just for show! The camp is close enough that Greg and the small group waiting there know something's going on and have started heading towards the noise "Wot the hell did yah do?!" shouts the voice of Greg out of the distance. It's a funny sort of war-cry. Help is on the way though as the hares can hear fighting and charge straight for it. The captured recruit by Cera is swiftly dragged away back towards the woods while the other toads continue in their attempts to catch the rest of them. The injuries and losses on their side just seem to make them mad and the try to split the hares up and get in between them and the rest of the group. Trying to get behind them and attack from both sides. Dom has a different tactic. They try and keep back and start throwing things at the oversized hare. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:44 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Cynthia says, "infirm isnt the best place to sleep, bunk room is nicer" Oct 17, 2019 at 10:44 p.m.
Xander says, "Yeah...its ok, at times..."He loks aty John as he adds "I am glad the monitor is gone now...amd that you and Ewan are ok...though Ewan did have a lot worse wounds think but the healers should fix him up ok"" Oct 17, 2019 at 10:46 p.m.
The Swamplands Felicity doesn't reply and instead continues whacking and slashing at the toads, her face frozen in a furious grimace. Hearing Greg, though, she shouts back, "'Twasn't our fault! Y'lot promised the toads would be asleep!!" Yes, blame the higher-ranking hares. It's usually their fault, right? She trips over a spear, rolls, and springs upright, getting a slash to the cheek as she takes the weilder of the spear out with a stab and a clobber with her still-loaded sling! Oct 17, 2019 at 10:49 p.m.
Dominik is rather limber despite his size, and he easily manages to avoid the projectiles thrown in his direction. The large hare even finds some grim amusement from the fact that they are trying to play it smart and attack him from afar instead of simply ganging up on him. Well, I mean, wouldn't -you-? The fact that he is gradually being cut off from the others doesn't really seem to phase him, and he picks up the occasional misthrown spear from the ground and flings it back into the group of toads. Rocks are tossed as well, and Dom really doesn't have much of a weapon aside from his own paws. Until he sees the small, half-uprooted tree nearby. Making his way over to it while at the same time ducking and weaving projectiles, the buck finally reaches said tree. Wrapping his arms around it, he tugs upwards as hard as he can until he finally manages to uproot the thing. He then proceeds to turn, using the tree as a battering ram as he trounces towards the toads unfortunate enough to be closest to him. Swinging th Oct 17, 2019 at 10:53 p.m.
the tree like a bat, Dom sends some of the toads scattering...others are sent flying back into the swamps as utter chaos reigns around him. He'd put himself in a dangerous position, being closer to the toads now, but all he concentrates on is seeing how many he can bat into the air. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:53 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Caleb nods as he listens and finoshes pie and clears away any dishes and returns as someone else is gonna wash dishes, so he is happy...he did clear tables and cleaned tables off so he did his part. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:55 p.m.
The Swamplands The loud croaking from the toads can be heard on nearly every side of the hares, and, while several rush around to block off the hares' escape, some of the others seem wary of the noise in the distance from the main camp. However, that doesn't stop them for long, and the toads are soon on the hares again, replacing their fallen kin, with some going in between Dominik and the others, encircling the large hare though keeping a safe distance from him now. They're scared of the private, though not too scared that numbers won't boost their morale. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:55 p.m.
Terrence, for his part, has been doing a decent job of not being caught up by the spears, sparing a glance at Felicity. "That-" He jabs at a toad that got too close for comfort, "That might bite you back later, wot!" The corporal looks around, biting his lip. "OI!" He calls, "Stick close together and try to firm up in a tight group! If you have spears, try to point those ou-YOCH!" he gets cut off as a toad jabs him in the arm. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:56 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall "Aye, he does..." The squirrel responds, nodding. "Poor blighter froze up at first, he did...Got slashed good..." John sighs. "Though if he or Krisha weren' there I think it would've gone more badly for me, it would." Oct 17, 2019 at 10:59 p.m.
Xander sighs "He..surived that big seige thing, think by luck..so...now we just relax and..recover suppose" Oct 17, 2019 at 11:01 p.m.
Caleb says, "Always good to relax and the healers here are very good, Ewan wil be ok I am sure"" Oct 17, 2019 at 11:02 p.m.
The Swamplands Gregorian doesn't have a huge force with him, there was only a few in the camp during the training but they've also got the first two groups to make it back to camp with them as they appear on scene to see the exact scale of the problem "Archahs! Careful with yah targets. Everyone else stick tahgetah and get tah the othahs!" he orders as they surge forward in a clump and try to get to the others that have been split off and join them up with the main group. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:02 p.m.
Felicity glances at Terrence. "OI! Y' 'EARD 'IM, GET IN A FIRMER GROUP, QUICK!" She fights towards the other hares while staying close to Terrence, letting lose her slingstone at one of the toads attacking Dom, quickly reloading and turning it into a club again. "Get y'speahs into a wall stickin' out! Try t'keep th'monstahs back, wot!" Oct 17, 2019 at 11:09 p.m.
Dominik uses his improvised weapon to keep the encircling toads at bay, slowly turning in a circle as he swings it at the group who are encroaching upon his space. The space gets smaller and smaller as more toads arrive, and they seem to correctly realize the biggest threat and try to neutralize it. Dom can see that fear in their faces, and he cannot help but give a satisfied grin to himself despite his dire circumstances. Striking fear into the hearts of vermin is always number one on his list, and accomplishing that gives him a bit of satisfaction. "Take step closer, get tree in face..." he booms, his ears now flattened upon the back of his head. "Vil take as many of you vith me as I can. Who vants to try first?" The occasional net is thrown, which he easily sidesteps, though once the toads realize that they probably could throw multiple nets at once, the large hare likely would be in a bit of a spot. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:09 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall "He did, did he?"John says, looking over at the badger. "Hmm...Maybe luck." He finishes the pie, leaning back. "Indeed he will, methinks. Though my armor won', that's fo'sure. Several gashes from th'monster's claws it has." Oct 17, 2019 at 11:11 p.m.
Xander says, "Maybe Ferro can fix your armor in Ferravale...well once he feels better unless he like gets stuck here, then you may have to wait."He seems to feel better "Also hope the..caravan beasts are doing ok, you can tell them the news too"" Oct 17, 2019 at 11:13 p.m.
The Swamplands As arrows and stones are loosed into the toads some are driven back, either turning tail and fleeing or jumping into nearby pools of water and muck to disappear in the dirty water. However, the majority are still in a frenzy. They croak and gurgle, waving their spears madly as they charge the smaller hare group, still some distance from the Sergeant. The toads who had circled around the hares to cut them off, however, start to realize they've been caught between a rock and a heard place, running away with little effort on the Patrol's part. But they soon join the main body of toads, adding to their numbers. Those around Dominik give ghoulish grins, rushing at him all at once with a cry of, "GLRRRG!" One does fall to Felicities well aimed stone, though, but it unphases the others. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:13 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall John shrugs, "Actually just a bit o' sewin' it needs. It's linen." He dips his head. "Aye, I'll be sure t'tell them, I will." Oct 17, 2019 at 11:14 p.m.
The Swamplands Terrence manages to slay the offending toad, though his arm hangs loosely at his side. He nods in thanks to the other corporal for reinforcing his call. Sword still pointed out, he moves closer to the others. "If you have slings, try to use them as well - don't worry about aim, wot! Just harass the little buggers!" Oct 17, 2019 at 11:17 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Xander says, "Hmmms..and it keeps you...safe?"" Oct 17, 2019 at 11:21 p.m.
Caleb says, "Ferro is that...other monitor, isnt he? He like knows some beasts here right?"" Oct 17, 2019 at 11:21 p.m.
The Swamplands The larger force of hares push forwards as fast as they can towards the others. Though a good chunk of their numbers are recruits there are at least a few seasoned privates and officers to keep the group from getting split up in the chaos. Greg yells orders when needed including "Dom yah blatherin' idiot! Yah cut off! Get back tah the group!" but he spends a lot of the time knocking the living daylights out of toads that don't get out of the way fast enough. He melds in with the crowd, one blur of weaponry flashing among many. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:22 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall "Aye, the blacksmith..." John says, grabbing a nearby apple and taking a bite. "As for the armor, it does - a gambeson is what it's called. Layers o'linen an'cheap t'make. Usually I got some little pieces o'metal on it called jack-chains, too, an' gauntlets, though I forgo all tha' when I climb..." Oct 17, 2019 at 11:24 p.m.
Xander says, "Ferro is a goood beast, trust me..maybe talk to him sometime" Oct 17, 2019 at 11:25 p.m.
Caleb shrugs "Maybe.."He isnt sure though, after one monitor all seem..unsafe to him "Will think on it" Oct 17, 2019 at 11:26 p.m.
Finishing the apple, the squirrel sets the core down. "Ferro's an alright beast, he is, leastways from wha' I remember from him." John scans the table for something else to eat. "Haven' talked t'him for seasons, though..." Oct 17, 2019 at 11:27 p.m.
Xander says, "He is somewhere in the abbey, not sure where..I might need to help him get back to Ferravale but I would be back in a couple days and..this time I promise to be back to the abbey, no plans to go anywhere else, now at least. I belong here"" Oct 17, 2019 at 11:29 p.m.
