Redwall Logs

Download Log
RW Abbey: Tiny Plot Room Ciocan looks over the hares gathered to go and clears his thoat" We go to find the slavers that have taken dibbuns as well as taken a couple others.The jorney will be long.If calcaulations are correct..4 weeks to get thar to this island the slavers head to, the sea she can be calm but at times also deadly so be prepared for that as I know some of you have not been ta sea before, but some of you have." He nods to a hare beside him and smiles takeing a bottle they use for nameing ships"I have also named this she, she is The Ship Of Valour!" Thus the ship is named"So..all may now board her" Jun 18, 2020 at 5:50 p.m.
Rufus gets beside the badger and nods "Ya ya..Rufus is here to help Bunny Lord, what need Rufus do?" He wont stay on the ship all the time, he will fly around some too when needed or if he sees a fish he wants.But it looks like they have a sea gull coming along as well. Jun 18, 2020 at 5:52 p.m.
Varus hugs his wife again, gives her another kiss, and smiles ruefully. "It's time I set off, mah deah." He goes to board the ship, and gives Ciocan a smart salute. "Sah." Jun 18, 2020 at 5:59 p.m.
Keldorn gets on board with his fellow shrew Oswald, he also nods to the 3 shrews from ealier that are old friends from Halyard , the shrews will likely stay close and chat alot, hopefully not argue too much on the trip. Jun 18, 2020 at 6 p.m.
Donica salutes the badger and boards the ship along with the small group of healers she is to stay close to and listen to while on the ship. Jun 18, 2020 at 6:02 p.m.
Matilda goes on, a nod and makes a double check Caleb and Dorarose are with her and gets on board ready to go.A deep breath, this jorney is about to begin and she hopes it goes well and the dibbuns are found and brought back safe. Jun 18, 2020 at 6:04 p.m.
Gregorian stands up straighter as Coican starts his speech. Possibly eight weeks until he'd be home again. He hadn't been away for so long in years. Some things were important though. As soon as the order to board is given he signals to the hares on the dock "Yah heard him, all aboard tah teach some slavahs wot Hellsgates look like" he makes sure all the supplies have made it on and waits for the last of the hares to board before grabbing his bag and setting foot onboard himself. Jun 18, 2020 at 6:06 p.m.
At the words, Terrence and the other hares follow after the officers and badger, and once he's on board and the chaos of setting out begins, he makes his way over to stand by Greg. "Sah," he asks, "Have you evah, well, sailed before? I know I haven't, o'h the rest of the patrol besides Reuenthal, I think..." Jun 18, 2020 at 6:10 p.m.
Caleb would have gotten up and takes a moment to get all his things ready. The mouse was slightly saddened that he has to leave his father behind... but he wants to follow this through. He would give a quick goodbye to him and Oz. Taking up his armor, Caleb heads back out to the beach where the ship was stationed, shouldering his bag as he heads up on deck. Jun 18, 2020 at 6:11 p.m.
Ciocan nods to Caleb "Welcome aboard Caleb..oh yes"He walks over to a hare and whispers something, the hare salutes and disappears, reappering and handing the badger a shield, he smiles and walks back to Caleb handing it to him "This...is yours Caleb" Jun 18, 2020 at 6:13 p.m.
Ciocan says, "And Rufus I will need you to look out for land when needed, and any ships we rather not get close to, otherwise I will find you if need you."" Jun 18, 2020 at 6:15 p.m.
Rufus nods as he listens "Rufus stay close ya...close to Bunny Lord and his bunnies."He flies up to where the high mast of the ship is and has decied, this will work, it may be a crows nest in name but it sees a gullls nest now :P. Jun 18, 2020 at 6:16 p.m.
Keldorn goes to help with the sails and will likely stay with his fellow shrew group for today. Jun 18, 2020 at 6:24 p.m.
Overhearing Terrence, Varus approaches the other two bucks. "I have, mah lad. When I was about yahr age, I think it was. Back when Sebastian was still th' badgah lord. We took on an island bloody full o' pirate rats... Nasty beasts they were... Mmm. Smell tha' salty sea air, though. So refreshin', wot." Jun 18, 2020 at 6:24 p.m.
Donica frowns, she is likely gonna get sea sick as the trip proceeds, she sits down for now as she is still unsure of the large boat, or the sea. Jun 18, 2020 at 6:26 p.m.
Dominik appears seemingly out of nowhere, which is rather unusual despite his size, and he simply strides past everyone quietly, eyes forward and expression steely as he boards the ship. He carries a bag over his shoulder, his large blade strapped to his back, and he makes no acknowledgements as he makes his way onboard. He is soon gone, once again, likely searching out his own little spot to sequester himself away somewhere in the ship. Jun 18, 2020 at 6:27 p.m.
Matilda walks over to Donica as she trusts the others are alright, she smiles "Don't worry too much, it will be fine Donica and by the way congrats on joining the Long Patrol, I am glad you found a place to be and have a family,the long patrol is a family after all" Jun 18, 2020 at 6:28 p.m.
Gregorian takes a place by a railing, leaving the orders to the experienced seabeasts and keeping out of the way as the work begins to get the ship moving "Hm?" he's snapped out of his thoughts at Terrence's words and nods to Varus as he's joins them in a little pocket of officers amongst the choas "Hm. I grew up on rivah boats but the sea is a different beast. I've had the occassional excursion with some of the fishin' ottahs in Halyard but never a patrol out tah the islands" he has a subtle frown for the gull when Rufus flies off above but never did like seagulls. He looks back Varus again shortly "Yah don't get enough sea air livin' on a beach sah?" Jun 18, 2020 at 6:31 p.m.
"Oh, hello sah." Terrence leans backwards onto the railing to he's facing Varus and stabilizing himself against the wobble of the ship at the same time. "I've been a passenger on a ship before but nevah /sailed/ as it were like you- and frankly I'm not quite sure what the difference between being on a rivah o'h the sea is, really, beyond how wide the two are." He laughs, though as he spots Dom he falls silent, watching the big hare disappear. Jun 18, 2020 at 6:36 p.m.
It's obvious he doesn't know what to say. A shield from the forge of Salamandstron... probably one of the strongest things he could receive besides actual badger strength. Slowly the mouse takes up the object and inspects it before slipping his hand through the straps. Slightly heavy but the right amount of weight for him. He gives it a few hefts before taking up his sword to make sure things are good. A smile crosses the young lad's face, Caleb placing everything where they needed to be sheathed as he writes something for Ciocan. "Thank you very much... I do wish there was some way I could repay you besides having gotten everyone here safe and sound. I will not let you down, Lord Ciocan. You have my word. Jun 18, 2020 at 6:42 p.m.
Ciocan does notice Domink as well after a hare taps him on the shoulder and points him out, he nods his thanks, he then looks to the writting and nods to Caleb "Your Welcome young Caleb and no need to repay me. and I know your do your best, this jorney will be long and once we get to the island...I am not surewhat to expect, we just need to be ready"He looks at the others "We all need to be ready" Jun 18, 2020 at 6:45 p.m.
Rufus will stay where he is once they set sail, he may fly off but will always return to the ship before it gets dark Jun 18, 2020 at 6:49 p.m.
Varus chuckles to Greg. "The air out at sea is even fresher than it is on the shore, mahk mah words..." Jun 18, 2020 at 6:52 p.m.
Donica nods to Maltilda " First time on a ship , I should be ok " Jun 18, 2020 at 6:55 p.m.
Matilda nods and smiles as she checks on the others before going to stand where Ciocan is . Jun 18, 2020 at 6:58 p.m.
Gregorian has also spotted Dom quickly disappearing out of sight but he wouldn't blame anyone from going to claim their place to sleep before the good places were gone. So long as he hasn't brought the dead frog with him Greg won't complain. "I suppose we'll have time for me tah see if yah right sah" he says to Varus before thinking for a moment and replying to Terrence "Well wave, yah can't drink the watah and a quick stop by on the shore will soon stop bein' an option" Jun 18, 2020 at 6:59 p.m.
"Ah, yes." Terrence nods with a rather sheepish smile on his face, "I suppose that's true." He looks back at the shore still in view, his nose scrunched up. After a moment or so he turns back to observe the various beasts running (or just standing like himself and the other officers) around the deck. "Say..." the sergeant's voice drops to a whisper, "What do you think of all the Mossflowah beasts? They seem to me to be mostly, well..." He breaks off, shrugging. Jun 18, 2020 at 7:03 p.m.
Caleb would nod and put away his pad for now, the mouse getting everything ready. He checks his gear, tightening the rope of his grappling hook and making sure the prybar is still in good condition. After a bit, Caleb heads off to go help load things up for the ship. Jun 18, 2020 at 7:06 p.m.
Ciocan has meanwhile got to where the ship's steering wheel is as he chats with a beast here and there, with the skills he still has from his days as a captain some seasons ago he gets the ship further onto the sea and further from land, he will still talk to beasts as he captains his new ship.Every so often he will let another, who knows how to sail the ship, be at the wheel . Jun 18, 2020 at 7:08 p.m.
Varus waves to his wife, until the dock is out of sight, then turns to Terrence. "Tha' Caleb lad, an' tha' DoraRose both look like pretty capable fightahs," he replies. "So does tha' Matilda." Jun 18, 2020 at 7:12 p.m.
Terrence looks rather unconvinced by the major's words. "I suppose, sah. But there is a difference between being a capable fightah and being capable in battle." His expression sours. "I still haven't forgotten the disastah that was last time they needed the patrol's help, and how many hares were killed." Jun 18, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
Caleb was listening around as he heard the speech. It... was strange to hear all this, but he was gonna be here for a great while. Might as well get used to everything... although he looked towards Terrence's way with a quirked eyebrow. Jun 18, 2020 at 7:38 p.m.
Ciocan stays at the wheel sailing the ship quietly. He has a hare beside him speaking quietly on the direction to head, a direction is known and they do have a map, just not one to get all the way to the island,that will take some other skills of knowing the seas,watching the stars and it doesnt hurt to have the sea gull around. Jun 18, 2020 at 7:41 p.m.
Varus hmmms. "Well, I wasn't involved in tha' battle t' know one way or t'othah about that..." He looks out to see, then turns and notices Caleb overhearing their chat. "'E means no disrespect though, lad. Y' look capable..." Jun 18, 2020 at 7:44 p.m.
Donica watches the land slowly get farther away and sighs, she glaces around and rubs her eyes as if tried. Jun 18, 2020 at 7:48 p.m.
Matilda looks over towards the hares speaking but stays quiet, she indeed remembers the siege but says nothing for now, she decides to check on a couple things, maybe getting use to being on the ship slowly. Jun 18, 2020 at 7:49 p.m.
Neither confirming nor denying the major's words, Terrence simply raises his own eyebrow in return to the mouse. "I wasn't there eithah, but I knew quite a lot who went." He says in response to Varus, turning back to look back at sea once again. "I just hope they won't do anything reckless." Jun 18, 2020 at 7:53 p.m.
"Different places, different situations" Greg comments on the talk of the last time they helped Redwall "We can only hope these slavahs don't have quite the numbahs as I've heard they had there" as like the others Greg wasn't at Redwall for the siege either "We're not off tah defend against a siege at least though there are still captives tah be concerned about" He nods to Caleb as they've drawn his attention. Jun 18, 2020 at 8:04 p.m.
Ciocan keeps an eye out for anything, so far so good and no signs of a storm.He lets the hare beside him take the wheel a few moments as he goes to talk to some of his hares, he makes his way over to Varus and Greg "The slavers ship is about a week and a half ahead of us,heading north and west somewhere, have any of you heard of any islands in that direction" Jun 18, 2020 at 8:09 p.m.
Caleb would just watch the others before going back to his work and to rest somewhat. The past week has been hell and he's mostly been taking care of Xander while keeping his body in shape. If this meant that he would have to prove his worth here to the hares then he'll do just that. Jun 18, 2020 at 8:13 p.m.
Varus stands up straighter. "Sah!" he says to Ciocan. "There was one lahge Island I 'eard of in mah youngah seasons. Not sure if it's th' same Island we're 'eaded towards, 'owevah, wot. It's... Green, or somethin' like tha'. Jun 18, 2020 at 8:19 p.m.
Matilda offers Caleb a smile "Doing ok so far Caleb?" Jun 18, 2020 at 8:20 p.m.
Terrence decides not to push the issue or voice his own private doubts about the past, but the sergeant does manage to say, "Uh, sah, excuse me but how do we know they are still heading north? There isn't any way of tracking a ship on the sea that I'm aware of - and even if we know which direction they were heading what's stopping them from changing course at some point? It's what I would have done..." However, even as he finished the question a cloud of something that's black and brown erupts from below deck and several hares come up coughing. The last one, wearing a sheepish grin and the most covered in of them all, waves at the officers. "KONAH!" Terrence shouts, rushing down to inspect the damage. "Oh, yeah sergeant." Konner replies between fits of coughing, still standing in the small stairway between decks, "Turns out we shouldn't have 'ung up the paper bag...O'h maybe we should have practiced knots more..." Jun 18, 2020 at 8:27 p.m.
Caleb was about to answer the question when the explosion suddenly came about. It's clear he's able to get ready for battle in an instant as he turns towards the sound with a hand around his blade. But... it seems they have it and he just answers Matilda. "I'm doing okay. Never been on a ship like this before. A small boat yeah but this is huge... going to be here for a bit though, huh?" Jun 18, 2020 at 8:31 p.m.
Gregorian straightens up when they're questioned by the Badger Lord as well "Green Isle?" he asks Varus before shaking his head "I know of that one from the ottahs. Erm, Ruddahing too. I can't imagine eithah harbourin' slavahs. Erm...Sam..Sampetra? I heard of once...I couldn't tell yah where any are without a map though" his ears perk sharply at the sudden commotion within the ship and a frown quickly appears "We've only been travellin' for five minutes!" he shouts at the spluttering hares but he shakes his head and leaves Terrence to deal with that mess. Jun 18, 2020 at 8:32 p.m.
Ciocan frowns, he will let the sargeant deal with it and sighs, he nods "I only know...North thats it, not where...we will find them, we will track them down, one way or another" He had run out of the runes , no more clues to go by now its only his wits and those of his crew....and luck hopefully on thier side. Jun 18, 2020 at 8:34 p.m.
Ciocan sat in a chair in the chair in the captains quarters looking over maps and snorts, seeming a bit annoyed at the time being. Jun 18, 2020 at 8:51 p.m.
Caleb would be exploring the ship, having checked everything he could to mostly make sure it was in order. He comes in to the captain's quarters and blinks, closing the door behind him. He can only sign for now, having set his pad away and such. "Hello sir. Sorry to disturb you. I was just exploring the ship." Jun 18, 2020 at 8:54 p.m.
Ciocan looks over at the note and nods "Its fine Caleb, I am always here ta talk if you need anything"He smiles"She is a grand ship, isnt she...it was a gift from Keldorn to me and the Long Patrol" Jun 18, 2020 at 8:59 p.m.
"I remember. He said that the paper he had may have come in handy. It turns out that it was since now we can use it to get towards this island or wherever that the vermin escaped to. I've... never been on a big ship like this before." He would also go to take a seat nearby, looking to the badger lord with a smile. Jun 18, 2020 at 9:13 p.m.
Ciocan smiles "I have, it's been a while though before I came to the western shores to be Badger Lord,I sailed a small fishing boat..large enough for me, a small pawfull of beasts and..."It's here he frowns a little and is silent but clears his throat. Jun 18, 2020 at 9:17 p.m.
Caleb would take a moment to watch the sea go by, nodding somewhat and signing some more. "You don't have to continue, sir. I can understand the loss of ones that you wish to not speak of... things that happen such as that bring a bad taste to my mouth too." Jun 18, 2020 at 9:24 p.m.
Ciocan nods, "We all have good and bad times in our lifes, some are shared and others not..." He still smiles"The ship will be helpful to us yes, and maybe even in the furture, its always good to help Redwall amd Mossflower in thier times of need, we helped one other time some seasons ago during a very bad siege, the Long patrol got there barely in time in fact and good won..."He adds "At a large price...but good won over evil, no evil one stood afterwards" Jun 18, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
There is a knock at the door. Jun 18, 2020 at 9:30 p.m.
Caleb was going to answer when he hears the knock at the door. He seems to look towards Ciocan as if the badger will get it but gets up and heads over. He simply opens the door and stands aside. Jun 18, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
Ciocan looks up to see who it is, "Do enter"He says quietly Jun 18, 2020 at 9:40 p.m.
Varus is outside the door, still wearing his dress uniform. "Sah," he says, as he enters the room. "All is well on th' ship," he reports, "No troubles at all. Th' weathah looks cleah ahead, an' there's not a cloud in th' sky, wot." Jun 18, 2020 at 9:43 p.m.
Caleb would look over the hare, giving them a small nod as he moves to go back out. Jun 18, 2020 at 9:59 p.m.
It has been long enough on their voyage that land was far out of sight, yet Terrence still tends to look back in were he assumes the hare disappeared. He hasn't quite gotten that good at telling were he is without the sun and shore. Clutching the railing the sergeant keeps his eyes on the horizon, trying to ward off the inevitable sea-sickness that has been threatening to take hold of him since they got to deep water, but he figures its mind over matter. Forcing a smile at the passersby, the bespectacled hare has kept close to the edge of the boat not daring to go under deck even during the night. It was warm and pleasant enough today, which was a pleasant bonus, but still. "Damn...Can't believe not even a day in and I'm already wishing fo'h solid ground..." He mutters to himself. Jun 20, 2020 at 7:36 p.m.
The buck isn't the only one. Groans and moans can be heard from a number of the creatures on the ship, and DoraRose, one of the beasts suffering, stumbles above deck, clutching her stomach with her free arm as Felicity and Matilda support her. The mouse goes over to the railing on the port side of the vessel and leans over, sounding a bit like she's dying. As the hedgehog tries to give the mouse some special tea, Felicity, not looking miserable in the slightest, makes her way over to her fellow Sergeant. "Seems like most everybeast is 'avin' some trouble wi' th' sea," she remarks, seeming worried. Ciocan is at the helm, steering the ship and doing captainy things. Jun 20, 2020 at 7:44 p.m.
"Indeed." Terrence manages, smiling again in a way that seems more like a grimace. "I suppose that's what we get fo'h nevah having naval training o'h whatevah one calls it, eh?" With a quirked eyebrow he examines the Redwallers. "I suppose it might be worse fo'h them, eh? Living in the middle of a forest like they do..." Jun 20, 2020 at 7:49 p.m.
Felicity shrugs. "I dunno. Matilda seems t'be fine, but Ms. DoraRose is 'avin' it pretty bad. I wondah if age makes a difference -- Ms. Rose isn't quite old enough t'be m' Mum, but she's also not as young as we are, eithah." She leans on the rail, watching the rise and fall of the ship on the waves. "I'm doin' pretty well. 'Aven't felt sick once. Y'look like y'not doin' too well, though." Jun 20, 2020 at 7:56 p.m.
"I really am not." Terrence smiles again, unconvincingly. "And I know that at least half the privates are doing worse - they keep complaining to me about it all." With a laugh the sergeant turns back to look out at the sea. "I've heard that keeping you'h eyes on the horizon tends to help, though." Jun 20, 2020 at 8 p.m.
"Mmm....y'look like y'swallowed a bad fruit," Felicity remarks, looking at him, obviously not convinced by his smile at all. Matilda seems to be directing DoraRose to look out at the horizon, but so far all the mouse has done is rest her head on the rail and moaned. The auburn-furred doe turns to face her fellow Sergeant, leaning on the rail beside him. "Kinda glad we got this mission togethah, y'know? 'Tis nice t' 'ave more time t'chat." Since everything got even more hectic than usual in the Long Patrol recently. Jun 20, 2020 at 8:04 p.m.
There's a moment or so before Terrence answers. "Yes- yes. Glad." He begins, partly deflecting the conversation. His voice drops to a whisper so that the mouse and hedgehog can't hear. "I daresay though, well, I'm nervous about what will happen when we reach the slavahs - if we evah do. I know we've fought toads before, but I feel like these slavahs will be hardah to deal with. Especially with the wild cards that are those Redwallahs. They might be able to fight, but I'm not certain on how well they'll mesh with the patrol..." Jun 20, 2020 at 8:13 p.m.
---------Felicity (Room)---------- Jun 20, 2020 at 8:23 p.m.
Felicity frowns, but she tries to be logical instead of just jumping straight into defending the mouse, who she really looks up to. Jun 20, 2020 at 8:23 p.m.
The doe says, "But maybe tha's part o' th'point, Terrence. They're not like th'Patrol, they 'ave their own way o' fightin', and may'ap tha's no' a bad thing. The way we fight an' battle isn't th' only successful way t'do things. Many, many times o'er the seasons our ancestors lived through, th'Patrol an' Redwallah's an' their Mossflowah allies banded t'gethah successfully, an' while they didn't 'mesh'" she makes quotes in the air with her fingers as she says that word "with th'Patrol, they still worked t'gethah jus' fine, an' came out victorious in th' end." Jun 20, 2020 at 8:23 p.m.
Now she allows her hurt to show. "An' are y'really gonna be so focused on battle tactics an' tryin' t'force our allies int'bein' like th'Patrol tha' y'can't enjoy us bein' on the same ship f'r 4 weeks? Y'said y'liked me, y'took me out on a date, then y'practically ghosted me. I undahstand we've been busy, but I can't 'elp feelin'...I dunno, kinda 'urt an' ignored." Jun 20, 2020 at 8:23 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 20, 2020 at 8:23 p.m.
Terrence stiffens, keeping his eyes on the fair off horizon. "I-" He starts, in a quiet voice doing his best to turn and meet her gaze, "I'm sorry about that. All of it." He waves his paw vaguely. "I didn't mean to ghost you... not at all, no..." Taking in a deep breath (either to calm his nerves or try and settle his stomach), he continues. "I've just been - bah." Shaking his head he looks back out to sea. "I'm scared. I've been scared, fo'h a while now." His voice is louder now, more firm. "I don't think the patrol is quite ready fo'h a fight again. I know death is unavoidable in ou'h line of work, but even so - well. Well, I don't wan't hares to be killed, no mattah what." With a sigh he lets out what he's been holding in for nearly eight seasons. "If hares are going to die again, I'd much rathah it be because of the patrol's blundah rathah than some abbey-beasts fault, if that makes since. I mean, I don't want them giving ou'h hares orders, no mattah how they do things. They have thei'h own way and we have /ou' Jun 20, 2020 at 8:41 p.m.
- /ou'hs/. Even if the badgeh lord himself ordahs me to hand ovah command to any of them I'd refuse, because frankly-" With a nervous looks around he drops his voice again to a hiss, "I don't trust eithah his o'h the redwallahs' judgement in battle, not after what happened last time we helped them." Jun 20, 2020 at 8:41 p.m.
---------Felicity (Room)---------- Jun 20, 2020 at 8:56 p.m.
Felicity hugs herself as he apologizes, but as he continues, she just looks shocked, then angry. "'Twasn't th'fault o' th'Redwallahs tha' so many 'ares died! 'Ave y'even /read/ any o'th'repohts?? The base camp was ambushed wi' no warnin', an' th'group whot went t'th'Abbey was vastly outnumbahed, even wi' th'Redwallahs an' their allies there!" Jun 20, 2020 at 8:56 p.m.
She's not trying to be quiet, and some of those above deck are now watching them closely (although not the Badger Lord -- the doe isn't being quite that loud yet). "The Redwallah's weren't in command o' any o' th'Patrollahs who died, an' they 'ad no control o'er whot th'enemy did! They were stuck inside the Abbey durin' a flippin' /seige/! 'Ow could they 'ave prevented to attack on th'base camp? 'Ow could they 'ave prevented th'overwhelmin' amount o' deaths on all sides due to 'ow many o' the enemy there were??" Jun 20, 2020 at 8:56 p.m.
She's kind of gotten in his face now, obviously very upset. "'Ave y'even /talked/ t'any o' th' 'ares who went?" Her blue eyes flash. "None o'th'Redwallah's gave any o' our 'ares ordahs, an' 'twasn't th'fault o' th'Redwallahs we 'ad t'go 'elp 'em." He would know that she wasn't 1 of the ones who went to Mossflower that time, but she's still lumping herself in with them. "Y'allowed t'be afraid, but y'not allowed t'falsely accuse beasts if y' 'aven't read th'repohts 'bout it or talked t'any o' th'survivours!" Jun 20, 2020 at 8:56 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 20, 2020 at 8:56 p.m.
During her rant Terrence backs away as far as he can, shrinking away. However, there is one thing she says that cause his shoulders to straighten and he stands upright. In the moments of silence that follows, Terrence's mouth tightens and his eyes hold something that's not quite anger but are cold. When he speaks, he's still quiet but firm. "Felicity. I /know/ it's not the Redwallahs fault - not that time. I- I'm just expressing well- It was the bloody patrol and those heading it. I don't trust Ciocan-" Here, he doesn't bother with titles, "-o'h the rest of brass, let alone some fa'h off woodland ordah that seems to need rescuing every othah blasted summah." With a deep breath he turns away once again. "As fo'h survivahs, well... well. All the hares I knew and worked with /died there."/ He bites his paw. "I- I nevah read those reports because I..." With shake of his head and a sigh he falls silent once more, leaning heavily on the railing his eyes closed. After a long pause he says, in a calmer tone, "Tha Jun 20, 2020 at 9:16 p.m.
-"That cannot happen again. But I'm scared it will - it doesn't need to be a patrolah's fault o'h the badgeh lord's o'h the Redwallahs'. It just needs one bad decision." Jun 20, 2020 at 9:16 p.m.
---------Felicity (Room)---------- Jun 20, 2020 at 9:33 p.m.
Felicity scowls. "O' course they need t'be rescued -- they're a peaceful Ordah! I think all theih best Warriohs are on this bloomin' ship!" She curses. "Redwall could be undah attack righ' now an' we wouldn't know it!" Jun 20, 2020 at 9:33 p.m.
DoraRose is trying to pull herself together enough to come over and try to smooth things down, but all she can do is take 1 step before her seasickness rolls back over her and Matilda has to catch her. Ciocan has noticed the fight (although he still can't hear what it's about), but no one else who knows how to steer a ship is available to take over from him just yet. Jun 20, 2020 at 9:33 p.m.
The haremaid's paws curl into fists. "If y'don't trust 'is Lordship, then why 'aven't y'left th'Patrol by now? An' if y'so scared 'bout somethin' tha' can't be prevented, then why are y'botherin' t'go on livin'??" She deoesn't mean that, not in the slightest. She's just really, really angry right now. Dora straightens up as best as she can. "Felicity...." The Sergeant waves a paw at her to shush her. Jun 20, 2020 at 9:33 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 20, 2020 at 9:33 p.m.
Felicity shakes her head. "An' why th'" she knows some very choice words! "would y'not read the repohts if y'want it t'nevah 'appen again?? Tha's th'best way t'prevent things, is t'read whot 'appened in th'past!" Jun 20, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
Rufus flies onto the railing, luckly not near the hares, and tilts his head "What wrong with bunnies?"He asks, a private shrugs like he has no clue, a couple others look closer....ohhh an arguement.The sea gull yarks loudly "Stupid bunnies need fight bad beasts...not selfs" Jun 20, 2020 at 9:38 p.m.
By now even the hares who were purposely ignoring the sergeants have to take notice, with others, such as Konner, seem almost eager for the fight. Terrence, however, doesn't seem to be all that angry all things considered. At least not until the bird has the 'gull' to squad at them - earning Rufus a look that implies the buck is trying to strangle him with his mind. "Why? /Why/?" Terrence voice is raised for the first time, even as he taps the railing to do his best to ignore the seagull from now on. "Felicity I-" Nostrils flaring, the bespectacled hare shrugs. "I don't want my friends - the hares I care about - to follow fools to thei'h graves. Trust me, I left the patrol once and I've thought 'bout doing it once again. /But I haven't./ And the reports? Ha." A fit of manic mirthless laughter takes hold of him, and he clutches the railing for support. "Sure, I'd /love/ to read 'bout th'deaths of my fathah and squad and nearly every hare I was friendly with besides you and Ewan, /sounds absolutely blinkin Jun 20, 2020 at 9:52 p.m.
-blinkin' lovely./" He hisses, before sliding down as sea-sickness washes over him. "Of course, Ewan died latch anyway, the poo'h sod." There's bitterness in the words, and he covers his face with his paws. Jun 20, 2020 at 9:53 p.m.