Caleb smiles at the badger's words "Yeah..you have friends here and family and..I am sure your get a chance to talk to Benar, maybe soon...maybe later, who knows" Oct 17, 2019 at 11:30 p.m.
Xander nods as he stands "For now..gonna check on Krisha...talk later" He heads on up the stairs Oct 17, 2019 at 11:31 p.m.
Having found a roll to munch on, John waves to Xander as he exits. "Righ' the', f'r'ell!" He calls through a mouthful, before swallowing. The squirrel takes another bite of the roll. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:33 p.m.
The Swamplands Felicity relaxes just a /tiny/ bit when the beleaguered hares finally form a circle. But her relaxation doesn't last long as she slings a stone at the toads near Dom. "Fight t'Dominik! Stay in formation, but move! Afore 'tis too late! EULALIAAAAAAAAA!!!" She shoots another stone, then another, keeping her sword out, just in case. The larger group of Patrollers has been slowed somewhat now that they are engaged in battle, but they are working their way to the smaller group of fighters, nonetheless. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:33 p.m.
Dominik had accomplished quite a few impressive, and one might say even Herculean, tasks in the past, and had garnered a reputation for being one not to be trifled with or angered for any reason. Upon seeing the scene currently playing out in the swamps, one would understand this reputation, as the toads being to all rush at him at once. As they close in, it becomes increasingly difficult for the large hare to use the tree as he'd been using it previously, and so he is forced to abandon the weapon in the fight for his life. Still, he gets one good last use out of it, flinging it horizontally at the first line of approaching toads. Aww, he is touched...they are using an entire unit just for him! Now that his paws are free, he thwacks left and right, not aiming anywhere in particular, just striking out at the multitude of toads that are within his personal space. His footpaws come into play as well, as he leaps and kicks out, and toads fly left and right off of the rapidly growing pile that is closing in and begi Oct 17, 2019 at 11:34 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Caleb stands he should finsih some chores as he excuses himself and heads off to, well chores await Oct 17, 2019 at 11:34 p.m.
The Swamplands beginning to subdue Dom. "EULALIAAAAA!" he bellows, struggling and fighting even as he is finally swarmed over by his adversaries. Still, he slowly rises once again, just a pile of toads lifting off the ground, before he finally is weighed down beneath them all. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:34 p.m.
Crawling over an increasing number of their dead comrades surrounding Dominik, more toads pile onto the hare, some casting their nets to catch him, while others try to beat him senseless with their spear ends, while still more simply try to stab him. The rest of the toads not in the withering mess around him turn towards the war cries, with some more fleeing here and there. Yet still the majority of toads are set on fighting what they see as trespassers and challengers, leaping over fallen bodies forward with their nets out and spears pointed. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:40 p.m.
"EUALIAAA! GIVE 'EM BLOOD AND VINEGAR!" Terrence joins in, roaring as he lunges forward to skewer another toad. "Quickly now!" He barks out, looking behind him for a moment, "Let's start making an orderly retreat to the good ol' Sarge, mates!" Oct 17, 2019 at 11:42 p.m.
Salamandastron: Sleepers' Rest Varus heads off. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:42 p.m.
Western Shore Varus travels southward and is soon hidden from view. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:44 p.m.
Varus heads of on a long journey downshore. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:44 p.m.
Varus turns around and continues downshore. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:44 p.m.
Varus turns and heads between the sea and the mountain. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:44 p.m.
Varus disappears downshore. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:44 p.m.
Varus heads downshore a little ways, his back to the mountain. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:44 p.m.
Varus heads downshore. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:44 p.m.
Varus turns their back to teh mountain and heads downshore. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:44 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Recovery Ferro returns to the Main Infirmary... Oct 17, 2019 at 11:58 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Ferro departs for the hallway. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:58 p.m.
RW Abbey: Middle Dormitory Ferro heads off towards the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:58 p.m.
RW Abbey: Staircase Ferro moves off into the Great Hall.. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:58 p.m.
Ferro arrives from the Staircase.. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:58 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Ferro moves off towards the Cavern Hole.. Oct 17, 2019 at 11:58 p.m.
The Swamplands Felicity REALLY wants to argue with that idea -- it seems nothing short of perfidious of them to abandon Dom under a heap of toads! -- but she knows arguing would only sow dissention and confusion amongst those under the command she shares with Terrence at the moment. "You 'eard 'im! Join forces wi' th' Sarge, then we can save our comrades as a largah force!" As stream of curses cuts off anything else the Runner was going to say as a stray rock clips her forehead and blood gushes into her eye. It's a pretty shallow wound, but facial injuries always bleed a lot, and so she is partly blinded. The larger group of hares is coming steadily closer, their war cries giving the Recruits and less seasoned Privates courage to keep pressing onward. The groups are coming closer together, so maybe they can save Dom here in a few minutes?? Oct 17, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Dominik is facing odds currently insurmountable even for the large hare, as he is piled on by his attackers. The nets entangle his arms and legs, and despite him struggling he isn't able to do much...especially once the toads begin to lay in with their spearbutts. Despite his struggle, Dom eventually crumples to the ground helplessly as he is thwacked relentlessly with spears, sustaining a few stab wounds here and there as well due to his inability to defend himself very well. The attempted help from his comrades was admirable, but there were just too many toads in one place for them to handle, let alone one hare. So their retreat is understandable...not that Dom would really be able to tell, anyway, in his current situation. Oct 18, 2019 at midnight
The toads throw back their heads and croak victoriously when the big private is brought down and they soon are dragging him away. Some are in clear awe of Dominik, even as they take him, and that may keep him alive longer than most if the worst comes to pass. The rest of the toads start to realize while they have superior numbers, the second group of hares headed by the one-legged long-ears might be too much so they start to try to get away from the hares. The small group with Felicity and Terrence, however... More toads start attacking them, tossing nets and small rocks into their midst, catching at least one private and slaying another. Oct 18, 2019 at 12:09 a.m.
"Felicity, I don't think we can go after him," Terrence mutters to her out of the side of his mouth, quickly dipping his head to avoid a stone. "He's beyond our reach, and going after him will get yourself or the rest of us killed!" The corporal slashes a toad across his face as another recruit goes down next to him. "WE NEED TO MOVE BACK, NOW!" He roars out. Oct 18, 2019 at 12:12 a.m.
Varus had intended to join this routine training exercise. Totally routine. So routine as to be boring. However, at the last minute, the Major found himself with a stack of paperwork. More recruit evaluations. Slightly more boring. By the time dusk is beginning to settle over the mountain, however, and the trainees are not back... They're hours overdue, after all, Varus and the badger lord are concerned. Displaying remarkable initiative, the Major handpicks 10 of the remaining hares in the mountain... The downside being that they're all unfortunately his age or older. Oh well, age equals experience, right? Varus and his merry band of old fogies march out into the waning sunlight, making double-time toward the Marshes. Oct 18, 2019 at 12:20 a.m.
Felicity has clasped a hankie to her forehead wound with her left paw, thus rendering her sling useless. She stabs at toads who dare to get to close, a tear trickling down her cheek. "I know....but we'll come back. 'Tis what we do. EULALIAAAAAAAAA!!!" She fights ferociously, slicing through nets and knocking aside spears. "ADVANCE T'TH'REAR! QUICK, FIGHT Y'WAY BACK T'OUR COMRADES, WOT! EEEUUULLLLALLLIIIIAAAA!!!" The larger group of hares is close, yet with how many toads are here, so far away. But they are fighting their way closer, closer to the rescue. Oct 18, 2019 at 12:27 a.m.
Dominik isn't really in much of a position to do anything, as the unconscious and bloodied hare is encased in the toads' nets and dragged away with them into the swamp. He did indeed take some of them with him, however...as a matter of fact, quite a few, judging by the pile of toad bodies scattered about the area around where Dom had been cornered. It was rather impressive, that is, if one had time to really survey the whole scene instead of being accosted by more and more toads. Still, one cannot help but wonder if the toads are aware of what exactly they are about to put themselves through once the large hare awakens and realizes the situation. Perhaps it may have been better if they had just killed him on the spot. Oct 18, 2019 at 12:28 a.m.
The toads seem to finally catch on that the smaller group is trying to fight their way back to the larger group, and so start to filter in-between the two, intent on getting as many hares as they can. The ones dragging Dominik are almost excited to bring back the 'great warrior' as they call him in their tongue. The smell of dead toads mixed with the already foul swamp fumes is revolting, yet the toads are clueless to it, their croaks getting louder and louder. A particularly big and ugly toad, with a large wart right between both eyes, lunges with his crude spear at Felicity with wolfish look. Another picks up a rock and tosses it right at Terrence. Oct 18, 2019 at 12:34 a.m.
"O it's hard 'n' dry when the sun is high, an' dust is in yer throat! When the pours down, near fit t' drown, It soaks right through yer coat! But th' Hares o' th' Long Patrol, my lads, stout 'earts they walk wi' me, over 'ill an' plain 'n' back again, t' th' shores o' th' wide blue sea!" Varus leads his comrades in this old Long Patrol marching song, as they cross the dunes, ever southward. The sun is quite low in the sky by the time they near the marshes, and the sounds of unmistakable battle can be heard. "Right'o! There's blood 'n' vinegah t' be 'ad, boys! Sounds like th' trainees got in ovah their 'eads, wot!" One older hare, who only has one eye, one ear, and one leg, grimaces. "I 'ear *toads*, Varus..." "Aye, so do I... So, shall we?" The elder hares all draw their weapons, and yell, "EULAAAALIAAAAAA!" Oct 18, 2019 at 12:37 a.m.
The rock connects with the corporal right on the jaw, and Terrence stumbles back, dazed. He blinks, spitting out a bloody tooth, managing to catch himself in time. The hare waves his blade wildly at the advancing toads, not really aiming for any of them, just trying to keep them away. Then his ears perk up, catching the warcry. "Seems 'elp is here, wot!" Throwing back his head, he lets out, "EULAALIA!" In answer to the veterans' cry. Oct 18, 2019 at 12:38 a.m.
Felicity avoids getting stabbed, but catches a rock with her head and falls to the ground, unconscious. As she's netted, a Recruit who knows of her grabs her sword to take back to the Mountain, knwoing how important it would be to the Runner for her baby sister to get their family's sword. The Corporal has been captured! Blasted toads! Oct 18, 2019 at 12:44 a.m.
The toads have nearly wiped out the smaller group of hares by now, but the Sargent's group is fight fierce. Most of the toads are in the fray, striking out savagely with their spears and rocks - after they drag away Felicity, it seems they're no longer interested in taking more prisoners. However, some of the wort-covered amphibians hear the war cries from a new direction, and start croaking and pointing in the old hares' direction, panicking. Some turn and run, though most are too preoccupied with the hares in their midst. Oct 18, 2019 at 1:04 a.m.
Terrence, still too dazed to fully react to his fellow corporal going down, tries to help her only to take another spear in his leg. He backs off, standing with the recruit who retrieved Felicity's sword. As the small group grows even smaller, they finally make their way to the sage's force. As the two groups merge, Terrence limps his way over to give tired salute with his rapier. "Good evenin', Sarge, 'ow are you?" The corporal says through a fat lip. Stumbling slightly with his left arm hanging uselessly by his side, he returns to fight alongside the other hares while the group waits for the aid of the 'old fogies'. Oct 18, 2019 at 1:09 a.m.
Varus raises his sabre, and launches himself savagely at one of the retreating toads, killing the wart-covered beast instantly. Alas, he was a little too slow with escaping. In fact, all the stragglers are swiftly cut down by the older hares. Unfortunately, the bulk of the toad forces have got away. Those that remain are like shooting fish in a barrel. Pulling his blade from the toad he'd killed, and and cutting down another, Varus makes his way to the group of surviving trainees. Oct 18, 2019 at 1:14 a.m.
The toads, who had moments before been so sure of killing the troublesome long-ears, now croak wildly as they're cut down on two sides. They trip over each other to escape the patrol veterans, pushing each other down to give themselves more of a chance to escape the wrath of the hares. The surviving trainees and other hares seize their chance, surging forward with a yells of, "EULAAALIA!" and, "BLOOD AND VINEGAR!" The remaining toads are trapped between the two groups of hares, being dispatched easily. Oct 18, 2019 at 1:19 a.m.
RW Abbey: Bunk Room Xander exits the Bunk Room.. Oct 18, 2019 at 8:58 p.m.
RW Abbey: Middle Dormitory Xander heads off towards the Staircase.. Oct 18, 2019 at 8:58 p.m.
RW Abbey: Staircase Xander moves off into the Great Hall.. Oct 18, 2019 at 8:58 p.m.
Xander arrives from the Staircase.. Oct 18, 2019 at 8:58 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Recovery Krisha returns to the Main Infirmary... Oct 18, 2019 at 9:58 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Krisha descends the stairs to the open field. Oct 18, 2019 at 9:58 p.m.
Krisha comes down the stairs from the infirmary. Oct 18, 2019 at 9:58 p.m.
RW Abbey: Open Ground Krisha departs for the dormitory. Oct 18, 2019 at 9:58 p.m.
RW Abbey: Lower Dormitory Krisha moves off toward the Elder Dorm Hall. Oct 18, 2019 at 9:58 p.m.
RW Abbey: Elder Hallway Krisha enters the Abbot's chambers. Oct 18, 2019 at 9:58 p.m.
Krisha arrives from the hallway. Oct 18, 2019 at 9:58 p.m.
RW Abbey: Abbot's Chambers Krisha leaves the room. Oct 18, 2019 at 9:59 p.m.
RW Abbey: Elder Hallway Krisha enters the main hallway. Oct 18, 2019 at 9:59 p.m.
RW Abbey: Lower Dormitory Krisha heads out for the Open Ground.. Oct 18, 2019 at 9:59 p.m.
Krisha enter in from the Lower Dormitory.. Oct 18, 2019 at 9:59 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Xander heads outside and into the Abbey Entry.. Oct 18, 2019 at 9:59 p.m.
RW Abbey: Entry Xander departs for the open field. Oct 18, 2019 at 9:59 p.m.
Xander arrives in the open field from in front of the Great Hall. Oct 18, 2019 at 9:59 p.m.
RW Abbey: Open Ground Krisha is in the open ground with the dibbuns letting them jump in a leaf pile that was brought over here slowly.She manages a chuckle as she watches them, they seem happy at least. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:02 p.m.
Xander walks into the open ground and stays off to the side, watching the dibbuns quietly he tilts his head.He has been doing some thinking, a lot of thinking as he takes a deep breath and walks over to Krisha "Krisha..."He waits on a reply before he says anything else. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.
RW Abbey: Bunk Room Cynthia exits the Bunk Room.. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.
RW Abbey: Middle Dormitory Cynthia heads off towards the Staircase.. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.
RW Abbey: Staircase Cynthia moves off into the Great Hall.. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.
Cynthia arrives from the Staircase.. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Cynthia heads outside and into the Abbey Entry.. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.
RW Abbey: Entry Cynthia departs for the open field. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.
Cynthia arrives in the open field from in front of the Great Hall. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.
RW Abbey: Open Ground Cynthia was here mainly to just enjoy the nice day, not hot but also not cold just yet as it was a sort on inbetween"I love athumn time" Oct 18, 2019 at 10:06 p.m.
Krisha smiles "Yeah..."She turns slowly to Xander and after a short bit of quiet nods a simple hello. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:07 p.m.
Xander smiles faintly. "I..wanted to ..talk, if we could..please"He says nothing else just stands there Oct 18, 2019 at 10:09 p.m.
Cynthia waves to the other badger and looks at the badgermother "I can go elsewhere if ya want me too" Oct 18, 2019 at 10:12 p.m.
Krisha shakes her head at the mouse "No need to go.."She smiles "You can help make sure the dibbuns have fun with the pile of leaves"She smiles as the dibbuns are loving the leaves and the pile is fixed and made bigger ever so often. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:13 p.m.
Xander waits quiety for a reply from Krisha, he watches the dibbuns as they play in the leaves and smiles a little again"They are...having fun seems..."A look to Krisha again, he could go elsewhere himself maybe as he did still plan to go to Ferravale a couuple days. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:15 p.m.
Cynthia nods "I can help watch dibbuns."She heads over to them and helps one make a flower chain with clover flowerrs that are still around and chuckles. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:18 p.m.
Krisha nods, she then focues on Xander as she seems to think, she then speaks ":Seems a lot happen and you did well with the ...speech, it was short and quick and then you started to leave...again, why?" Oct 18, 2019 at 10:20 p.m.
Xander frowns, "I..dont know..I ..."Tears go down his face "After hurting Benar I figure it was best I left but ran into John and came back and...the speech" He stood up in front of everyone,got thier attention and has said how he was sprry for his actions, so very very sorry and just quietly left abd headed out.."I guess check on teh tavern, maybe afterwards find..Send..Uncle Oz and Uncle Zee spoke of it a lot and Uncle Zee is bruied in Send. Thunderwing and some eagleas at the time took him...there..."He looks to her "But John talked to me and..I got to thinking a little more and how like....the past is the past and maybe not forget it but learn from it, even with a messed up swiss cheese memory" Oct 18, 2019 at 10:24 p.m.
Cynthia glaces over ay the badgers and then its back to the dibbun watching and why not, she tries out jumping inot the leaf pile. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:26 p.m.
Krisha listens as he talks, she then speaks "This week...has been...rather stressfull but I try to not let it get to me ..too much, ya know..." Oct 18, 2019 at 10:27 p.m.
The champion walks over but slows as she stays off to the side, it seemed important and she would only step in, if she felt she needed to. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:28 p.m.
Xander nods "I....I know, thats my fault mostly and..I'm sorry Krisha and I want to tell Benar sorry also vut he doesnt want to see me and maybe that makes since after wot I did and maybe he is afraid of me and i dont want any one afraid of me, anyone" He sighs as he looks up at the sky Oct 18, 2019 at 10:30 p.m.
Cynthia catches some words as she went after a lone dibbun wanting Mother Krisha, "I'm not afraid of you Xander...your a riend and a friend to a lot of beasts...beasts dont always have good days all the time and it is ok to have a bad day and you like told almost all the abbey at dinner how you were sorry for what happen the one day." Oct 18, 2019 at 10:34 p.m.
Krisha nods "She...has a point, you did but you didnt stay long enough to see reactions," Then she didnt either she went to follow Xander and somehow went the wrong way, but its fine she is back at the abbey and so is he. She then goes to hug him. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:36 p.m.