Caleb was up on deck where the others were, swabbing the floors to make sure things stayed clean. However he did look over as he saw the commotion. Having no voice was hard as he would come up and look over where the hares were fighting. He wants to try to break them up... but he's waiting if they get physical. Jun 20, 2020 at 10 p.m.
---------Felicity (Room)---------- Jun 20, 2020 at 10:12 p.m.
DoraRose stumbles forward, Matilda hurrying to keep her from falling. The mousewife goes to lay her free paw on Caleb's shoulder, trying to ignore her seasickness. "Don't...." she pauses and grimaces, trying to get her nausea under control. "There's more to this than is obvious to outsiders, and only I know about those things because Felicity told me. Let's just...." another pause and grimace. "Let them figure it out." Matilda, not knowing either of the hares involved, just shrugs, having to trust the Gatekeeper's judgement. Jun 20, 2020 at 10:12 p.m.
Felicity glares at the gull. "We're 'ares, no' bunnies," she firmly corrects him. But what her fellow Sergeant says gives her pause, and he's down on the deck for a few minutes before she can think of a reply. "'M sorry y'Da died," she says, crouching down to his level. "I will say tha' if y'can't read th'repohts, an' if y'refuse t'talk t'any survivours, then y' 'ave no right t'be blamin' anybeast foh anythin' tha' 'appened. Y'eithah 'ave t'know th'truth, oh y'need t'not be formin' opinions." She stops for a moment, then adds, "Y' 'aven't talked t'anybeast 'bout this befoh, 'ave you?" Jun 20, 2020 at 10:12 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 20, 2020 at 10:12 p.m.
Rufus puffs up and speaks "You..are bunnies...you leader is bunny lord.." He decides to go find some fish, he seems to debate droping it on thier heads but that be a waste of tasty raw fish, so he just eats it on a clear area of the floor, a private steps back and looks..ill, rufus tilts his head "Bunny want?" The private quickly shakes his head and backs up "ya ya,,more fer rufus" peck..peck at the fish.Yum! Jun 20, 2020 at 10:16 p.m.
"Not even two days in, ladies and gentle beasts!" Konner calls out, trying to make things light again, "An' the poo'h sergeants 'ave already snapped! If only I 'ad made 'ares place bets-" With a kick to his shins courtesy of Greenhill and a hissed suggestion on were to place his bet from Reuenthal, Konner quiets down to slink off to do his chores. Jun 20, 2020 at 10:21 p.m.
"No - not since the assumably when the brass told us what happened." Terrence manages, his face turning greener each moment. "And I-" His voice return to barely a whisper, "I did skim the reports, but by Hellsgates, I didn't want to look any furthah. And I wouldn't put it past this who wrote the reports--" He cuts himself off, deciding he had said enough about that. "Daresay I'm not as sorry 'bout my fathah as I should be, but that's anothah can of worms. Ompf." He shakes his head, looking very sick. Jun 20, 2020 at 10:21 p.m.
**** OOC: POSE ORDER: caleb, felicity, dominik, rufus, terrence :) BIC: **** Jun 20, 2020 at 10:23 p.m.
Caleb was about to step in when he feels the familiar weight of DoraRose's hand on his shoulder. He looks back towards her and was going to answer but his ears fold back... the mouse just nods and waits to see if it it actually gets violent. If it were... he won't hurt anyone. He just doesn't want the crew fighting is all. Jun 20, 2020 at 10:30 p.m.
---------Felicity (Room)---------- Jun 20, 2020 at 10:50 p.m.
DoraRose doesn't want fighting, either, so she watches warily, knowing how couples can get slappy when they're fighting. Matilda murmurs, "They seem to be calming down...." Jun 20, 2020 at 10:50 p.m.
Felicity frowns and goes to help her fellow Sergeant stand upright, facing the sea. "Y'said lookin' at th' 'orizon 'elps wi' seasickness, so up y'come, laddie buck!" She shakes her head. "Then may'ap y'should ask more questions....an' talk t'beasts more. 'Tisn't good t' 'old this kind o' stuff in, Terrence." She's not so sure of that, herself, but it's the advice she's been giving Dominik, so it's the advice she'll give her other friends, too. Jun 20, 2020 at 10:50 p.m.
Dora visibly relaxes. "Aye, I think they have. Oooh..." she doubles over, clutching her stomach with her free arm. The hedgehog supports her, but looks a little strained. "Caleb, help me get her back to the rail. She'll feel better once she starts looking out at the horizon....if she ever will." The elicits another groan from the miserable Gatekeeper. Jun 20, 2020 at 10:50 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 20, 2020 at 10:50 p.m.
Neither hide nor hair had been seen of Dominik ever since the brief sighting of the massive hare during boarding of the ship, the buck having seemingly successfully found his own little spot to keep himself holed away during the journey. Learning about the journey, and more specifically, the reason as to why they were taking it had affected him profoundly, and he had seemingly reverted back to his more silent, unpredictable and brooding state. As the other hares go about their argument and/or discussion, the sounds of creaking boards is heard nearby, and out of the shadows of the galley steps Dom. He shifts his gaze between all those on deck, giving a soft grunt, before he heads out towards the bow of the ship. He takes a position standing there, the large buck staring out to sea with steely, hardened gaze, paws resting then tightening upon the rail. Jun 20, 2020 at 10:51 p.m.
Rufus watches them "Why all bunnies and beasties getting ills...bad fishes?" He seems happpy the two hares are not fighting and looks at teh half eatten fish and flies over to frop it by Terrence and Felicity "Tis good fish..fresh...not get ills from"He flies away back to another railing and seems...happy, ya he helped! Jun 20, 2020 at 10:52 p.m.
With the half eating fish being tossed in front of him, the last ounce of willpower leaves Terrence, who, having feebly let himself be pulled upright, clutches the railing and hurls what little he ate from lunch. After a long, long minute, the sergeant mutters a rather foul name for the bird, and he groans as he pulls himself upright. "I...its not good to hold anything in, it seems." Once again he tires to smile - and once again it appears more as a grimace - both at his weak attempt at his joke and how he feels. "Well...Welp." He sighs. "This was rathah a poo'h place fo'h it all." Jun 20, 2020 at 10:58 p.m.
Konner, meanwhile, had very nearly walked into Dom, avoiding him with a squeak and a hasty "Excuse me!" As he darts around the big arctic hare, all plans of checking the rigging in the bow forgotten. Jun 20, 2020 at 10:58 p.m.
**** OOC: POSE ORDER: caleb, felicity, dominik, rufus, terrence :) BIC: **** Jun 20, 2020 at 11:09 p.m.
Caleb was still thinking of it... but Dora was right that things seemed to be dying down. He'd only sigh and look back towards his friends with a whimper as he nods and helps up DoraRose's other side, waddling with Matilda to get his mouse companion to the railing. Jun 20, 2020 at 11:11 p.m.
Dominik says, "Left side is port, right side is starboard." Jun 20, 2020 at 11:21 p.m.
Felicity says, "SHIPS ARE HARD" Jun 20, 2020 at 11:22 p.m.
---------Felicity (Room)---------- Jun 20, 2020 at 11:22 p.m.
DoraRose gets to the railing and leans over it, eyes screwed tight as she strives to control her body. Matilda sighs. "Dora, just look at the lovely horizon! It'll help you feel better, I promise." She glances at the other mouse, ready to interpret his signs should he start trying to talk. Jun 20, 2020 at 11:22 p.m.
Felicity also looks a little sickened by the half-eaten fish carcass. "Um, no, thanks, we're good! Uh, y'c'n keep it." She spots Dom and decides to check on him, too. "C'mon, love. I've 'eard tha' walkin' 'elps, too. Let's go say 'llo t'Dom." She goes to guide Terrence that way, supporting him and struggling (and failing) to find interesting things on the horizon to point out to him. "Well, anyplace is battah than noplace, sometimes." Jun 20, 2020 at 11:22 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 20, 2020 at 11:22 p.m.
Dominik merely stares out at the horizon, the massive hare seemingly having no issue at all with seasickness. He did after all work on ships back in the Northlands, and so he'd taken many a trip out onto the sea and learned the various ways to keep from getting ill. He'd just gotten used to it at that point, and so as he hears others approaching him, he turns his head to glance back at them. He gives them a nod, before his gaze returns to its previous place. Who knows what the big hare is planning in his head? For their enemies, it likely was not at all a good thing. Jun 20, 2020 at 11:28 p.m.
Rufus looks at Dom...that is one large bunny! He puffs up a little and goes to fly over and lands near Ciocan, he perns a feather or two back into place.He will just eat the other half of the fish beside...the bunny Lord! Jun 20, 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
"Actually," Terrence gets out, stopping and looking /very/ green, "I might just stay by the railing here, thank you. Sorry 'bout thi-." He breaks free of Felicity's grasp just in time to make it the edge of the boat, hurling. "Bahhh." After he's finished, he looks around and heads to a more deserted section of the boat were hopeful he won't disturb anyone. Jun 20, 2020 at 11:39 p.m.
**** OOC: revised POSE ORDER: felicity, dominik, rufus, donica [ifshewantsto/isableto] :) BIC: **** Jun 20, 2020 at 11:41 p.m.
---------Felicity (Room)---------- Jun 20, 2020 at 11:47 p.m.
While Matilda continues to administer to DoraRose, Ciocan smiles at the gull. "And how are you today, my friend? Seems whatever was going on between my 'bunnies'," he uses the bird's term in a polite way "resolved itself." Jun 20, 2020 at 11:47 p.m.
Felicity grimaces as Terrence goes off and does his thing, and carries on to the other buck on her own. "'Ey, Dom," she says, leaning on the rail beside him and observing him closely. "'Ow y' 'oldin' up? I can imagine this'll be a 'ard Patrol." She figures he knows, and with how he loves children, she figures this is a really hard thing for him to be wrestling with. Jun 20, 2020 at 11:47 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 20, 2020 at 11:47 p.m.
Dominik notices Felicity joining him there at the railing, and he doesn't speak for a few moments. He simply continues to stare out at the horizon, his jaw clenching and eyes narrowing, his paws tightening their grip on the railing. "Vil be the last mistake they ever made, Jun 20, 2020 at 11:49 p.m.
" he mutters in a low, dangerous tone, the buck shifting his eyes to peer down at Felicity. "Does -not- know vat they did. The second they made decision to lay paws on leetle vuns, it vas -over-. Second Dom found out, it vas -over-." He growls softly, before his eyes return to their previous location. "Dom is not responsible for vat happens to them." A chilling response, and the buck seems deadly serious. Jun 20, 2020 at 11:52 p.m.
Rufus nods to Ciocan, "Not know...bunnys grumble...then bunnies okies again...maybe sea travel make grumpy or had bad fishes" Yes bad fish is the reason,must be. Jun 20, 2020 at 11:54 p.m.
**** OOC: revised POSE ORDER: felicity, dominik, rufus :) BIC: **** Jun 20, 2020 at 11:57 p.m.
---------Felicity (Room)---------- Jun 21, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
Ciocan nods, smiling slightly. "I think 'tis probably the sea travel, and the nervousness over what's to come. Most of my hares have never been at sea before, so this is probably a nervewracking experience for some of them. But how are you faring, my friend? Is the crow's next a comfortable perch for you?" Jun 21, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
Felicity looks pensively out at the horizon, carefully weighing her words. "Dom....I undahstand tha' y'want t' 'elp th'Dibbuns, an' I fully agree wi' you. It's jus'...I only ask tha' y'be careful, alright? I don't want y'turnin' int' Erg agin. I'm 'appy t' 'ave m'friend back. I don't want t'lose y'agin." Jun 21, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 21, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
Dominik gives a soft chuff, the hare chuckling dryly. "Vil be as careful as possible. Is understanding Felicity, and does not vant to lose all progress. But, as much as is vanting to, Dom cannot promise vat vil happen. Is vhy Blorg is here, vith us. He is down vith Dom, down there." He points a paw towards the underside of the ship, where he is currently situated. "Is here in case Erg is vanting to return." He glances down at Felicity. "As long as Dibbuns are safe, is only thing that matters to Dom. Vould give life to make sure is safe." Jun 21, 2020 at 12:08 a.m.
Rufus nods "Nest is nice, will be back, always back at darklight time..watch for lands and bad beasts ya ya...Rufus use to sea...like sea." Jun 21, 2020 at 12:14 a.m.
---------Felicity (Room)---------- Jun 21, 2020 at 12:25 a.m.
Felicity is not the least bit surprised the huge hare brought his skeleton friend with him. After all, he said it helps keep him sane. "Good. I'm glad y'did whot y'needed t'do. Although y'should prob'ly make sure t' 'ide 'im from th'othahs.....who /knows/ what Majah Varus might do." She goes to rest a paw on his arm. "I trust tha' y'll try, love. An' I trust you with th'Dibbuns. /Any/ Dibbuns. We'll do ouh best t'keep 'em safe, t'gethah." Jun 21, 2020 at 12:25 a.m.
Ciocan nods, continuing to steer the ship with a steady paw. "I trust you will, my friend. I, too, like the sea....it's been too long since I've been out here on it. If you need anything to make your nest more comfortable, let me know, and I will see what we can do." Jun 21, 2020 at 12:25 a.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 21, 2020 at 12:25 a.m.
Donica had finally gotten use to all the swaying and moving of the boat. She had been sea sick for the past few hours as she now just sat on a bench below deck trying to eat something simple and sip some water.She sighed quietly as she glaced around, she was sure the trip would get betetr soon. Jun 21, 2020 at 6:23 p.m.
Gregorian must be one of the few hares to apparently not be effected by seasickness, he was a little more clumsy in his footing due to the pegleg than he was normally on land but he got around fine and didn't spend half the journey so far trying to keep his lunch. He appeared down below deck with a mug of tea in one paw, ducking beams as he headed towards the back of the ship. He spots Donica on the way and offers a nod "All quiet below deck?" Jun 21, 2020 at 6:31 p.m.
Donica looks up and nods "Yes sur just....motion sickness, then guessing I am not the only one" Jun 21, 2020 at 6:32 p.m.
Keldorn makes his way down below as well and nods, "Your get use ta it lass"He says, it seems the shrew has been out at sea before"The sea is...odd at times" Jun 21, 2020 at 6:33 p.m.
Gregorian stops to lean against the mast where it comes down inside the ship from above and sips from his drink before nodding to the shrew "Aye, yah and half the ship seem tah be sufferin' it. I might have tah suggest sailin' becomes a standard lesson in the patrol but fact is somebeasts don't keep their sealegs for life anyway. It'll settle down and yah'll feel bettah for the rest of the trip soon enough" Jun 21, 2020 at 6:38 p.m.
Donica nods "Though maybe one doesn't forget..."She sees the shrew and nods"Hello Keldorn." Jun 21, 2020 at 6:39 p.m.
Keldorn nods,"Hey lass.."He nods to the hare as well as he sits down"Sir..." He smiles "Some dislike the ship it seems, as for keeping sea legs..some do and some don't" Jun 21, 2020 at 6:41 p.m.
Gregorian nods once more to the shrew "Greg" he corrects the sir, the shrew's not in the patrol, he doesn't have to call him sir. He shrugs a shoulder to he idea of some not liking sailing "Eh, land beasts tend tah get a bit uncomfortable when the ground starts movin' undah them" Jun 21, 2020 at 6:46 p.m.
Donica asks, "Does the boat move all the time?" She asks quietly, she frowns "You two been on a ship before huh?" Jun 21, 2020 at 6:47 p.m.
Keldorn smiles "I have been at sea...though not the best time in my life.."He frowns some as he glaces around "This ship ...I gave it to your Badger Lord, to your Patrol...I never used it and decided didn't need it"He smiles "You guys did need it." Jun 21, 2020 at 6:49 p.m.
Gregorian nods once "Aye, the boat keeps movin' but eventually yah'll stop noticin' it" he chuckles "Askin' a shrew if he's been sailin' is like askin' a hare if he's had lunch. I grew up on rivahs though. It's not the same as goin' tah sea but yah get a good storm on a rivah and yah'll feel some waves" Jun 21, 2020 at 6:53 p.m.
Donica chuckles lightly "I...suppose.."She hmms "So thats where he got the ship, but how did"She looks at the shrew "You have it..don't your clan have like log boats?" Jun 21, 2020 at 6:55 p.m.
Keldorn answers" I wasn't always in the GUOSIM...long story, lived in Halyard..was..well rich, but things change"He shakes his head "A thought friend..stole things,inclueding that small fishing boat..."Yes the boat the slavers used to go up river"But thats the past...I joined the GUOSIM and they are family to me now, there is me and Oswald that came looking for the dibbuns, the other 3 shrews on board are friends of mine ...though"He smiles "I taked them into joining GUOSIM...a little surprise for old Loggy...when get back"Least he hopes they all get back safe and sound. Jun 21, 2020 at 6:58 p.m.
Gregorian listens and sips his drink scratching his nose lightly afterwards "Well, it's a fine ship and yah help means we're on our way fastah than tryin' tah obtain a ship at Halyard. The extra time may make the difference" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:05 p.m.
Donica says, "Hopefully we can catch up to those slavers...figure out where they are at least and..plan, then I am unsure how much fighting I will do, more...guess tending to injuried" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:06 p.m.
Keldorn nods, he hmmms "I am sure we will figure it out, they sailed off like , what was it...week and a half before us?" He frowns,"Only so many places to go, wouldnt think be too far, then suppose one never knows" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:08 p.m.
Gregorian shakes his head "Healahs keep us fightin', yah'll do yah bit" he's been through wars and lost a foot, he has a certain respect for healers. He takes a deep breath as he considers how to track a ship "The bird might help...If not, well, we'll just have tah search every island we can. They can't stay at sea forevah" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:14 p.m.
Donica nods "Oh the...sea gull,I seen it...birds are a little scary but if its a friend then thats good and I can learn some self defense if needed" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:16 p.m.
Keldorn nods"True, birds can also see fairy high up..maybe see if anyone is on an island or things seem...well out of place, then again smart vermin tend to hide and these seem to have some brains, though they lost a fairly good fighter beast, that ferret the vixen had...now he was dangerous...I have no clue if she has any other dangerous beasts or not" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:19 p.m.
Gregorian seems a little sceptical of the bird being a friend "Well, I've nevah met a gull I liked...but his Lordship seems tah trust the bird" so Greg will go along with it "If it can just see the ship we just have tah catch it up. Good fightahs or not fightin' vermin is wot the patrol was made for" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:22 p.m.
Donica shivers a little "The ferret that hurt...."She gulps,"Least the ferret is dead" She listens now "I just hope no one is too badly hurt and if they are, they can be helped." Jun 21, 2020 at 7:23 p.m.
Keldorn nods "Yes its dead...beheaded" He hmmms "Finding the slaver ship be good too, even if its a distance away we can make sure we go in the right direction, but also try and stay out of sight ourselfs. If they know we are close...it could ruin a chance to save anyone" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:26 p.m.
Gregorian jaw tightens at the idea of the dibbuns getting hurt if they get too close "Hm, too close and they'll see us comin' miles off on the sea. There isn't much hope of sneakin' up when there's just watah but there's nothin' tah say catchin' them when they get tah wherevah they're goin' will be any bettah" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:29 p.m.
Donica frowns "Well..guess we will see maybe they will just try and get away from us" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:32 p.m.
Keldorn shrugs "I have never had to deal with fighting...least on the sea and the brief fight I had with a vermin on the log boat was...well that was on a river so its different. We be prepared, they could harm the dibbuns but I am also thinking they want to get them somewhere right? Likely some...other slaver or some slave place so they wouldnt want to harm them, tehy would lose possible coin right?" He hopes he is correct in this "If anything we find them and get...close enough, they shoot arrows at us to harm..well us, we can fire arrows right back or they just try to as Donica says move faster, I don't know." Jun 21, 2020 at 7:35 p.m.
Gregorian sips his tea thoughtfully again, starting to frown a little "They're already tryin' tah get away, the problem comes when they don't think they can anymore. They'll not be keepin' the dibbuns for themselves, they'll be lookin' tah sell them so they're safe as they can get with vermin but if they think they're trapped they'll use hostages every time...Hmm. Could be if we find them or the island far enough away that they don't spot us though we could get close at night. Sail in without light and surprise them in the dark" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:41 p.m.
Donica says, "Like...fight them right away?"She sounds a little worried" dont we have to be prepared?" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:46 p.m.
Keldorn frowns "Can't always prepared fer a fight lass..unless the island teh yare going to has some side tehy dont use to hide on, then...I have no clue..the ship is large though" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:47 p.m.
Gregorian chuckles faintly "I'd love tah fight them right away but we can't go that until we find them. I'm sensin' yah don't feel ready though. Yah fought before? Got a weapon?" he finishes off his drink at last "We can't prepare for everythin' but we've got some time tah kill while we're chasin' them down. Time enough tah get in some practice" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:51 p.m.
Donica says, "I...don't know much fighter myself, no...healing yeah but not too much fighting. I only got a couple lessons on way to the shore"" Jun 21, 2020 at 7:53 p.m.
Keldorn nods "I have fought before, lots of times sadly...as said never at sea, on the river once when a vermin on the bank tried to get into the log boat." Jun 21, 2020 at 7:54 p.m.
Gregorian glances around the hold before he wanders off and grabs a mop from the corner. He twirls it in one paw on his way back "Unless we all end up ovah board I don't imagine fightin' on a ship will be much different tah fightin' indoors. We have the time for practice though" he says as he stops spinning the mop and offers it to Donica "Easiest thing tah learn fast I'd say is a spear. Keeps the vermin at a distance so yah don't have tah mastah dodgin' and all yah need tah know is how tah poke them or hit them" Jun 21, 2020 at 8 p.m.
Donica takes the mop and nods , examining it "I would say even healers should have a weapon, just in case." Jun 21, 2020 at 8:01 p.m.
Keldorn says, "Everyone in your patrol should know how ta use a weapon, the GUOSIM teach healers to use slings I know."He frowns " Our healer is achally a captive as well...or hope she still is..meaning she be alive as she was grabed...I was knocked out and thought dead I think"" Jun 21, 2020 at 8:06 p.m.
Gregorian doesn't draw his own weapons but takes a step back to put a suitable distance between himself and Donica "Yah'll have tah imagine the pointy end" he gestures for her to go ahead and try to attack with it as he keeps talking to Keldorn "Slavahs tend tah keep beasts alive so there's hope...We'll get back everyone we can" he's making no promises. Jun 21, 2020 at 8:10 p.m.
Donica nods as she grips the broom handle and then tries to poke it at Greg as if attacking, she stays alert as she can and tries to stay focus. Jun 21, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
Keldorn nods "I..hope so.I also hope my friend Oswald is carefull , that shrew maid is special to him I think....the GUOSIM didn't have any dibbuns to grab, just one and that was LoG-A-Log's son but he was safe at camp, no idea if any otter cubs were taken from Camp Willow...I dont think so though..I know a vole family lost little ones and a squirrel family was looking for a missing dibbun as well so it was not just abbey young ones those slaves took and likely they have taken other young ones from other places too" Jun 21, 2020 at 8:15 p.m.
Gregorian is still fast despite being one of the oldest hares on the trip and he catches the mop handle a moment before it hits, going to lightly push it back towards Donica "Good! Again, hardah. Spread yah paws out a little more and hold it furthah down" he tap his check "Aim here. Closah tah the middle yah aim the less likely yah are tah miss" his ears twitch and he frowns at the mention of Camp Willow but he doesn't take his eyes off of Donica "Hrm. Well, whoevah they've got and wherevah they've come from we'll find them and we'll see they get home again" Jun 21, 2020 at 8:26 p.m.
Donica nods and takeing a deep breath she does spread out her paws and goes to take aim again, still paying attention and focusing best she can. Jun 21, 2020 at 8:30 p.m.
Keldorn nods "Yes....I am gonna go see how me friends are doing...maybe see you later"He then heads onto the main area of the ship, he might even help captain it some, he has sailed a ship after all. Jun 21, 2020 at 8:31 p.m.
Gregorian catches the mop before it hits again though he has to put a little more force in to it this time "Good. Yah do that thousand times and yah'll be an expert" he nods to Keldorn "Later" before he pulls the metal walking stick he normally keeps in his belt out and gestures it at Donica "Now, I'm a nasty rat with a sword" he waves the stick at her "But yah spear is longah than my sword, so I can't reach yah without getting in yah range" he takes a step towards her "I try tah get closah, yah swing it at me" Jun 21, 2020 at 8:43 p.m.
Donica nods as she stays focused and keeps an eye on where he is, she steps back and then goes to block any attack he would make Jun 21, 2020 at 8:45 p.m.
Gregorian chuckles lightly as he clacks the stick against the mop handle "Good! Keepin' the distance between yah and them is good. Watch yah back, make sure yah don't back in tah anythin' dangerous. Yah job is tah keep back and keep beasts alive but then keep yahself alive too. Seem easy enough so far?" Jun 21, 2020 at 8:49 p.m.
Donica nods "So far long as only one is attacking me and I will..try as being backed into anything likely be very bad" Jun 21, 2020 at 8:55 p.m.
Gregorian hehs "If more than one are comin' at yah and we're not there somethin' has gone wrong. If it happens though" he slashes at the air with his stick back and forth a couple of times "Whack as many of them as yah can tah keep them back" Jun 21, 2020 at 9:02 p.m.
Donica nods as she watches "Hopefully it won't happen when I am trying to help someone" Jun 21, 2020 at 9:03 p.m.
Gregorian nods at the mop "Well yah practice with it" he twirls his stick with one paw to demonstrate "Get used tah movin' it around until it's comfortable and smooth. When we get back tah the mountain yah can learn othah weapons if yah like. A lot of the healahs prefah somethin' smallah but it's a lot hardah tah learn a sword than a big pointy stick. Yah know healin' already at least" Jun 21, 2020 at 9:09 p.m.
Donica nods again and smiles "I will practice as..this is likely a long trip to find the vermin even..I have faith we will find them and..win agaist them" Jun 21, 2020 at 9:10 p.m.
Gregorian returns his stick to his belt "Find yahself a spot tah practice on. A knot in the wood tah aim for or practice with one of the othahs. It gets easiah as yah get used tah it. We've got plenty of capable hares tah help anyway and his Lordship of course. Yah friends from Redwall are presumably all fightahs too" Jun 21, 2020 at 9:22 p.m.
Donica nods, she chuckles a little at the idea of Ciocan helping "Maybe just a fellow hare...his lordship is..so tall and one of the strongest ones on this ship..and yes there id Dora..Caleb and Keldorn fights well and of course Matilda does" Jun 21, 2020 at 9:25 p.m.
Gregorian chuckles faintly too "Well if yah can fight him, yah can fight anyone" he grabs his empty cup "I'm goin' tah do the rounds on deck. Keep practicing!" Jun 21, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
Keldorn is helping today to sail the ship, the day is bright and sunny and a clear sky,the shrew is liking being able to help and the chance to sail the ship too! Jun 22, 2020 at 10:31 p.m.
Rufus circles and lands by the shrew and studies him, he then speaks "Where Bunny Lord at?" Like shouldn't he be at the helm. Jun 22, 2020 at 10:32 p.m.
Keldorn had noticed the bird before he landed, he nods a hello "Greetings and he is resting, I offered to help so he has me and he has a hare that helps him out my friend."Keldorn wanted a chance to sail basically so of course he is helping."So what do ya need?" Jun 22, 2020 at 10:34 p.m.
Rufus smooths out a feather "Rufus need nothing, just makea sure friend ok, if ok is good ya...rest good, always good is rest ya ya."He looks around "I see nothing but water still...no land...or other ships" Jun 22, 2020 at 10:36 p.m.
Keldorn nods and he keeps the ship steady, its not too hard "Thats good, well in sense of no other ships, land be nice but not expecting it for a while yet, it has to not be too close if its a place of slavers"The last word said in discuss. "Also be wise to keep lookout for pssouble weather changes, if can" Jun 22, 2020 at 10:38 p.m.
Rufus says, "Weather is ok....not always easy tell on weather, sea is rude rude at times" Jun 22, 2020 at 10:41 p.m.
Keldorn chuckles a little "That sounds about right with de sea....she be odd, I been on de sea before, just like Lord Ciocan has, though I think it was just sailing around....I went to Collinsten, a place ya could walk to from the Western Shores but its faster by water" Jun 22, 2020 at 10:46 p.m.