The Chapion Matilda smiles as she clears her throat"A first step...seeking forgiveness" Oct 18, 2019 at 10:37 p.m.
Xander hugs Krisha as well, he kistens as Matilda speaks now "Still...I want to ...tell Benar sorry, like face to face, not a letter or anything like that and if it should wait then....ok I just, dint want him to fear me or hate me:" Oct 18, 2019 at 10:38 p.m.
Cynthia is not sure what to say as sge stays where she is iff ti the side, some others keep an eye on teh dibbuns. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:39 p.m.
Krisha says, "I don't think Benar hates you dear...I am...unsure of the afraid part.I xan ask"Does she want to though? She lays a paw on Xander's shoulder"Just....relax, you get too stressed at times and its not good, for sure not when you just keep it botted up."" Oct 18, 2019 at 10:43 p.m.
Xander shrugs and an idea "Cynthia? Could you play a soft tune on your lyre maybe?" Oct 18, 2019 at 10:44 p.m.
Cynthia nods as she gets the lyre and starts to play some soft music and even hums a little.Its a slow but a good beat to the music. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:46 p.m.
Krisha blinks and smiles "Why the music, then guess music is noce for calming down..heard medatation helps at times too." Oct 18, 2019 at 10:51 p.m.
Xander smiles as he goes to take Krisha's paw"Dance..please" He then starst to slow dance, course he will let her stop if she doesnt want to dance. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:53 p.m.
"Music is always nice"Matilda smiles as she sits down listening to the soft music and looks over at Xander and Krisha. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:54 p.m.
Cynthia palys the music still, a little more beat is added but not too much, like just the perfect among to still be soft and nice,the dibbuns have stoped jumping in the leaves, well most of them, one is napping beside Cynthia now and a couple still jump up and down on the leaves , though the pile of leaves is slowly being remaid. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:56 p.m.
Cynthia palys the music still, a little more beat is added but not too much, like just the perfect among to still be soft and nice,the dibbuns have stoped jumping in the leaves, well most of them, one is napping beside Cynthia now and a couple still jump up and down on the leaves , though the pile of leaves is slowly being remaid. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:56 p.m.
Krisha smiles, she will dance with Xander and lays her head on his shoulder after a little while just enjoying the morment. Oct 18, 2019 at 10:59 p.m.
Xander iis still good at danceing and it is relaxing as he smiles and even chuckles and its a true smile and he hasnt smiled in a long time. Oct 18, 2019 at 11:01 p.m.
Cynthia smiles, she plays a little more music and then stops.She looks at the dibbuns that are asleep and chuckles a little, a couple seem board of the leaf pile and sit down"We bores."..."We needs snack.." Oct 18, 2019 at 11:03 p.m.
Krisha smiles, she hugs Xander again " Danceing is nice." Oct 18, 2019 at 11:05 p.m.
(mATILDA SMILES AS SHE STAYS WHERE SHE IS AND THEN STANDS UP AS SHE DECIDES TO GO CHECK ON THE Abbot.) Oct 18, 2019 at 11:06 p.m.
Xander smiles "Yea..."He feels relaxed and happy right now, "I remember..learning to dance, guess its something one doesnt forget about and yeah maybe dance again...soon"He shrugs, keeping his smile. Oct 18, 2019 at 11:07 p.m.
Cynthia says, "Well danceing is nice but one cant always dance even though it could be fun, though tiring"She puts away the lyre"I am gonna go find Caleb, aybe do some star gazeing when it gets dark"" Oct 18, 2019 at 11:09 p.m.
Krisha smiles"That's good and its ok if not all your memories come back..we can always make memories" Oct 18, 2019 at 11:10 p.m.
Xander nods as he listens "Yeah..I know and..I like that idea...and the past is..well gone, and cant be changed anyways. Some things I can read of in the logs."He smiles Ffinally decideing to just come to terms with this memory problems and not try and force himself to remember, it was causeing stress anyways. If they return at all, good and if not thats ok as well. Oct 18, 2019 at 11:15 p.m.
Cynthia smiels at the two and hads on inside tha main building Oct 18, 2019 at 11:15 p.m.
The Swamplands The majority of the hares had been taken back to the mountain but with some still missing and with the toads the planning for a rescue mission was underway. Greg had barely stopped in the mountain long enough to report before he'd been back out. They'd set up at the dunes by the edge of the swamp and he was currently standing on top of one of the dunes, watching the marshlands with a frown and waiting for some scouts to report back. Oct 19, 2019 at 3:14 p.m.
Cera has been around to help with any healing needs, she had gotten away, barely gotten away, but got away from the toads "Never wanna bally well see toads again." Another Private, a Mel agrees, he had only escapes and was just found maybe ealier this morning, cause he trips and just played dead as too many toads at the time was between him and the others, he had wandered into camp looking like a mud monster till they quickly ID-ED him as a hare. Oct 19, 2019 at 3:18 p.m.
Gregorian has a list of the missing, he was happy to cross one off and had the scouts do an extra sweep to check for any more hiding out as they search for where the toads are keeping those that were captured. His ear turns to the conversation and his frown deepens though he doesn't take his eyes off the swamp "Yah goin' tah have tah if we're goin' tah get everyone back" Oct 19, 2019 at 3:23 p.m.
Cera turns and gives a nod "Understood sur...but how, like attck in the daytime?" Toads are less active in daylight right? Toads is one thing she didnt read up on, just heard of them and howw they like to keep slaves and sometimes get bored of them and kills them."They couldnt of gotten too far, could they?" Oct 19, 2019 at 3:27 p.m.
Gregorian finally looks at her but it's to shoot a frown her way. He's been extra serious since the attack. A small huff and he looks back to the swamp "Toads, frogs and the like slowest when it's cold. Day is the worst time. Stealth, sneak in, sneak out is the best option tah avoid anothah battle and furthah casualties...but I'm sure the officahs will have their ideas and ordahs tah follow" Oct 19, 2019 at 3:35 p.m.
Cera ears go flat, she nods "I'm..sorry I should read more on things tlike toads and such. Been more concerned with training with my dirk and the exercise drills than reading up on some things like...swamps, reading is sort of boring"Yes she can read she just dislikes it, she rather read something exciting than just facts."Wot will I be needed ta do sur? Oct 19, 2019 at 3:40 p.m.
Gregorian hackles raise and he looks angry when he turns back to her. He's in a mood and apparently easily angered today "Readin' is borin'. Yah excuse for ignorance is that readin' is /borin'/. This purposeful display of ineptitude is wot yah decide tah display tah yah superior officah with the excuse that it's borin'? Yah in the long patrol. Do yah think all there is tah it is swingin' around yah blade and doin' a few sit ups?" Oct 19, 2019 at 3:48 p.m.
Cera takes a deep breath, but she manages to, just barely hold back an urge to yell at the sargeant.She does glare slightly as she listens to him, "I am sure others think it boring too...and training ta fight is important..sur"She shakes her head "I surrived fairly well on me own without...reaading too much, why read anyways?" Oct 19, 2019 at 3:54 p.m.
Gregorian glares back firmly "I don't care wot they, yah or anyone else thinks. If yah told tah read every book in the mountain yah do it. Yah keep on yah back talkin' and I'll have yah doin' just that" Oct 19, 2019 at 3:58 p.m.
Cera rolls her eyes and muttters something about how higher ups are just bossy and rude.She has had a bad couple days so her short temper is starting to show, she did push a fellow private into the mud yesterday while hunting those stones after all. Private Mel has decided to get far, far away to..oh look they may need help cooking what ever that green stuff is today, he is sure its...sort of eatable. Oct 19, 2019 at 4:02 p.m.
Gregorian remembers her actions yesterday and had considered the matter closed but he's rethinking that. He steps over, getting closer as he caught a little bit of that muttering "Do yah want tah repeat that loud enough for everyone tah hear?" he asks, his voice raising. Oct 19, 2019 at 4:06 p.m.
Cera looks up at him as she had started to walk off and sit elsewhere , she folds her arms over her chest seemingly refushing to repeat her words, "Can I..go now..sur?" Oct 19, 2019 at 4:08 p.m.
"I did not tell yah that yah were dismissed" Greg barks out when she started to walk away. He narrows his eyes at her as she folds her arms "How yah have reached private with yah attitude is beyond me but if yah keep this up I'll see tah recommendin' yah be bumped down tah recruit since yah clearly have no concept of followin' ordahs or respect for the chain of command" Oct 19, 2019 at 4:17 p.m.
Cera tenses up a little, "Why are you so bossy and rude.."She then cups a paw over her mouth, it slipped out too late for her to do anything as the ears flatten and she KNOWS she is in trouble as she takes a deep breath "I'm..I'm sorry sur..I didt mean to sur" She got through training yes, it was likely barely as she finished a season after others in her class did, she had good healer skills so maybe that helped, and she has good balnce and quick footpaws to avoid danger, maybe a little work on the dirk but she is fair with that skill and still learning, sling very good..arrows are a no as she might hit a knee or a foot but not much vital on a vermin she would just slow them down, and climbing she is excellent at...tempe?...ummm thats a no, she is not always good at controling it. Oct 19, 2019 at 4:22 p.m.
Gregorian looks even more annoyed but it's her quick backpedaling when she realises she said the wrong thing that keeps him from blowing up "Yah dismissed. Go back tah the mountain, I don't want yah out here" Oct 19, 2019 at 4:39 p.m.