Rufus nods as he listens "Rufus always been by sea....close big big water...other gullls no like me so stay alone, now have other freinds no need rude gulls" Jun 22, 2020 at 10:47 p.m.
Keldorn smiles "I can be your friend and it seems you have Lord Ciocan as one.Making friends can be easy enough and keeping them is very good indeed" Jun 22, 2020 at 10:48 p.m.
Rufus nods "Rufus also have Hare Zolomon as friend...ya ya 3 good good friends for Rufus...Keldorn...Bunny Lord...and Zolomon Hare." Jun 22, 2020 at 10:50 p.m.
Keldorn nods, "Thats good...thats good" Jun 22, 2020 at 11:03 p.m.
Matilda steps onto the main deck and walks over to Keldorn "Greeting Keldorn, I was told you be here, you doing ok?" Jun 22, 2020 at 11:20 p.m.
Keldorn nods "yes I am"He watches as the sea gull flies off,"Doing well...unlike some I been on a ship before, have you as you seem ok right this morment" Jun 22, 2020 at 11:20 p.m.
Matilda nods "I...had some sea sickness ealier but think I will be ok now yes"She looks over the sea and sighs "Gonnna have to get use to miles and miles of water ." Jun 22, 2020 at 11:22 p.m.
Keldorn nods "Not too bad, I wonder what they will do with the ship after this, and where will they keep it" Jun 22, 2020 at 11:22 p.m.
Matilda shrugs "That will be up to Lord Ciocan to decide, likely he has an idea where a safe place would be. "She sighs a little. Jun 22, 2020 at 11:24 p.m.
Keldorn speaks "What is wrong Matilda? I can listen and talk as I sail de ship" Jun 22, 2020 at 11:25 p.m.
Matilda says, "Guess homesick too and its still gonna be a while till we get back to Redwall, and worried what we are getting into once we catch up to the slavers, I have faith they will be found...just I hope everyone is ready."" Jun 22, 2020 at 11:26 p.m.
Ciocan had taken a small break and let Keldorn sail the ship a while so he could get some needed rest and the one hare that had been helping needed some rest as well.Now he comes over to Keldorn "All going well so far Keldorn?" The day had started to get a little cloudy and more clouds were coming as the badger frowned. Jun 23, 2020 at 6:34 p.m.
Keldorn nods a greeting"So far,,I don't like the clouds though, seem a bit dark for my likeing and we both know how weather can be out on the sea...unpredicabele" Jun 23, 2020 at 6:37 p.m.
Donica walks over and frowns "A bad storm maybe?" She looks at the clouds "It seems ok...the ship can handle some rain...right?" Jun 23, 2020 at 6:37 p.m.
Rufus has been away a while and now is seen, from a distance flying back towards the ship, he gets slightly sideways and then seems to strighten himself out again as he lands near the two beasts, he doesn't do his usual pern a wing feather "Is bad bad darkclouds coming, needa do somthing quickfast will be heres plenty quick."He points to where some rather nasty looking storm clouds are up ahead, not to the ship just yet but maybe half an hour away. Jun 23, 2020 at 6:41 p.m.
Ciocan frowns at the sight of the storm on the horizen and nods as he starts calling out orders"Get the sails down we don't want them riped!...Check the main mast.." He gets some hares to check some various other things as he looks to Keldorn"Give me the wheel when I say so..for now keep it steady" The wind has started to blow a bit more, no rain but the clouds are getting closer now. Jun 23, 2020 at 6:50 p.m.
Keldorn nods, he has seen a storm before but yes he is clearly going to let the badger handle the wheel, he has seen how powerfull storms can get and how quick.He keeps the wheel steady and an eye on the clouds with a frown, the wind picking up bothers him. Jun 23, 2020 at 6:51 p.m.
Donica frowns, she right away is not likeing the idea of a storm when there is nothing around but..well water for miles on end now."W..wot should I do sur?" Jun 23, 2020 at 6:55 p.m.
Rufus puffs out and flies over to be close to where a barrel is,"Storm hitting soon, esss very bad storm" Well he is not flying anywhere anytime soon and likely wont be much help to the hares either. Jun 23, 2020 at 6:56 p.m.
Varus comes up from below deck, and shades his eyes with a paw. "Looks like a rough one, sah. Bettah batten down th' bloomin' 'atches..." Jun 23, 2020 at 6:58 p.m.
Ciocan nods " My thoughts excally Major.."He looks at some confused hares"Ok those who don't need on deck, get below deck now!" Most don't need a 2nd command and right away is getting below deck, as the rain starts and the wind picks up speed,the waves start to come now too moveing the ship back and forth, not too bad for now but it's soon to get worse."If anything needs tied down do it now, your in charge of that Varus get the ones helping on deck moving!" He goes to take the wheel."Keldorn help here for now." Jun 23, 2020 at 7:03 p.m.
Keldorn nods and lets the badger take over as he grabs ahold of a small railing and frowns" This is not gonna be good at all" He frowns as one of the sails is not coming down well and starts to go help before loseing his balance and falling slightly, again grabing a railing for support. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:05 p.m.
Donica gulps, ok she just has to be brave and be there to help any possible injuried beasts, she does help those going below deck to get down there and will make sure the door stays shut so no water gets down below that way. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:06 p.m.
Rufus just keeps out from behind the barrel, he has seen storms near land but he has not really been too far out to sea, he always stayed within sight of land so that when a storm was coming, he just go back to land...well land is miles aay now. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:07 p.m.
Varus salutes. "Yes Sah," he says, then turns on the other hares. "Y' heard 'im! Get to it, now! 'Elp get those sails down! You, close that 'atch! Th' last thing we need is watah gettin' inta th' bloody ship. Put yahr backs into it!" Jun 23, 2020 at 7:09 p.m.
Ciocan grips the wheel and keeps the ship steady, its not too long til the storm is upon them as rain starts to pour down and the wind picks up, the hares getting the sails down do have a bit of a time doing it but they get them all safely down just in the nik of time , just as the waves and wind pick up by a good deal and the the afternoon suddely starts to look like it's nighttime. The badger gets more of a grip on the wheel and focus on just keeping the ship steady and shows he still has his skills of a captain even if its been some seasons since he has been at sea, this ship is bigger than his but he can stil sail it in the storm. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:16 p.m.
Keldorn makes sure to check that things are tied down well, one barrel does get loose as he mutters to himself as the storm gets worse now and he is getting soaked with water. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:17 p.m.
Donica slowly makes her way over to where a private hurt thier paw when getting the sails down, "Its not...too bad sprang maybe...ohhhh"She about falls towards teh railing if she wasn't grabed by the private she was helping, she shivers but gets out a "T...T..thank you" Jun 23, 2020 at 7:18 p.m.
Rufus yarks loudly "Rufus not like storms..storms are evil evil things"He puffs out as water soaks him, so much for staying dry right now, he would go to the crow nest but...seeing lightning...nope. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:19 p.m.
Varus grips a railing, and keeps barking out orders loudly over the din of the storm. "Right-o, now tha' ev'rythin's tied down, the lot o' ya... Get down below. We can't afford t' have anybeasts swept ovahboard! You, too, Donica. Get below deck, right now!" Jun 23, 2020 at 7:22 p.m.
Ciocan focus on keeping the ship steady and moveing the wheel when needed, remembering when he had learned what he was told to do if ever came across a storm, he had before but this one was starting to be worse than that one.He snorts as a wave goes across where he is and water half soaks him as he shaakes off a little water he stays focus as the wave and wind fight him for control of the ship. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:29 p.m.
Keldorn starts to head to the trapdoor to go below when the water manages to wash him almost to the railing, he tries to stand and fails as waves rock the ship back and forth,up and down anyone below likely is surely not feeling well if not use to this sort of thing. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
Donica ears flatten as she is closer, she sees Keldorn and frowns "Keldorn!!!"She shivers a little and coughs a little but makes it below deck, a small bit of water does as well but not much at all if anything a couple beasts are now a little wet "Sorry"She says softly,"Anyone need a healer down here?" Jun 23, 2020 at 7:31 p.m.
Rufus has found a fairly good place to huddle down and watch the storm. he puffs out and shakes his head..he is a sea bird he knows it's far from over with. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:32 p.m.
Varus sees Keldorn almost get swept overboard, and he makes his way toward the shrew to grab him. "Nope, not this time, wot! I think Lord Ciocan 'as ev'rythin' undah control up 'ere, so we're goin' below. C'mon now..." Jun 23, 2020 at 7:35 p.m.
Ciocan has all his attention on making sure the ship stays steady, that it doesn't get turned over by any rough waves, it seems he almost loses control of the ship once but then the ship is steady once more or as steady as it's going to get in the storm.He frowns as he can't see a thing and is glad they are out in the middle of no where so there is no worry on hidden dangers like rocks right now. Rain pours down and wind howls, thunder and lightning . Jun 23, 2020 at 7:41 p.m.
Keldorn reachs out to Adrian "Sounds...good to me sur" He is very willing to go below deck where most are right now. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:41 p.m.
Donica frowns as she makes sure all is ok down below, someone got a elbow bumped, other than that all seems well, maybe some scared but other wise things are good down below. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:42 p.m.
Rufus darts to another barrel and another and about gets blown backwards before finding another corner to huddle into, feathers out of place as he is not a happy bird at all. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:43 p.m.
Varus gets down belowdecks with Keldorn, and he looks around, counting heads. "Looks like ev'rybeast is accounted for, wot. 'Opefully this bloody storm will pass quickly..." Jun 23, 2020 at 7:47 p.m.
Ciocan looks around, some of the rain has died down but the wind is still fairly bad and his paws are starting to grow tried and be a little sore and stiff from hlding on to the wheel and keeping things fairly steady in the storm. The wind starts to slow a little finally as well but it's still a bad storm, the badger takes a morment to glace around to get his bearings as it gets to be a little less dark now, looking at the compass he frowns and mutters something and then almost loses his balance as a large wave hits the ship,but he keeps it aflaot and snorts as it steadys out again as the storm prooves its not done yet. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:51 p.m.
Keldorn nods, he whoas and holds onto something "Yes, the storm being over quickly will be much welcome and let's hope here is no others" Jun 23, 2020 at 7:52 p.m.
Donica frowns "I..don't..."She gets to where she can throw up and coughs, "I dont want one again...not at all"He groans and she was just starting to get over all this get your sea legs bussiness. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:53 p.m.
Rufus finally makes it to where he can sort of be close to Ciocan, the wind decides to help the bird in a non friendly well as the bird yarks loudly and basiclaly hits the side of the railing and rolls onto his back, hemanages to get to where he can crawl to a small little corner under a step that leads to where the ships wheel is, ok he is staying here till the storm stops. Jun 23, 2020 at 7:55 p.m.
Varus grabs Donica to steady her. He's not seemingly affected at all. "Y' need t' get used t' this sorta thing, lass. Nevah know when you'll be called upon to go on a sea voyage like this..." Jun 23, 2020 at 7:58 p.m.
Ciocan hears Rufus but he can't go check on him right now he stilll as ship to make sure it doesnt over turn in the sea, he frowns at the compass again but after another hour the wind and rain finally start to calm down and the waves become less violent and more at peace ever so slowly. The skies start to be less dark as the rain is starting to be more of a shower, so the badger starts to relax a little but is still on his gaurd in case a random wave or wind blows, but he looks very tried now, soaked and shivering some from the rain as it has gotten cold a little. Jun 23, 2020 at 8:02 p.m.
Keldorn frowns as he looks around and waits "Hmmm it seems like it is slowing finally now, should anyone look on deck?" Jun 23, 2020 at 8:07 p.m.
Donica sits "The patrol doesnt go to sea very much, does it?" She is new so she can ask questions, she smiles as teh boat starts to be less rocky now. Jun 23, 2020 at 8:08 p.m.
Rufus shakes his head and sits up from where he is under that step, as the rain and wind slows he starts to pern a few messed up feathers and moves a wing a little with a slight yark...ok a wing may be sprang, but least seems to not be broken. Jun 23, 2020 at 8:09 p.m.
Varus answers Donica, "Not too often, but, as y' c'n see, it does 'appen... This is mah third sea voyage, actually. I'm more 'n used t' it by now..." Jun 23, 2020 at 8:13 p.m.
The storm has lasted about an hour and a half of poring rain, strong winds, large waves and the rocking of the ship at times but the ship was mostly held steady in the storm. Jun 23, 2020 at 8:15 p.m.
Braced against a beam below deck Terrence crouches, his head in his paws as he waits out the storm. Jun 23, 2020 at 8:16 p.m.
Keldorn looks around as he seems to start to venture up above but seems unsure just yet"So is de worse over now?" Jun 23, 2020 at 8:16 p.m.
Donica frowns "I think I will...stay right here for now, thanks though" Jun 23, 2020 at 8:17 p.m.
Rufus shakes his head and slowly comes out of hideing and looks back and forth, he is a bit soaked and has to dry before he does much of anything. Jun 23, 2020 at 8:19 p.m.
Varus makes his way toward Terrence. "Sahgeant... 'Ow are y' holdin' up, lad?" Jun 23, 2020 at 8:20 p.m.
"Surprisingly well, all things considered..." Terrence looks like he's about to pass out - he had taken the earlier morning watch the previous night and had been trying to catch up on sleep when the storm hit. Unsurprisingly, he hasn't slept a wink; and this shows when his eyes drift shut and he falls asleeps were he sits, head resting against the beam. Jun 23, 2020 at 8:23 p.m.
Ciocan has kept the ship steady in the storm, his captain skills being put to the test and he passed it well, he looses his grip on the wheel as the rain and wind slows to more of a bit of a shower and looks around as its a lot more light now, checks the compass and looks tried and worn out from keeping the ship steady in the storm. He is also soaked from the rain so shivering slightly from that. Jun 23, 2020 at 8:23 p.m.
Keldorn decides to check above deck peeking out and taking note teh rain is slowed by a great deal and makes his way carefully over to where Ciocan is, he frowns a little "Ciocan....ya ok?" Jun 23, 2020 at 8:25 p.m.
Donica stays below deck, checking on beasts down here as thats where most is...most seem well, a couple shaken up, a bumped elbow from ealier and one triped and hurt an ankle, but other wise nothing serious as some sea sickness is normal for ones unuse to this sort of travel. Jun 23, 2020 at 8:27 p.m.
Rufus tilts his head and looks at the badger "Bunny lord is okies?" He would frown, he looks at the shrew "Maybe shrew take over wheel ya ya?" Jun 23, 2020 at 8:27 p.m.
Varus heads up on deck as well, and looks around, then frowns. "Are we still on course? Hahd t' tell wi' all th' bloomin' clouds..." Jun 23, 2020 at 8:30 p.m.
Ciocan is clearly worn out, he seems to debate and then after a morment or two lets Keldorn at the wheel as he looks unsteady on his footpaws and lays a paw on the railing the other looks at the compass with a frown, "Might be.....off...off course." Keeping the ship steady in the storm took great skill that he indeed showed, also took a lot out of him too as he stumbles slightly to sit on the stairs, still shivering from the soaked fur and clothing. Jun 23, 2020 at 8:33 p.m.
Keldorn takes over the wheel and frowns, "Someone might want to help Lord Ciocan to the captains room."He can check on the compass as he hmmms and scans where they are, "May be able to...better tell when its night, if stars are out then...but it does look like that storm blew us off course, how far not sure yet" Jun 23, 2020 at 8:36 p.m.
Donica has checked on beasts below and wasn't but maybe one other hare on deck and they are fine, they have been threw a storm before they just didnt get below deck on time, she makes her way over to Ciocan to check on him .She nods "Yeah...that be goood getting him inside, he needs rest and..dry clothing, and a towel please...couple towels" There is likely a way to safely warm the captains quarters once there thats ship safe anyways as she knows nothing on ships at all. Jun 23, 2020 at 8:39 p.m.
Rufus wing is sprang but it looks less messed up of feathers as he perns some and smooths them out, he tests it and grumbles "Rufus no fly for few days...is annoying, is not good..."But then again he likes the hares food, he looks over at Ciocan ,tilting his head"Bunny Lord need nap ya ya...nap be good" Jun 23, 2020 at 8:40 p.m.
Varus nods, and has several Privates help him escort the Badger Lord to his quarters. "We can't see th' stars through the clouds, though..." Jun 23, 2020 at 8:41 p.m.
Ciocan stands slowly and allows the help to the captains quarters, once there whom ever the ships main healer is will make sure he gets into some dry night clothing,after they help him get as dry and he is gonna get right now, some blnakets and warm soup is good, as well as some tea. Jun 23, 2020 at 8:46 p.m.
Keldorn frowns "True, the clouds are not going to go away anytime soon, but least the worse of the weather is gone." He sighs "We have the compass, the maps might help but I know we didnt have any as far north as your Badger Lord wanted...still not sure where we may be ending up, an only clue was ...north after we went west so far...till the skies clears enough and...."He frowns at the sea gull "He can do a little flying we may be a bit...stuck for now" Jun 23, 2020 at 8:49 p.m.
Donica does help get Ciocan inside his room and then comes back out, she goes to check on Rufus, though is a little uneasy around the bird but still, she will check on him"You seemed to of...hurt your wing, may I please look?" Jun 23, 2020 at 8:50 p.m.
Rufus puffs out at the hare maid and then relaxes some "Is fine.."He puts wing out a little furtehr and then yarks "Ok...not too fine but not bad either..wing need rest ya, then can soar and fly once more!" Jun 23, 2020 at 8:51 p.m.
Varus leans against the railing, and sighs. "Well, this could set us back quite a bit. Let us 'ope not..." Jun 23, 2020 at 8:55 p.m.
"Lets hope thats the only bad storm"A voice says, it's Matilda.She made sure all the ones that came with her were below and fine before coming up to the main deck . Jun 23, 2020 at 8:58 p.m.
Keldorn nods "Not much we can do"He waves to Matilda as he came up here a short whie before she did "Yes surely dont need a storm, it likely affected the slavers ship as well though" Jun 23, 2020 at 8:59 p.m.
Donica sits down and folds her paws in her lap "Just so we don't get lost, how do beasts even travel the seas anyways?" Jun 23, 2020 at 9 p.m.
Varus frowns, and scans the horizon. "Absolutely nothin'. We could be anywhere, t' be honest." Jun 23, 2020 at 9:13 p.m.
(Matilda nods "Well ...we hope for the best then that storm could of turned out a lot worse also, ships have been known to have trouble, we seemed to avoid a great deal of the trouble.") Jun 23, 2020 at 9:16 p.m.
Keldorn nods "We did yes...I am sure we will get back on course soon, it may take a day or two,who knows maybe we are not as far off as we think" Jun 23, 2020 at 9:17 p.m.
Donica looks over a railing at the water, and up at the sky "The sea makes no sense..."Thats all she has to say about it. Jun 23, 2020 at 9:18 p.m.
(Matilda chuckles a little "I can agree on that but maybe it makes sense to those use to it"But she is concerned on just where they are she just hides it, she excuses herself to go back below deck, its getting late and she is tried.) Jun 23, 2020 at 9:30 p.m.
Keldorn is right now at the wheel of the ship, keeping an eye on things though it is cloudly so he seems annoyed Jun 23, 2020 at 11:54 p.m.
Keldorn is at the wheel , the seas are calm right now and not too much is going on, just quiet really and the day is mostly sunny right now. Jun 24, 2020 at 8:26 p.m.
Rufus has stayed close to the stairs that is close to where the ships wheel is, he peeks out and tests his wing "Wing better....but no fly yet" He looks to see who is wake. Jun 24, 2020 at 8:28 p.m.
Caleb would slowly come up on deck, letting the sun hit his fur. He's missing his jacket and wearing some shorts, just having his shield and sword on him. He heads over towards the wheel and gives Keldorn a wave, holding up his pad to show the shrew. "Hello Keldorn... how are you faring?" Jun 24, 2020 at 8:32 p.m.
Keldorn nods "I am fine just helping to sail while Lord Ciocan gets some rest." Jun 24, 2020 at 8:33 p.m.
Rufus slowly moves over to them as he looks back and forth between them"Rufud stilll no fly yet bt when do...will help find what ever needed ya ya..." Jun 24, 2020 at 8:34 p.m.
Caleb blinks and looks up at the gull, tilting his head a bit. He remembered the bird from when he was at Sala but didn't really talk. However he just waves and writes some more for Keldorn. "So... is it hard to steer?" Jun 24, 2020 at 8:37 p.m.
Keldorn looks at the writteing and smiles "Depends, when its calm its good....that storm....no it was hard then for sure, even an expercinced beast can have trouble in a storm, but luckly storms are not too often . And hopefully we dont have to deal with another one while we are on the way or on the way back" Jun 24, 2020 at 8:38 p.m.
Rufus nods a hello and goes to rest in a corner, he should be good to fly in a day or two. Jun 24, 2020 at 8:39 p.m.
"Then... do you think I could possibly try a tiny bit?" He... He's actually seriously. A pretty small field mouse wanting to pilot a giant ship. Jun 24, 2020 at 8:56 p.m.
Keldorn hmmms as he looks at the wheel, its big for the shrew as he is on a step up sort of thing, "Prehaps...I am unsure....and Ciocan is likeing sleeping" Jun 24, 2020 at 8:59 p.m.
"If you believe it's a bad idea then I won't push further... just wanted to try once is all." The mouse only shrugs and puts his pad away, looking out to the sea. Jun 24, 2020 at 9:26 p.m.
Keldorn nods, he smiles a little as he looks at the sea and the compass"We are for sure off course by some, just need to figure out how to get back on course again" Jun 24, 2020 at 9:26 p.m.
DoraRose says, "test" Jun 27, 2020 at 7:32 p.m.
---------DoraRose (Room)---------- Jun 27, 2020 at 8:02 p.m.
The storm was rough and dangerous, causing much chaos and some fear amongst the crew, which is made up mostly of creatures who have never been on the sea before. Additionally, some of the crew was already suffering from seasickness, and the storm only made it that much worse. But now the skies are clear, blue, cloudless, the sun bright and warm. The waves have returned to their gentle lapping, belying the power of their surging during the storm a few days ago. Jun 27, 2020 at 8:02 p.m.
Matilda stands at the rail, taking a short break from helping make sure everything was still in order and, well, ship-shape aboard the good Ship of Valour. A gentle breeze whistles through her quills. So far everything seems fine. No leaks have been reported, the masts don't seem to have sustained any major cracks, none of the rigging snapped. She thanks goodness and the seasons about how lucky they are. She turns back and observes what her crewmates are up to. Jun 27, 2020 at 8:02 p.m.
DoraRose was one of the poor creatures who suffered the worst during the storm. The mouse couldn't even keep water down, she was so seasick. It has taken her this entire time to get her strength back to normal. The Gatekeeper staggers up on deck and makes her way over to a rail, leaning over the side and staring miserably at the horizon, certain that another storm is just around the corner to send them to her graves. "I hate sailing," she mumbles. Jun 27, 2020 at 8:02 p.m.
Felicity has been doing remarkably well during this adventure, all things considering. No seasickness, no dizziness, no nausea. However, she is having to deal with some sloppy Privates, and that's kind of making this voyage a lot less fun. "PUT THOSE PINS BACK WHERE Y'GOT 'EM!" She roars at the hapless Privates, who are moving a bunch of belaying pins and ropes to the other end of the ship, trying to be helpful. "NOBEAST TOLD Y'T'MOVE THOSE! PUT 'EM BACK WHERE Y'GOT 'EM THIS INSTANT, OR Y' EAHS ARE GOIN' ON TH'FIZZAH, WOT!!" The Privates hurry to obey, bumping into each other and dropping the pins all over the deck. The Sergeant sighs. And they were brought on the ship why, now? Jun 27, 2020 at 8:02 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 27, 2020 at 8:02 p.m.
Keldorn walks onto the main deck and smiles a little "The sea isn't...always unfriendly just at..times" Jun 27, 2020 at 8:05 p.m.
Varus harrumps. Naturally, he looks fine. Completely unperturbed. As if this voyage is a regular jaunt for the older hare. "Not ev'rybeast c'n 'old down their bloomin' lunch," he declares. "Yahr too green, lass. Too green." He nods sagely. Jun 27, 2020 at 8:08 p.m.
---------Ciocan (Room)---------- Jun 27, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
Oswald currently has the wheel, the grey shrew standing with one hand resting lightly on the large wheel as the Valour speeds along, the sails full of the wind carrying them onward, following the course Ciocan has been laying in for them. The bells in his braids are tinkling gently as they are caught in the wind from behind and, the large hat he is wearing to keep the sun off matching his great coat beautifully. Jun 27, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
Jun 27, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
The door to Ciocan's cabin opens and the captain and badger lord steps out, he was going over his charts but with all the noise he has come to investigate. He pauses and watches Felicity for a long moment, "Volume please Felicity, regardless of what they did wrong there is no need to shout as if this was the drill hall back home." Jun 27, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
Jun 27, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
He then turns to the poor privates, "Would one of you care to explain why you thought you needed to move those? I can then explain to you all why they are where they are. That way you will all know for next time." Jun 27, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
----------Done +paste----------- Jun 27, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
Donica is just, right now not much but looking at the miles and miles of water "So..where are we?" She glaces over as Ciocan comes out of the captains room, but stays where she is for now unless she is needed. Jun 27, 2020 at 8:13 p.m.
Caleb would take a few moments to help clean up the deck and make some necessary repairs, following orders as they were given. While he worked, the mouse kept an eye on everything that went on the deck. He wanted to make sure no one was starting fights, trying to keep the peace as best as a mute mouse could. Caleb would eventually stumble upon D.R and Varus and come over to the hare, tapping him on the side and shaking his head rapidly. He was basically trying to signal to the hare that... well, that's a road he doesn't wanna go on. Jun 27, 2020 at 8:14 p.m.
Rufus is close to where Oswald is, he has yet to try and fly since his wing was sprang during the storm. Jun 27, 2020 at 8:15 p.m.
**** OOC: POSE ORDER: dorarose+friends, keldorn, varus, ciocan+friends, donica, caleb, rufus :) BIC: **** Jun 27, 2020 at 8:16 p.m.
---------DoraRose (Room)---------- Jun 27, 2020 at 8:30 p.m.
Matilda nods to Keldorn and makes her way over to him. "Aye. I've never been sailing on the ocean before, but I grew up on the Eastern coast. We lived through many a fierce storm, though I didn't find them as nerve wracking as the one we just sailed through. Being on the water in the middle of a storm is very different from being safely on land." Jun 27, 2020 at 8:30 p.m.
DoraRose turns her gaze towards the hare, blue eyes glinting murderously. "/Excuse me??/" she says, clutching the railing with her right paw, her left arm still in its sling, where it belongs for another week or 2. "Green, did you say?" She pushes herself away from the railing, swaying as she tries to not be sick or fall over. "Not everybeast is cut out to sail, and YOU would do well to not be so SMUG about it, cottontail! If we were on land-" she grimaces as a wave of nausea washes over her "-I'd challenge you to a contest. I'm no greenhorn." Jun 27, 2020 at 8:30 p.m.
Felicity scowls slightly, but only nods at the Badger Lord. The Privates shuffle around a little and look at each other. "Uh, um, Sah, we, uh, we jus' thought th' storm 'ad moved it all, so we were gonna put 'em all togethah so, y'know, they'd all be in 1 place an' easy t'find." All the other Privates nod in agreement. The Sergeant can't contain herself, although she does refrain from yelling. "But none o' y' 'as evah been on a ship afore, so whot possessed y't'think y'knew whot y'were doin'??" Jun 27, 2020 at 8:30 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 27, 2020 at 8:30 p.m.
Keldorn nods "I have been on de sea before, not the....well best time in my life" He seems to not want to share why either as he looks over the waters quietly"And it wasn't this area of the sea I was on..don't think anyways" Jun 27, 2020 at 8:34 p.m.
Varus points at the mouse's face. "Yahr lit'rally green in th' face, lass. Y' should speak to our 'ealahs. They 'ave a remedy f'r seasickness, y'know..." He nods again, then directs his attention to the badger lord. "Sah," he says. Jun 27, 2020 at 8:38 p.m.
---------Ciocan (Room)---------- Jun 27, 2020 at 8:44 p.m.