Cera ears stay flat, well at least the y are on the dunes just on the outside of the swamps so its not a bad walk back, she nods and stands up strighter, a salute as she says "Yes sur..right away sur"And then she turns to make her way back slowly, a sigh...this will be such a fun report to make when she is asked why are you back here for. Oct 19, 2019 at 4:42 p.m.
RW Abbey: Bunk Room Keldorn exits the Bunk Room.. Oct 19, 2019 at 5:14 p.m.
RW Abbey: Middle Dormitory Keldorn heads off towards the Staircase.. Oct 19, 2019 at 5:14 p.m.
RW Abbey: Staircase Keldorn moves off into the Great Hall.. Oct 19, 2019 at 5:14 p.m.
Keldorn arrives from the Staircase.. Oct 19, 2019 at 5:14 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Keldorn moves off towards the Cavern Hole.. Oct 19, 2019 at 5:14 p.m.
The Swamplands Gregorian hasn't moved much all day. He's tense and in a bad mood. They've set up a base of operations among the dunes just outside the swampland with just seasoned patrollers, all the recruits were safely back at home. He stands where he has done for the last few hours. On top of one of the dunes, watching the swamps and waiting for news from the scouts. Oct 19, 2019 at 6:31 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Recovery Cota returns to the Main Infirmary... Oct 19, 2019 at 6:32 p.m.
RW Abbey: Infirmary Cota departs for the hallway. Oct 19, 2019 at 6:32 p.m.
RW Abbey: Middle Dormitory Cota heads off towards the Staircase.. Oct 19, 2019 at 6:32 p.m.
RW Abbey: Staircase Cota moves off into the Great Hall.. Oct 19, 2019 at 6:32 p.m.
Cota arrives from the Staircase.. Oct 19, 2019 at 6:32 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Cota heads outside and into the Abbey Entry.. Oct 19, 2019 at 6:32 p.m.
The Swamplands (A corporal is using his spear to aid him in standing, though he's doing better than usual. Terrence's face is still bruised, but he is alert and ready, looking out towards the swamp lands. He's a bit wary of the sergeant and his bad mood, but he's in a bit of one himself - the loss of many of the recruits has sunken in, and the hare is worried that the worst might befall them.) Oct 19, 2019 at 6:35 p.m.
"Starin' out at th' dunes won't make th' scouts return any fastah, wot." Varus joins the other two hares standing on the dune. "They'll be back when they get back. As f'r you, Corporal, y' shouldn't be standin' so long in yahr condition..." Oct 19, 2019 at 6:38 p.m.
Gregorian is thinking and dwelling on it. It was his idea so naturally he considers it his fault and the report he submitted before immediately returning to the area claimed responsibility even if they didn't know the full extent of what happened to set everything off yet. He doesn't respond to Terrence's presence at first but Varus' voice makes him turn and his normally relaxed salute is sharp today "Sah!" there's a pause as he frowns "There doesn't appear tah be anythin' else tah do but stand guard and wait sah" Oct 19, 2019 at 6:43 p.m.
With a meek laugh following a salute, Terrence nods. "I know that, sah, but I'm doing fine, well, as fine as I can be!" The hare turns to the major, looking at him instead of the swamp. "And I feel like if I were to sit I'd just get sand in places I'd rather not, wot." Dipping his head to Gregory, he adds, "And like Sarge says, we don't have much else to do, wot, sah." Oct 19, 2019 at 6:47 p.m.
Varus shields his eyes with a paw as he peers out. "'Ow long 'ave th' scouts been gone, Greg?" He shakes his head. "I suppose yahr right, though. Jus' th' thought o' our 'ares bein' in th' clutches o' those foul slimy beasts..." Oct 19, 2019 at 6:54 p.m.
Gregorian sighs heavily at the question and starts looking back to the swamp again "A couple of hours. They had a runnah check in about lunch time though. They know where the toad's village is but not where they're keepin' everyone..." he says before muttering "Assumin' they're even still alive" as his shoulders sink with a quieter sigh. Oct 19, 2019 at 7:02 p.m.
Watching his superiors interact, Terrence gives a sideways glance to the sergeant. "Sah, I'd have some faith in some of them, at least. I doubt Private Dominik or Corporal Felicity would get themselves killed. Though I don't know about the others, wot..." He leans on his spear, gazing back out at the marshlands. "If I may be so bold to ask, Sahs, why did the blasted toads capture beasts instead of just slaying us?" Oct 19, 2019 at 7:08 p.m.
RW Abbey: Bunk Room John goes Idle. Oct 19, 2019 at 7:11 p.m.
The Swamplands Varus harrumps. "Dominik bettah not be dead, or I'll kill 'im mahself. 'E's mah best brawlah, wot." He turns to regard Terrence. "An astute question, Corporal. Toads are savage. They don't always take prisonahs, but wh'n they do... Well..." Oct 19, 2019 at 7:14 p.m.
RW Abbey: Bunk Room Xander exits the Bunk Room.. Oct 19, 2019 at 7:18 p.m.
RW Abbey: Middle Dormitory Xander heads off towards the Staircase.. Oct 19, 2019 at 7:18 p.m.
RW Abbey: Staircase Xander moves off into the Great Hall.. Oct 19, 2019 at 7:18 p.m.
Xander arrives from the Staircase.. Oct 19, 2019 at 7:18 p.m.
RW Abbey: Great Hall Xander heads outside and into the Abbey Entry.. Oct 19, 2019 at 7:18 p.m.
RW Abbey: Entry Xander climbs up the stairs to the ramparts. Oct 19, 2019 at 7:18 p.m.
RW Abbey: Main Gate From RW Abbey: Western Rampart, Xander has arrived. Oct 19, 2019 at 7:18 p.m.
RW Abbey: South Walltop Xander heads to the east wall. Oct 19, 2019 at 7:18 p.m.
The Swamplands Gregorian takes a deep breath and tries not to continue with the thought of everyone being dead or he at least tries not to keep voicing those thoughts "I doubt anyone has evah got close enough tah a frog tah figure out why they do anythin'. Might be like vermin and they want slaves or somethin'" Oct 19, 2019 at 7:21 p.m.
"I see..." Terrence looks down at his feet, shifting them restlessly. "That wouldn't be surprising, sah, the lot being like vermin. I daresay the toads and whatnot wanting slaves might be better for those captured than the alternatives, wot." Oct 19, 2019 at 7:24 p.m.
Varus harrumps again. "Back when I was yahr age, Terrence, I was a Corporal, too. An' I was a 'othead." He grimaces. "I was 'ead of a small scoutin' expedition. We stumbled across a group o' toads... We coulda been bloody well massacred, wot! But... I managed ta get my troops out wi' only one casualty... But I have nevah, t' this day, forgotten th' toads' brutality, wot..." Oct 19, 2019 at 7:28 p.m.
Gregorian's frown returns and deepens "The toads weren't suppose tah be there. It wasn't even near their village. No one saw them get out tah the woods...it should have been safe" he complains. He's still not sure what went wrong, he'd thought he had everything under control. Oct 19, 2019 at 7:36 p.m.
"Well, sah, doesn't change the fact that they were there." Terrence shrugs, looking back at the two officers. "There's no plan that survives the first contact, wot. Just so happens we've had bad luck the past few days, eh?" Oct 19, 2019 at 7:41 p.m.
Varus glances over at the Sergeant. "Greg... Nobeast blames y' f'r this. I certainly don't... Neithah does Lord Ciocan. Yahr one o' th' most respected officahs in th' mountain, wot." His demeanor lacks its usual hardened, gruff edge. He respects Gregorian almost more than any other hare in the Patrol, despite outranking him. "Don't be so 'ard on yahself, alright? That's an ordah..." Oct 19, 2019 at 7:44 p.m.
Gregorian continues to frown but he doesn't argue. After all, it was an order. A little huff and he looks back at the swamp again "We just have tah get them back" Oct 19, 2019 at 7:50 p.m.
Terrence gives a smile at that, his left canine tooth missing. "Won't find any disagreement with that here, sarge, wot!" He shifts the spear, readjusting his weight. "Though how many toads do you think there are, sahs? Or do we know if they're more active during the day or the night?" Oct 19, 2019 at 7:56 p.m.
Varus shrugs his shoulders and sighs. "I'm not th' biggest expert on toads, I'm afraid... There *are* likely t' be dozens, though. Not a force t' be undahestimated..." Oct 19, 2019 at 7:59 p.m.
Gregorian brushed up on whatever knowledge they had on the swamps and their inhabitants before the whole thing so it's fresh in his mind "It's hard tah know exact numbahs at any one time but the scouts are doin' a count so we should have a good idea when they return. The toads don't tend tah like the cold, yah don't see them out of their village in the wintah time...at least that was plan. I don't think a direct offensive is likely tah be a good ideah eithah way" Oct 19, 2019 at 8:06 p.m.
The corporal taps his spear. "Suppose not, sah. I imagine if we did that they might just go ahead and kill their captives, if they haven't, well..." Terrence trails off, biting his lip. "So when are we expecting the scouts back, then?" Oct 19, 2019 at 8:10 p.m.
Varus shades his eyes again. "Before dahk, most likely..." Oct 19, 2019 at 8:11 p.m.