Oswald shifts at his place at the wheel and turns, "Dora, Valus, I don't know what is going on back there but if you make me call the captain to break up a fight he'll have you both scrubbing the bilges... we're on a rescue mission to save children, not bicker amongst ourselves, so cut it out." Jun 27, 2020 at 8:44 p.m.
Jun 27, 2020 at 8:44 p.m.
Ciocan places a hand on Felicity's shoulder, "They where trying to be helpful lass, didn't you hear them?" he then turns to the privates, "So everyone, the reason we don't put them all in one place is you don't always have time during an emergency." He gestures, "As you can see each tool is together in a little station, everyone on the crew knows if they need a tool where the closest one is." Jun 27, 2020 at 8:44 p.m.
Jun 27, 2020 at 8:44 p.m.
He turns to motion, "SO if you are in the fo'castle I can lay my hands on a tool easily in a moment and not have to hock it half way along the ship to find it. Moving them like that could cause someone to lose a life or the ship to founder when someone could have fixed it in a moment." Jun 27, 2020 at 8:44 p.m.
Jun 27, 2020 at 8:44 p.m.
The badger stands taller and looks around, "Time to give everyone some basic lessons I reckon," he turns, "Oswald you good on the wheel," the shrew nods back and the badger then looks at Varus, "Varus, Dora, Matilda," he raises his voice, "Could you gather your beasts in please on the main deck... I think we should pass out some basic instruction on ship board etiquette." Jun 27, 2020 at 8:44 p.m.
----------Done +paste----------- Jun 27, 2020 at 8:44 p.m.
Donica walks over towards Ciocan to see what is going on and if she is to go anywhere else on the ship,she is willing to help and to learn. Jun 27, 2020 at 8:47 p.m.
Caleb just grumbles and stomps his foot repeatedly since Varus didn't even pay him much mind. He was about try and write something when he heard Ciocan's call, letting off a sigh as he heads over towards the area where everyone else is lining up. At this point he may as well just let them handle it themselves. Jun 27, 2020 at 9:01 p.m.
Rufus glaces over and stands to test his wings a little, it was only the left one that was sprang, he flaps a little and lands roughtly as he puffs up some "Stupid wing, still no fly yet..Rufus shoud be soaring in air not stuck on the boat, yark." Jun 27, 2020 at 9:04 p.m.
---------DoraRose (Room)---------- Jun 27, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
Matilda looks to where the badger is and nods. Smiling at Donica, she walks around a bit to make sure everyone from her party is on deck. They are, so that's helpful. She heads over to the Gatekeeper. "Here, Dora, I'll help you. Don't want you falling, at least not alone." Jun 27, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
Felicity grits her teeth, thinking that the Privates should have known to leave well enough alone! But instead she snaps out a few orders. "Put 'em back where y'got 'em an' 'ead o'er t'th'bloomin' meetin'." After making sure they do as they're told (which they do with alacrity), she stomps over to where everyone is gathering, looking angry and fit to burst! Jun 27, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
DoraRose was literally about to bite the hare's finger (he should NOT have stuck it in her face! That's kind of a no-brainer) when a squeaky, chittering sound akin to laughter interrupts her from the ocean behind and below her. The mouse looks over the side and gasps at what she sees. "Ciocan! You might wanna come take a look at this!" Jun 27, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
In the ocean below is a pod of dolphins. About 10 are at the surface, and many more can be seen below them, appearing from and vanishing into the depths of blue. They have a brown so dark it looks almost black on the upper part of their bodies, including their dorsal fins, with the colour tapering to an end about halfway down their tails. Their stomachs are white, and their beaks and fins are the same colour as their backs. A yellow swatch starts at their eyes and tapers down their bodies. One of the dolphins below leaps above the surface, followed by several others, revealing that the yellow meets a grey that forms the rest of the colour on their tails. Jun 27, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
1 dolphin, bigger than the rest, makes the squeaking sound again, then swims sideways, waving to the creatures aboard the ship. Dora waves back automatically. It's hard to tell with how much they're moving, but there might be upwards of 100 dolphins in this pod, including a number of calves. There may be even more. Jun 27, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 27, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
Keldorn notices the dophins and looks out at them, he tilts his head and blinks...ok so he doesn't know everything out at sea as this is clearly a first,"Umm...what are..those?" Jun 27, 2020 at 9:22 p.m.
Varus had immediately forgotten the mouse he was speaking to as soon as Ciocan called out, but, of course, then the ship is surrounded by... "Dolphins, mah lad. They're called dolphins, an' I ain't seen th' like in many seasons." He's explaining to Keldorn. "They look like fish, but I've it on good authority tha' they aren't... These aren't even th' biggest creatures tha' live in th' sea, eithah..." Jun 27, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
---------Ciocan (Room)---------- Jun 27, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
Ciocan turns and walks over to Dora, leaning over the railing and laughs delightedly, the badger leans forward and calls back, making a chittering sound back at the leading dolphin. He then waves a hand excitedly and moves back. Jun 27, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
Jun 27, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
"Well this is a delight, they are some old friends of mine, everyone not on duty come over and say hello to our friends," he raises a paw and chitters at them some more in greeting, his deep badger voice sounding odd so squeaky. Jun 27, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
----------Done +paste----------- Jun 27, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
Donica walks over to glace at the dophins, "Friends?" She is curious but she doesn't ask further , she has never seen dophins before. Jun 27, 2020 at 9:40 p.m.
Rufus looks over and walks, or sort of walks over to the railing and peeks down, then puffs out and backs up "Very VERY big fishies..Rufus shall...stay away.." He goes to go back to where the steps lead up to the wheel and decides its safer there and....yes a nap is in order, he trusts his...-Bunny Lord- friend but he will just stay over here thank you very much. Jun 27, 2020 at 9:46 p.m.
Caleb would stand at attention with the others as he waited for instructions... at least he listened unlike the privates. However the squeaking caught his ear and he headed over towards the railing, trying to push past people so that he could climb up and see. When he was able to, the mouse Jun 27, 2020 at 9:47 p.m.
The mouse would gasp and smile brightly, taking out his pad to start sketching the dolphins as they passed. Jun 27, 2020 at 9:48 p.m.
---------DoraRose (Room)---------- Jun 27, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
Matilda looks over the edge, smiling. "Oh, they would sometimes visit the waters near my village. They love to play." She is proven correct as the dolphins all duck below the surface, their squeaks almost inaudible as the water deadens them. Then the pod seems to scatter, but in actuality they're just surrounding the ship completely, every single individual rising to the surface around the vessel in a series of leaps, summersaults, and spray from their blowholes. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
The king squeaks and rises out of the water, dancing back on his tail in delight to see his badger friend. Then with a graceful jump and twist, he dives back below the water and swims back to the ship. The beasts on the ship don't need to crowd on just 1 side -- the whole pod is squeaking and clicking at them from literally every side. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
DoraRose's grin is the biggest anyone has seen since before the Dibbuns were kidnapped. "They're beautiful -- aw, look at the babies!" Most of the calves are hopping around, eager to make new friends and show off how well they can swim. A few stick by their mothers, however, seeming shy at these new creatures they've never seen before. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
Felicity can feel her anger melting as she watches them play. "They seem so 'appy...makes me kinda wish I was a dolphin..." All told, there are about 250 individuals in this pod, with about 30 of them being calves. They squeak and wave at the beasts on the ship, doing tricks just because they want to, and because they like making their new friends smile. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
The dolphin king resurfaces, squeaking questions at the Badger Lord as his subjects continue to cavort around on the surface of the sea. Why are they out here in dolphin domain? Where are they trying to go? How is the badger, anyway? It's been far too long! The badger is probably the only creature on the whole ship who has any idea what the dolphins are saying. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 27, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
Keldorn is just finding this all intresting "Dophins?" He asks and looks back at them"Least they are friends and not enemies so that's good" He nods "Happy is good....maybe they can help us somehow" Jun 27, 2020 at 10:05 p.m.
Varus recognizes the Dolphin King as well, but unfortunately he never quite got the jist of their language. It's been many, many seasons since he last saw them with his own eyes. "Aye, they're a charmin' bunch, t' be sure. Good beasts, they are..." Jun 27, 2020 at 10:11 p.m.
---------Ciocan (Room)---------- Jun 27, 2020 at 10:12 p.m.
Oswald remains at the wheel, occasionally calling out orders to others on the crew, snapping out instructions to people he needs to actually work on the ship as they he has to keep the ship on its way. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:12 p.m.
Jun 27, 2020 at 10:12 p.m.
Ciocan siles at Donica and Dora and well everyone, "They are old friends, from when I used to sail the seas." he leans down and clicks back at the Dolphin King, <We seek another boat, a vessel crewed by a fox and rats, they stole our children and we know they sail to the north, have your people seen them?> Jun 27, 2020 at 10:12 p.m.
----------Done +paste----------- Jun 27, 2020 at 10:12 p.m.
Donica smiles , she watches the dophins and relaxes knowing they are freinds and can hopefully help them get back on track and closer to the other ship they seek."They are so..friendly and nice" Jun 27, 2020 at 10:13 p.m.
Caleb keeps sketching the dolphins as they pass through, seeming to not really notice anyone around him. After a few moments, the mouse smiles brightly and shows off what he had drawn... It's actually well made for being of charcoal and such and shows all the dolphins around the waves. He seemed especially excited to show it to Matilda and DoraRose... still a kid at heart Jun 27, 2020 at 10:18 p.m.
---------DoraRose (Room)---------- Jun 27, 2020 at 10:41 p.m.
Matilda looks at the young mouse's drawing. "That's amazing, Caleb! I wish I could draw like that -- you captured them perfectly! It's beautiful." Jun 27, 2020 at 10:41 p.m.
DoraRose looks at the drawing, as well, smiling softly, if a little sadly. "Indeed, Caleb, you have a special talent. That is absolutely beautiful. I kind of wish my daughter was here -- she would love to draw them, too. Mayhap when we get home, you could show her. I'm sure she'd love to draw with you." Jun 27, 2020 at 10:41 p.m.
Felicity smiles as she watches a couple of calves play with each other, splashing and causing a ruckus. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:41 p.m.
The king listens carefully, but when the badger mentions the ship, all the happiness and playfulness vanish from him and the 10 dolphins floating directly around him. The king describes the exact ship they are following, asking the badger if that's the one he means, and the nearby mothers squeak in alarm. Within only a few seconds, every mother has vanished into the blue depths with her calf. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:41 p.m.
The Dolphin King shakes his head rapidly from side to side, telling the badger that he is very brave to be following the ship to the Island of Death. Is he sure he wants to go? Only sorrow, death, and pain await those who arrive there. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:41 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 27, 2020 at 10:41 p.m.
Keldorn blinks "What happen, some of them suddenly seem..scared?" He seems concerned as he looks around and waits to see what the reply is. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:47 p.m.
Varus leans against the rail. Definitely some form of bad news, he can tell by their body language. He remains silent as the atmosphere turns more tense. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:50 p.m.
---------Ciocan (Room)---------- Jun 27, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
Ciocan frowns down at the Dolphin King and listens to the King, he tilts his head listening. He asks the King a couple of questions about the "Island of Death" number of suns for swimming there and the direction. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
Jun 27, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
"I am sorry for the seals who lived there, but yes.... if you will excuse me my friends, please if you would spend some time with my friends here..." Jun 27, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
Jun 27, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
The badger walks into his room and stares at the maps, working something out with string and ruler and protractor. Once he is sure of the island he sits down, letting everyone have some more time with the dolphins and enjoying them. He does move to the window and open it, talking to one of the Dolphins and having the king swim around to his window so he can thank him for the information. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
----------Done +paste----------- Jun 27, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
Donica frowns but just watches the dophins curious now but doesn't ask whats the matter, she assumes it's not a good answer and will wait to see whats gonna happen next. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:57 p.m.
Caleb seems to be pretty happy as DoraRose and Matilda congratulate him for doing well with his draw. He had learned how to over the years of travel. Upon hearing that D.R. had a daughter, he seemed surprised but shook it off quick. He would just make sure to keep it in mind and put away his drawing, looking to everyone else. As he heard of the name when Ciocan spoke of it, his face seemed to change... Caleb remembered now that where they are going is an important mission. To save the Dibbuns from such a place... he had to be ready, going back to thinking while he looked at the dolphins. Jun 27, 2020 at 11:09 p.m.
**** OOC: revised POSE ORDER: dorarose, varus, ciocan [until he leaves], donica, caleb :) BIC: **** Jun 27, 2020 at 11:13 p.m.
---------DoraRose (Room)---------- Jun 27, 2020 at 11:23 p.m.
The Dolphin King will continue to speak with the Badger Lord, giving him any more information he requires now that he sees that the badger is set upon his quest. After a bit of coaxing, the mothers bring their calves back up to the surface, and the young dolphins go back to playing, some of the shy ones even joining in now, although they don't show off as much as the others. Jun 27, 2020 at 11:23 p.m.
Matilda frowns. "I wonder why the mothers hid their calves like that. It was almost as if...well, as if they're worried about the slavers, too. I wonder if the dolphins have been harmed by them, or if some other sea creature has been?" Those on the ship have no way to really know one way or the other, seeing as how their only translator is now holed up in his cabin. Jun 27, 2020 at 11:23 p.m.
DoraRose nods, blue eyes hard. "Aye.....we /have/ to find them. Stop them before they hurt any more creatures. Just look at those Dibbuns," she gestures at the happy young dolphins. "We have to stop these slavers so they can live in a world where nobeast will even think of hurting them. If these monsters would kidnap our Dibbuns and killed little Burfy, what's to say they wouldn't try to kill or kidnap a dolphin, too?" Jun 27, 2020 at 11:23 p.m.
Felicity watches the dolphins as they continue to play, smiling sadly as she thinks of many things. She really does wish she could be a dolphin. Jun 27, 2020 at 11:23 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 27, 2020 at 11:23 p.m.
Varus frowns grimly. He debates going to knock on Ciocan's door, but thinks better of it. Jun 27, 2020 at 11:25 p.m.
Caleb still thinks of what to really do. Since there was still some repairs to be made he would wander off to go do those, but he did have one thought on his head: He really wanted to go swim with the dolphins... maybe one day. Either way, the mouse takes up some tools and gets back to work, waving to Dora and Matilda as he heads off. He'll be around. Jun 27, 2020 at 11:50 p.m.