Gregorian nods once as Varus answers the question about the scouts "If they're not back by then we have more problems" he grumbles. He finally glances over to Terrence "If we can sneak a for in, break them out and scarpah that would be ideal...though if yah don't mind me sayin' so yah look like yah could barely make the walk. Are the healahs goin' soft?" Oct 19, 2019 at 8:18 p.m.
"Now that I think about it," Terrence starts almost absentmindedly, rubbing his chin with a wince, "I think I've read somewhere that toads are more nocturnal, I believe, and they like the rain, wot." The corporal sits down on the top of the dune, facing the major and sergeant. "I think if we can get a dry day we could manage it, sah. And I'll be fine soon enough, sarge! It's only flesh wounds, these are, wot!" He pulls himself upwards with his spear to stand on his two feet to prove his point, though the hare does wobble ever so slightly. "See, nearly perfectly fit as a fiddle, sah!" Oct 19, 2019 at 8:22 p.m.
Cera heads off. Oct 19, 2019 at 8:28 p.m.
Western Shore Cera travels southward and is soon hidden from view. Oct 19, 2019 at 8:28 p.m.
Cera heads of on a long journey downshore. Oct 19, 2019 at 8:28 p.m.
Cera turns around and continues downshore. Oct 19, 2019 at 8:28 p.m.
Cera turns and heads between the sea and the mountain. Oct 19, 2019 at 8:28 p.m.
Salamandastron: Entryway Cera follows the passageway into the mountain. Oct 19, 2019 at 8:29 p.m.
Salamandastron: Passage Cera follows the passage further into the mountain. Oct 19, 2019 at 8:29 p.m.
Salamandastron: Level One Cera follows the passage leading up to the Second Level. Oct 19, 2019 at 8:29 p.m.
Salamandastron: Common Area Cera says, "" Oct 19, 2019 at 8:29 p.m.
The Swamplands It had taken a few hours after being dragged back to the toads' village before Dom had even begun to stir; the large hare had taken a beating that more than likely would have slain any beast smaller and weaker than him, and so when his eyelids finally stir then gradually open, he finds himself staring at what appear to be....bars...of some sort? Wooden bars, as if forming some type of...cage? Huh. It takes the hare a few groggy moments to begin to recall what had happened the previous day, and the reason why he is in the spot he is in. Lifting his head gingerly, his expression a confused one at first, it shifts into a pained one as the ache in his skull begins to pound. He rests his cheek back down on the ground again after a moment, his face a mess of dried blood and bruises, lumps dotting the space between his ears, and the back of his head as well. He appears to be alone, his comrades more than likely stashed away in a separate location, though he is slightly aware of being watched from outside the Oct 19, 2019 at 8:37 p.m.
cage. By many, many pairs of eyes. Creepy, toady eyes. Oct 19, 2019 at 8:37 p.m.
Varus eyes Terrence. "Ah, Greg, I made th' decision ta allow 'im t' come along, wot..." Oct 19, 2019 at 8:45 p.m.
Gregorian frowns thoughtfully at Terrence's words "Hm. I read of the cold part but I don't recall it mentionin' nocturnal...perhaps there was a second book" he keeps thinking as he watches Terrence's demonstration and he doesn't look entirely convinced but he nods at Varus anyway "If yah think that's wise sah" Oct 19, 2019 at 8:49 p.m.
/CROAK/, came a noise from nearby. It seems not all the pairs of eyes are outside the cage, with one large toad, a sickly pale color, standing on the other side of the pen. It croaks again, standing as if its about to launch itself at the big hare. The other toads are making noises themselves, though they are most hushed, waiting in anticipation. "Glurg?" The pale toad beats his belly with a fist, before roaring, "Glag!" Those watching break out in a chorus of croaking, jumping up and down wildly as they begin chanting, "GLAG-GLAG-GLAG!" The big toad leaps at the private with spittle foaming from his mouth, brining its' impressive webbed fists to bare. Oct 19, 2019 at 8:49 p.m.
Meanwhile, across the marshland, the corporal nods thankfully at the major. "Yes, thank you for that, sah." Terrence has stopped relying on the spear to stand by now, though he still favors his left leg over his right. Oct 19, 2019 at 8:49 p.m.
Dominik at least had enough wherewithall to roll in the opposite direction as he senses the bloated form leaping into the air and down towards him. He manages to roll away just in time before the pale toad crashes down right where he'd been lying a moment before. Knowing he is in danger, though not completely aware of exactly the reasoning behind it, the large hare manages to push himself halfway back up to his footpaws. Staggering, he uses the cage bars to tug himself upright, finally reaching his footpaws, where he sways dizzily once his eyes open again. He stares at the toad through half-lidded, swollen eyes, just hanging there on the cage for a few moments as his mind works swiftly to figure out what's going in. "...erg..." Oct 19, 2019 at 8:58 p.m.
Varus's long ears perk. He can swear he hears the distant croaking growing suddenly louder. "Mmm, call it a lapse in judgement, per'aps," he says to Greg. "I find I like this lad, though. Reminds me o' mahself at 'is age..." Oct 19, 2019 at 9 p.m.
Gregorian's ears perk too and twitch a little as he tries to decide if he hears something "Mm" he agrees with Varus "Wealth of knowledge...as yah'd expect from a hare who spends time in the library" he watches the swamp closely though everything appears to be normal "I had tah send Cera home by the by. She appeared tah be havin' issues with listenin' tah officahs" best to keep the higher ups informed. Oct 19, 2019 at 9:17 p.m.
"Erg? Erg?! ERG!" The toads seem to find that word hilarious, and many are soon jeering it at the hare, while others still chant, "GLAG!" But some toads are screaming out, "ERG, ERG!" as if they're rooting for the hare! The big pale toad, for its part, slaps its big bloated belly again, croaking out almost questioningly, "Erg blog?" Before throwing back its ugly head and opening its massive mouth, "BlOG-GLURG, ERG GLAG!" With that, the toad tosses itself at Dominik, its intending to crush him with its considerable weight. Oct 19, 2019 at 9:18 p.m.
Terrence casts his gaze down at the major's words, not sure how to respond to the compliment beyond a muttered, "Er, thank you, sah." However, to the sergeant, the corporal responds, "It was in an old report, I think, wot. Written before I was born, Sah! If there's a day that's both particularly cold and dry, perhaps that would be a good time to start from, eh? Of course, once we know where they all are, that is. As for that Cera, she was trouble even before we set off on the exercise - pushed a fellow private, she did, wot! Bad form." Oct 19, 2019 at 9:18 p.m.
Varus quirks a brow. He has to think about the name Cera. Is she in his Patrol? So many names and faces to keep track of. "Wot ho, bad form, wot... Somebeast'll give 'er a propah dressin' down, though..." Oct 19, 2019 at 9:25 p.m.
Dominik seemingly doesn't have all that much time to regain his bearings, as that strange toad he finds himself trapped with flings itself right at him again. He takes a couple of staggering steps to the side, moving just in time as the toad smashes into the bars instead of hare-body. Dizziness still quite prevalent within his skull, his vision blurs and fizzes, still trying to focus on one particular thing so he can get a bead on his surroundings. He stumbles forward a few more steps, trying to get a good distance away from his attacker so that he can steady his footpaws. Wasn't the first time he'd had to fight while battered and bruised...in the North, it was simply how they would train. His ears perk up as he hears the word he had uttered in confusion being shouted and cheered back at him. What a strange place, indeed. Reaching up a hefty paw to rub at his eyes, Dom gives a shake of his head, before slowly lifting his gaze to settle upon the toad. He steadies his stance now, his nose and whiskers twitching a Oct 19, 2019 at 9:26 p.m.
time or two. "Erg," he repeats, his voice low and hoarse, though it still possesses that booming quality. It's almost as if it's his way of saying 'bring it on'. Oct 19, 2019 at 9:26 p.m.
Gregorian raises an eyebrow at Terrence "Hrm, no wondah I didn't read that. It's near enough impossible tah find anythin' specific in the old reports, I hadn't even tried" he nods at the bit about Cera pushing the other patroller "Yes. Thank you for handlin' that. I believe she was away for some time, injured aftah the Redwall incident but apparently though I am bossy and mean and readin' is borin' so wot's the point?" he wrinkles his nose "I'm not prepared tah deal with that out here tahday" Oct 19, 2019 at 9:32 p.m.
The toad is too preoccupied with the ringing in its head after smacking the bars to follow up the attack. As it groans, the others are cheering and jeering towards their brethren, now, with croaks of, "ERG BLAG!" And, "ERG GlO-BLOG! ERG GLO-BLOG!" The pale toad finally recovers, turning with a slight wobble towards the hare. It glares daggers at him, letting out low, deep croak. "Erg-log-esh. Blog glo-/erg/." It taps itself on its chest again then points to the hare, suddenly screaming again, "BLOG GLO-ERG, BLOG GLO-ERG!" The crowd fall silent at the shout, watching intently as the big toad starts to circle the private. Oct 19, 2019 at 9:38 p.m.
"Yes, well, was no problem, sah." Terrence replies, rolling his shoulder. "And if I were you, I'd rather not have beasts like that out here, either. She could get herself, or, worse, someone else killed behaving like that, wot." Oct 19, 2019 at 9:40 p.m.
The toad is too preoccupied with the ringing in its head after smacking the bars to follow up the attack. As it groans, the others are cheering and jeering towards their brethren, now, with croaks of, "ERG BLAG!" And, "ERG GlO-BLOG! ERG GLO-BLOG!" The pale toad finally recovers, turning with a slight wobble towards the hare. It glares daggers at him, letting out low, deep croak. "Erg-log-esh. Blog glo-/erg/." It taps itself on its chest again then points to the hare, suddenly screaming again, "BLOG GLO-ERG, BLOG GLO-ERG!" The crowd fall silent at the shout, watching intently as the big toad starts to circle the private. (Repose) Oct 19, 2019 at 9:41 p.m.
Dominik had only really needed those few extra moments when the toad brained himself on the bars to get back enough awareness to realize that this is indeed a fight. Not really sure as to why, it doesn't really seem to matter to the towering hare the more he thinks it over. A fight's a fight, and fighting is what he loved to do the most. As the toad begins to circle, Dom does as well, in the opposite direction. He is measuring up his opponent as much as he is able with his limited vision, and he can already spot a weakness or two. Dom smirks at the shout, his voice rumbling low in stark contrast to the display put on by the pale toad, "...blubguts is loud, yes, but...loud...is not veapon." Biding his time, Dom continues to circle, giving the toad the opportunity to attack first. Oct 19, 2019 at 9:47 p.m.
Varus frowns. "Cera 'as been actin' erratically since th' disastrous mission t' Mossflowah... She may need counsellin', wot..." Oct 19, 2019 at 10:03 p.m.
Gregorian hrms "Well that's a job for the healahs and the mountain. Not for the heat of battle. We have enough tah deal with out here...Do yah hear the toads now? They're soundin' a bit uppity" if only he had any idea what was currently going on over there. Oct 19, 2019 at 10:09 p.m.
The corporal nods, slowly. "Hmm... Seems like that mission keeps coming back to bite us, wot." Terrence moves to rest one leg up atop the dune, looking out towards were sound could be heard faintly, ears up and perked as he listens. "I think so, sarge. Wonder what's up with them, eh? Though," he adds, after a moment or so, "If I might say so, Sah, I think she should be removed from active duty until it's all sorted out, wot. If Cera were to push a fellow patroller while in a battle, let's say, the result could be a small disaster on its own, wot wot." Oct 19, 2019 at 10:10 p.m.
"Blub-gah, loug...Ag-gon?" Some toads chitter to each other, confused by the words. The pale toad simply roars again, snapping its head down and charging full force at Dominik without really looking, disregarding its own safety. "GLURG-GLURG-GLURG!" The onlookers are working themselves back into a frenzy, especially now that the big hare looks ready to give a fight. "ERG! ERG! ERG!" Some chant, cheering the private onward. Oct 19, 2019 at 10:11 p.m.
Dominik is almost taken aback by how downright easy this is as the toad lowers his head and blindly charges towards him. Even with limited vision, the large hare can see him coming a mile away. It was his first mistake thinking Dom was simply like any other hare, and that mistake would likely cost him in a matter of moments. Almost nonchalantly, Dom steps to the side to avoid the reckless charge, and once the toad rumbles past him, he aims a solid kick towards the toad's backside, putting his full force behind it to try and send him flying facefirst into the ground. Or perhaps even right into the cage. Even an injured Dom is more than a match for a toad, and it is quickly beginning to become evident. Dom tries to avoid the reaction from the crowd, though he cannot help but find it amusing that some appear to be on his side? Weird. Oct 19, 2019 at 10:17 p.m.
Varus peers out over the dunes. "Their king probably found 'imself a perfectly loathsome female t' be 'is mate or somethin'," he replies to Terrence. "I believe those *may be* Toad matin' croaks... Like I said, perfectly loathsome." Oct 19, 2019 at 10:39 p.m.
Varus peers out over the dunes. "Their king probably found 'imself a perfectly loathsome female t' be 'is mate or somethin'," he replies to Terrence. "I believe those *may be* Toad matin' croaks... Like I said, perfectly loathsome." The Major doesn't bother to mention how he has any idea what toad mating croaks would sound like. Oct 19, 2019 at 10:40 p.m.
Gregorian frowns at what sounds like chanting "Wotevah they're doin' I'm sure it's not good, we need tah get them out of there soon" his nose wrinkles sharply at Varus' words "Thank yah majah for that thought. I'll be picturin' frogs slow dancin' tahgethah in my nightmares from now on" Oct 19, 2019 at 10:46 p.m.
"/Oh!/" The corporal looks green for a moment, his ears shooting down. "Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear..." Oct 19, 2019 at 10:54 p.m.
With a shake of his head, Terrence looks back up, a disgusted look on his face. "Do they really do that now? Ugh..." He shudders. Oct 19, 2019 at 10:54 p.m.
(A loud /crack/ rings out as the toad strikes the wooden bars at full force, slumping to the muddy ground below. Whether the sound was from the now bent wood or the large toad is yet to be determined. The crowd of spectators are absolutely silent for a beat, before erupting into cheers of, "ERG, ERG, ERG!" However, not every toad is cheering. Many morosely turn away from the cage, their faces dark, while others just stare in shock and horror at the fallen toad, who was groaning slightly. An exchange of food seems to be taking place, with those who supported the toad handing the those supporting the hare berries and bark, with a few dead bugs here and there. But- the fight's not over, not yet, at least. The pale, grotesque toad manages to stir, pulling itself up by the now crooked bars with a moan. Drool and slime pour from him as he turns hate filled eyes towards Dominik, and those so upset before come rushing back. "Blog! BLOG! /BLOG!/" a chant slowly starts up again, with all eyes now on the two creature) Oct 19, 2019 at 10:55 p.m.
Varus nods solemnly. "Aye, they do, Son. Best not t' dwell on it... The scouts'll be back soon, though, then we c'n make our move..." Oct 19, 2019 at 10:57 p.m.
Gregorian gestures suddenly at Terrence as he looks at Varus "See?! Yah broke the corporal!" he pinches the bridge of his nose "Ug, I can't stop thinkin' about it. I'm going tah go and write a note back tah the mountain about Cera. Let me know if there's any news but for the love of keepin' my stomach down lets nevah talk about that again" Oct 19, 2019 at 11:02 p.m.
Dominik counted on the toad not being completely finished by the headfirst dive into the bars, and so by the time the pale toad manages to stagger back up to his hideous webbed feet, the large hare is already right on him. More than likely too bad for those who rushed back thinking this in any way would be a contest, Dom uses those rough, hefty paws the way he had been taught, thudding them in a flurry into the toad's face with heavy, clubbing blows, aiming right for the eyes. He then aims a shot or two at the wide, pale belly, his full force put behind each of the punches. The hare means business, and woe be to anyone who happened to be in his way at this point in time. Namely, that poor toad. Not caring if the toad falls, Dom continues his onslaught, paws beating down and raining blows upon the unfortunate creature. He makes no sound while doing it, his eyes narrowed and fixed down on the toad, his ears perked and wiggling...the only sound is the sound of his paws thudding into toadflesh over and over. Oct 19, 2019 at 11:07 p.m.
The big toad is out by the second punch. By the time the hare hits its stomach and the toad violently regurgitates its last meal, with half of those watching are very quiet, except for those laughing at the misfortune of their fellows. "ERG, ERG, ERG, ERG!" The chant grows and grows, continuing as the poor toad is pummeled into a blubbering mess of pale flesh and yellowish slime. Its twitching now, having stopped major movements by the seventh hit. Many toads who had expect another round of fighting turn away, almost as if they couldn't watch the horror anymore. A strong, repugnant smell rises from the pale toad, as well as sicking squishing sounds each time Dominik's paws connect with what is left of it. Oct 19, 2019 at 11:16 p.m.
"Have fun with that, Sarge!" The corporal, who is mostly recovered from the mental image, calls after Gregory as he leaves. "I don't intend to dwell on it, sah! Not on my life, wot!" Terrence, while ignoring the wild noises from the marsh, does look in the direction. "Though...don't they do /that/ in the spring, after they wake up after the winter, wot?" Oct 19, 2019 at 11:21 p.m.
Varus rubs his chin. "Hrm. Y' make a good point, Lad. Greg's right, yahr quite well-read. A well-patrollah will go fahr, I always say. Still, those noises are... Curious. It would be prudent t' remain 'ere, but 'm growin' concerned..." Oct 19, 2019 at 11:25 p.m.
Dominik is quickly becoming covered in that yellowish slime the more he pummels the poor toad, and once that initial surge of anger passes, the large hare's punches slow until they finally stop. Breathing heavily, Dom raises himself back up to his full height, before reaching down and grabbing what was left of the pale toad in his large paw. Jerking it upright in a swift movement, Dom holds the dripping, stinking mess of toadflesh aloft, making a slow turn to show -everyone- what exactly he is capable of if they try him. "ERG!" he barks, his voice booming throughout the swamps, echoing ominously. Approaching the bars that had been dented by the toad's initial collision, Dom shoves his arm through the wider space made there, shoving the toad through and dropping the carcass outside his cage for all to stare at, before he turns and trudges back to the corner of the cell. He crouches there, swollen eyes staring out into the crowd with an icy gaze. Oct 19, 2019 at 11:25 p.m.
"ERG, ERG, ERG!" The toads echo the hare, before shouting as one, "ERG-GLOG, ERG-GLOG!" Several point to their to open mouths, seemingly wanting the private to devour his fallen opponent. The blob that is the toad is unmoving with the creature's head dangling at an unnatural angle. The toads who catch the stare are unfazed, instead chanting with all the more vigor, "ERG-GLOG BLOG, ERG-GLOG BLOG!" They are louder than ever, screaming out in croaky voice and jumping up and down, while food is passed between those who supported the hare and those who didn't. Oct 19, 2019 at 11:34 p.m.
Terrence ears shoot up at the increase of sound despite his best efforts, and he spare a glance towards the major. "Well, thank you, sah. As am I... They sound almost excited, wot!" Oct 19, 2019 at 11:36 p.m.
Dominik stares out at the chanting toads, it taking a few moments for the hare to realize what the toads are implying. The pointing-to-their-open-mouths thing is a major clue, however, and Dom sloooowly rises back up to his footpaws. He stumps slowly over towards the spot where he had dropped the deceased toad, the large hare staring down at it for a long while, his brain whirring as he tries to figure out how best to handle this. Finally, he crouches down, reaching a paw out to sink his paw into the yellowish slime coating the dead toad. Rising again, he smears it first down over one eye, and then the other, making identical marks...a grotesque type of facepaint, it seems. He then reaches out through the bars, attempting to grab the nearest toad who happened to stray too close... Oct 19, 2019 at 11:39 p.m.
The toads closest to the bars leap back, still chanting - others are confused, however, staring at what is to them a mad beast wasting food to paint his face... Soon the chanting dies out, though some nervously continue, "Erg, erg, erg..." before all falls quiet. However, one toad isn't fast enough, and starts croaking wildly in terror as the slimy paw grabs it. "ERG-DAL, ERG DAL!!" It shrieks out, doing its best to wiggle free. "ECK ECK!" Oct 19, 2019 at 11:45 p.m.
Varus harrumps. He squints. He thinks he can see one of the scouts off in the distance. Perhaps this may be an excuse to get some action. "Well, Corporal... Per'aps I shouldn't inflate yahr ego so much." He eyes the younger buck. Oct 19, 2019 at 11:46 p.m.
"Perhaps, sah," Terrence replies cheekily, "But you might not hear me complaining, wot." The corporal catches sight of the scout as well, "Though, in all seriousness, sah, I'll be careful not to let it go to my head, wot. Words are only words, wot. No offense, of course, sah!" Oct 19, 2019 at 11:49 p.m.
Dominik's muzzle creases into what can be best described as a sadistic grin, as he realizes he managed to snag one of the toads! It was a 50/50 shot either way. Fishing for toads was a success! His paw grips the toad in a firm, unbreakable grip, leering down at him. He had known what he was planning on doing the second he heard the toads chanting and pointing to their mouths, and so he draws the toad close to the bars forcefully. Slamming him a couple of times into the bars to daze him, Dom then leans his head down and sinks those massive teeth right into the side of the toad's neck. He jerks his head back with a strong motion, ripping backwards, more than likely trying to take half his neck with him, before finally releasing the poor unfortunate creature. Oct 19, 2019 at 11:51 p.m.
Varus laughs, in spite of himself. "I's say yahr incorrigible, Corporal, but that'd be entirely untrue." The old veteran turns away for a moment, gets lost in his thoughts. He wishes Adrian were more like Terrence, at least as far as putting up with the Major's company. But they barely get along. Shaking his head, he sighs, then waves his paw in the direction of the scout, who returns the gesture. The hare is making good time, and two others can be seen not far behind. "Looks like we'll soon learn wot's got th' bloody toads so excited..." Oct 19, 2019 at 11:56 p.m.
Ears perked up, Terrence watches the scout coming expectingly. "Well, thank you, again, Sah." The corporal says with a slight grin, "And I daresay its about time. Something to distracts from the toad sounds, wot!" He lifts his spear, adding to Varus' efforts to wave over the scout. Oct 20, 2019 at 12:01 a.m.
The scream from the dying toad falls on deaf ears. The rest are stunned into silence, staring with wide eyes and opened mouths at the hare who seemingly is eating their kin, still writhing in Dominik's grip. A bystander croaks out, "Glog?" Others answer, "GLOG-GLOG!" They throw back their heads and cackle, starting up yet another chant even as the toad, now missing a chunk of his neck, gurgles and whimpers. "ERG-GLOG, ERG-GLOG!" Oct 20, 2019 at 12:01 a.m.
Dominik doesn't exactly end up eating that chunk of toadflesh he had ripped from the unfortunate victim's neck. What, how savage do you think he is??? Sheesh! Spitting it back out at the toads gathered nearest the cage, Dom gives the dying toad a hefty boot through the bars, knocking him away. He points down at the toad, before pointing a yellow stained paw up at the gathering. His expression is steely, cold, and rather frightening to behold, especially with the toadblood staining his features. "Erg." he replies simply, his voice low and just as icy as his gaze. He once again turns and limps back to his spot at the back of the cage, crouching there once again. Oct 20, 2019 at 12:06 a.m.
As the first scout nears where Varus and Terrence are standing, he throws a hasty salute. "Major Varus, Sah. We bring news." The Major nods. "Gi' yahr report, Private Benjamin." Oct 20, 2019 at 12:10 a.m.
Terrence is remains quiet, waiting intently to hear what they'll say. He shifts one one foot to the other. Oct 20, 2019 at 12:11 a.m.
The toad back hastily away, letting out a sickly, /Croak/. The rest of the toads, confused as the hare spits and tosses his prey away, stare at him. Then, as they hear what they say, a few chortles can be heard. "Erg, BLOG-EG!" Some shout, before they leap on their injured comrade, tearing into him. They aren't eating the squealing toad, however, instead opting for biting and spiting out its flesh. From the mass of toads the same repugnant stench as the pale body next Dominik arises. Oct 20, 2019 at 12:15 a.m.
Hidden Cavern Of Blackrose Vilfred goes Private. Oct 20, 2019 at 12:16 a.m.
The Swamplands Dominik really doesn't seem to mind it in the least as the toads all leap onto the injured toad and begin tearing him to pieces. As a matter of fact, he simply sits back and watches with that cold and impassive gaze. Let them take each other out. It'd leave less for his comrades to have to deal with once they decided to make their appearances. After awhile, that little, sadistic grin begins to creep back upon his muzzle. It is a side of Dom that likely hadn't been seen before, and more than likely would only be brought out when absolutely necessary. Slumping down onto his bottom eventually, the injured and exhausted hare's head droops, eyes closing as the various aches and pains begin to show themselves all throughout his body. Once that adrenaline wears off, man...ouch. Oct 20, 2019 at 12:20 a.m.
Private Benjamin salutes again. "Sah. Th' warty blaggahds 'ave sev'ral prisonahs. We saw Felicity 'n' Zolomon. We think Dominik is bein' kept inna biggah cage by 'imself, but we didn't directly see 'im, Sah. Th' toads seem t' be conductin' some strange ritual, though. Even th' guahds f'r the prisonahs were takin' part... It...may be a sacrifice, Sah." Varus grimaces with distaste at that word. Oct 20, 2019 at 12:20 a.m.
The corporal raises an eyebrow as he looks at the major, "Well, that's blood good news, wot! Some ours are alive... Though..." Terrence stops, hearing the shrieking croaks in the distance. "A sacrifice? Bad business..." Oct 20, 2019 at 12:24 a.m.
Indeed, one might say a sacrifice is taking place. The toads, having thoroughly ripped their comrade apart, part, leaving the body parts and little pieces of gore scattered on the ground. From behind them, a toad, smaller than others, comes barring a wooden platter with several large, fat worms on it, before depositing it within the hare's reach. "Erg-Glog, Erg-glog." Every toad begins to mutter amongst themselves, waiting to see what the big hare will do to the worms and small toad. Oct 20, 2019 at 12:27 a.m.
Varus harrumps. "Well, that does explain their agitation, wot. I 'ah heard seasons ago that frogs 'n' toads... Even lizahds, too, sometime conduct sacrifices of woodland creatures... I doubt they'd succeed at tying down Private Dominik, though... I don't want t' even think who it could be..." He frowns sharply. Oct 20, 2019 at 12:31 a.m.
At this point in time, Dom's energy has begun to dissipate, sapped by his fight and subsequent activities afterwards. Head drooping further, the large hare eventually begins to slooowly list to the side, before he finally slumps down to the ground. His vision goes black like a television being turned off, and soon enough he falls into unconsciousness, the plate of worms and small toad not even looked at or acknowledged as he lies there sprawled out on his side. Oct 20, 2019 at 12:32 a.m.
The small toad sits by the cage for some time, even as the majority leave once its clear nothing will happen. Some remain, hopeful 'Erg' will do some, anything, but they end up waiting for hours. The disappointed croaks of the bystanders is load, though it soon fades away. Their show ended, they go back to doing whatever toads do with free time when not watching fights. Oct 20, 2019 at 12:36 a.m.
The other two scouts eventually catch up, as well, and Varus directs the three back to the makeshift camp. Tonight, a plan of attack and rescue will be formulated. Tomorrow? Anything could happen. Oct 20, 2019 at 12:45 a.m.
Per page: 100 150 200 500