---------DoraRose (Room)---------- Jun 28, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
As the dolphins continue to play around the ship, waiting for their king to finish his conversation with the Badger Lord, Felicity spots some of the Privates peeling out of their jackets. "An' jus' whot d'y'think y'up to?" "We're gonna go swim wi' th'dolphins!" "Y'll do no such thing! We don't know whot othah creatahs might be down thah, an' we can't ask th'dolphins t'keep y'safe when they 'ave their young ones t'keep track of! Nah get back in uniform this instant!!" Jun 28, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
DoraRose continues to watch the dolphins, their happy playfulness distracting her from her seasickness, her worry over the Dibbuns, and her loneliness over missing her family back home in Redwall. Jun 28, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
Matilda waves to the dolphins and follows the younger mouse. "And how are you today, Caleb? You seem pretty happy." Jun 28, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 28, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
Varus takes up with Felicity. "Right, y' sorry lot... Y'r gonna swab th' deck. C'mon, right now!" Jun 28, 2020 at 12:02 a.m.
There is suddenly a strange presence felt up on the deck of the ship, and if one happened to look over towards the entrance leading down to the galley, they would see a pair of icy eyes gleaming in the shadows. Soon, a large hare slowly emerges from the darkness, his expression a grim one as he trudges his way onto the deck of the ship. He immediately makes his way over towards the railing on the starboard side, and he positions himself there, gaze lifting and looking out over the waves. Since arriving on the ship, aside from a brief conversation with Felicity, Dom hadn't really spoken much, if at all. His attention was laser focused on the task at hand, and what they'd end up finding on the island they were sailing towards. Needless to say, unless one actually knew him and his behaviors, he doesn't seem like the most approachable of hares at the moment. Jun 28, 2020 at 12:04 a.m.
Donica was being quiet as she started to head towards.....where Domink was and then quikly backs back up and frowns Jun 28, 2020 at 12:09 a.m.
Caleb is currently fixing up a small hole that was on deck, making sure it was patched fully. As Matilda came into view he'd give her a small wave and smile before pulling out his pad to write on. "I've been trying my hardest to keep the peace... I figured that since dad is leaving his warrior life behind, I can possibly take up his mantle as leader of the Defenders. Or at least learn to help protect the Abbey... I also still want to get into tea making." Jun 28, 2020 at 12:13 a.m.
---------DoraRose (Room)---------- Jun 28, 2020 at 12:30 a.m.
The Privates were about to complain, but then the Major gets involved and they quietly put their jackets back on and go to get the buckets and mops and stuff to swab the deck with. Felicity scowls at them as they wander off. "Seriously, 'tis like they've nevah 'eard o' askin' first, sah..." She has -- horror of horrors! -- not yet noticed her friend, the arctic hare. Jun 28, 2020 at 12:30 a.m.
DoraRose, however, has. Having recognized him from descriptions the Sergeant has given her, she staggers over to him, trying to not be seasick (seriously, she is SO DONE with that). She reaches the rail beside him and leans over it just as a pair of dolphin calves, perturbed to be having one of the Furry Creatures ignoring them, squeak and click obnoxiously, shooting water at the hare (which of course falls far short of soaking him), trying to get him to pay attention to them. Their mothers appear to be chastising them, but so far the mother dolphins are being ignored. Jun 28, 2020 at 12:30 a.m.
Matilda smiles, but shakes her head. "You can not /keep/ peace, Caleb. You can only bring it back once it's gone." She gestures at the others on the deck with them. "There will always be conflicts, and if we try to prevent them, we only keep beasts from being able to grow, and from learning how to communicate in a way that is constructive. We need to allow conflicts to occur, no matter how frightening or painful they may be, while also trying to figure out how to say what we mean in a way that doesn't hurt others." She cocks an eyebrow. "And what's this about making tea?" Jun 28, 2020 at 12:30 a.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 28, 2020 at 12:30 a.m.
Varus nods firmly at the recalcitrant hares. "Right, put yahr back into it. I want this deck t' spahkle, wot. An' don't touch *anythin'* else, eithah... Not without askin' first! Right... Get on wi' it..." Jun 28, 2020 at 12:40 a.m.
Dominik notices someone approaching him out of the corner of his eye, in his peripheral vision, and the buck slowly turns his head and peers down at Dora as she reaches the railing beside him and leans over it. He stares at her, expressionless for a few moments, and his head tilts just a little, perhaps in a curious gesture more than anything. A veeeery slight tinge of amusement flickers upon his stoic features as he notices the mouse's condition, the edges of his muzzle curling just slightly into a quick approximation of a smile, before just as quickly disappearing. Before he can speak, the dolphin calves do happen to capture his attention, and his eyes shift down in that direction. He chuckles as he watches their attempts to squirt him with water, and the large hare simply leans there on the railing and observes the creatures playing and swimming about. It had been a long time since he'd seen dolphins, and they always seemed to amuse him. "...sometimes, vish Dom could svim like them..." he replies, softly. Jun 28, 2020 at 12:42 a.m.
"I just... want to make sure everyone can stay happy and such. But you are right... it needs to happen and all that. Also, Xander said he wanted to teach me how to make tea. It was something my mother loved to do but I never learned." He seemed... a bit sad to bring her up but his smile came back. "I would just want a hobby to try and have something to do around the Abbey besides helping to protect it." Jun 28, 2020 at 12:45 a.m.
---------DoraRose (Room)---------- Jun 28, 2020 at 1 a.m.
The Privates are busy swabbing the deck under the watchful gazes of the Major and Felicity. The haremaid scowls, fists on hips. "Oy, be careful 'ow y'swing tha' mop about....oh, f'r th'love," she mutters as 1 of the Privates does indeed manage to not look where he was wielding his mop and jabs his fellow hare in the head. That hare starts shouting, and within 2 blinks of an eye it has turned into an all-out fist fight. The Sergeant hops over and starts trying to separate them, but it's not working very well, mostly because the injured one is biting the other one's ear. The other Privates quietly place a few bets on how this is all gonna work out. So far, they think Felicity will win. Jun 28, 2020 at 1 a.m.
The mousewife smiles and waves to the calves, who are finally listening to their mothers scolding them. "They are such playful creatures. Maybe we'll meet them on the way back and we can swim with them then....when we're not in so much of a hurry." She turns to him and holds out a paw. "I'm DoraRose Strongheart, Gatekeeper of Redwall." Jun 28, 2020 at 1 a.m.
Matilda nods. "I can understand why you would want everyone around you happy. It can create a lot of anxiety when beasts one cares about are upset with each other." She smiles. "And a hobby would be good. I like to help brew the drinks in Redwa Jun 28, 2020 at 1 a.m.
The hedgehog looks out at the horizon as she thinks for a moment, then shrugs and shakes her head. "Anyway....the point is, having a hobby is a wonderful aspiration. What was your favourite of the teas your mother made?" She knows it might make him sad, but she also knows that remembering good things about those you love can help make the pain of them being gone not hurt so badly. Jun 28, 2020 at 1 a.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 28, 2020 at 1 a.m.
Donica decides to do some chores quietly, its been an intresting day so far for her. Jun 28, 2020 at 1:03 a.m.
"F'R TH' LOVE O' SANITY! CEASE YAHR FIGHTIN'! NOW!" Varus literally bellows it out, loud enough that even the dolphins in the ocean can probably hear it. Most of the other hares on deck stop, and a few of them go pale and gulp. A yelling Major Varus Swiftbuck is a thing you do NOT want to experience, if you can avoid it. "YOU LOT AREN'T FIT T' BE PATROLLAHS, WOT! LINE UP! DROP YAHR MOPS, AN' EV'RYONE O' Y'... GIMME 100. NOW!" Jun 28, 2020 at 1:09 a.m.
Dominik chuckles at Dora's words, the hare shifting his gaze back down to her. "Hmm. Dom vould likely sink, vould be too heavy to svim," he replies, and it's hard to discern whether or not he's joking. He peers down at the extended paw aimed in his direction, looking at it for a few moments, before he finally lifts his own hefty paw and envelops the mousemaid's in his. Careful not to squeeze too hard, he gives her paw a hearty shake. "Private Dominik Kasimir, formerly of Northlands, currently of Long Patrol. Is pleasure to meet, DoraRose Strongheart, Gatekeeper of Redwall." That ghost of a smile appears once again, before he releases Dora's paw, and his eyes return to watching the dolphins playing , paws coming to rest on the railing. "Are you feeling better, now? Not as seasick?" He chuckles. "There is trick, you know. Focus eyes on line of horizon. If there is somethink out there to focus on, is better. But if not, just keep eyes fixed on horizon, and vil not feel ill." He turns his head to peer over at the f Jun 28, 2020 at 1:11 a.m.
fight as it happens, and his brow darkens as the large buck shakes his head. "Is no discipline. Dom could make -all- of them decide to never fight each other ever again..." he mutters. "Vould make sure of it." Jun 28, 2020 at 1:11 a.m.
(OOC: This is part of D.R's previous pose, which got cut off >< this is for the radio, which is where the log shall be retrieved from.) * Matilda nods. "I can understand why you would want everyone around you happy. It can create a lot of anxiety when beasts one cares about are upset with each other." She smiles. "And a hobby would be good. I like to help brew the drinks in Redwall. DoraRose....well, actually, Dora does a lot. She is the Gatekeeper, but she also helps with the Dibbuns, reads, helps cook and bake, sews, knits, journals, keeps the Gatehouse and the Gatehouse loft, where she and her daughter live, clean and in order, as well as spend quality time with her friends and family. I'm honestly not sure when she finds time to do it all." Jun 28, 2020 at 1:17 a.m.
Caleb takes a moment to really think it through before writing down some more as he watches the sunset. "My mother's favorite tea that was also mine was jasmine. I also really liked her mint tea... she made both when I was sick cause it made me happy." He seems to be a bit sad of it but nods towards Matilda. Jun 28, 2020 at 1:38 a.m.
Rufus finally ventures out and tries again to fly....he...glides and...he crashes into a barrel,he mutters something and shakes his head, looking at his wing and shakes it out some, it seems he is not sky bound just yet. Jun 28, 2020 at 1:40 a.m.
---------DoraRose (Room)---------- Jun 28, 2020 at 1:41 a.m.
Matilda stays beside Caleb, enjoying the lovely day with him. After reading his note, she smiles softly. "That sounds lovely, Caleb. I've never had jasmine tea, but I'm sure with a name like that, it's wonderful. Do you have any idea what your mother did to make the mint tea so good?" Jun 28, 2020 at 1:41 a.m.
The fighting Privates sullenly do as their told, and the others, while also doing the drills, start to protest that they hadn't done anything. Felicity's ears tremble with rage. "Y'JUS' STOOD BY AN' DID NOTHIN'!! NOW DO AS TH'MAJAH SAYS AN' BE QUIET 'BOUT IT!!" Jun 28, 2020 at 1:41 a.m.
DoraRose smiles. "Well, I'm sure the dolphins would keep you from sinking." She turns back and looks at the horizon. "You can call me Dora or DoraRose, whichever you prefer. Just don't ever call me Rose, and we'll be fine." She wrinkles her nose. "Yeah, and that trick works pretty well, until you have to go to bed. Or there's a storm." She blanches slightly. "But I am starting to feel better, thanks." She glances over at the fight, but is distracted by the gull. "Oh! Goodness, are you alright?" Jun 28, 2020 at 1:41 a.m.
With a squeak and a click, the Dolphin King calls his subjects, and with a flash and a splash, they are swimming away, squeaking their good-byes to their new friends, jumping and breaching and summersaulting as the whole pod, all 250 of them, take their leave, headed south. Soon they are out of sight. Jun 28, 2020 at 1:41 a.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 28, 2020 at 1:41 a.m.
*** OOC: POSE ORDER: varus, dominik, caleb, rufus, dorarose [until she leaves] :) Jun 28, 2020 at 1:46 a.m.
Varus harrumps loudly, and starts counting off the push-ups. He will not leave or stop till they reach 100. Jun 28, 2020 at 1:55 a.m.
Dominik gives Dora a firm nod. "Can call me Dom." He glances back to the formerly scuffling hares, and gives a shake of his head with a sigh. "They tell me I am too rough ven training students. But...if not rough, this is vat happens, yes?" Dom chuckles dryly and glances back to the horizon. "Is glad you are feeling better." He steps back and away from the railing, the large buck giving a nod to Dora, before he begins to head back down into his spot in the galley. "If you vish to chat further, vil be down here." And with that, once again the massive buck is gone into the shadows. Jun 28, 2020 at 1:56 a.m.
Rufus looks at the one who spoke "Rufus is fine.....no need help" His wing us a bit.....he should realy rest it most likely." Wing is good...will fly.....just not now" Cause it's sore to move, it's not broken at least but still. Jun 28, 2020 at 2 a.m.
"She sweetened it a bit with some honey. It tasted nice and honey and mint go together. Not to mention it was her making it that made it that extra special." He chuckles a tad and goes back to fixing stuff, putting his pad away. Jun 28, 2020 at 2:11 a.m.
---------DoraRose (Room)---------- Jun 28, 2020 at 2:16 a.m.
Matilda smiles and stays out to help the young mouse, chatting if he wants to, but also okay with silence. Jun 28, 2020 at 2:16 a.m.
DoraRose watches the Northlands hare go, thinking that, yes, she will make a point to talk to him more. He seems to need it. The Gatekeeper continues to stare out at the horizon, thoughts of things filling her mind. Jun 28, 2020 at 2:16 a.m.
Felicity watches the Privates, then goes and checks on some other hares, making sure they're doing okay and that everything is fine. She then goes down into the hold to check on her arctic friend. Jun 28, 2020 at 2:16 a.m.
The day eventually draws to a close, and eventually all 3 females will head below decks, each wrapped up in her own thoughts, although the hedgehog will be a bit less absorbed than the other 2. Jun 28, 2020 at 2:16 a.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jun 28, 2020 at 2:16 a.m.
Rufus is , one word, stuberon right now and is not letting any hare near him right now,or any others on the ship for that matter, puffing out every time someone does get near and seemly getting more and more grumpy as time passes. Jun 28, 2020 at 4:31 p.m.
Donica sighs "I am not throwing a sheet over it are ya insane?" She asks another hare who thinks this is the best idea ever "Wot it calms birds down..I think".."Ya think?!" Jun 28, 2020 at 4:32 p.m.
Ciocan has listened to the two argue back and forth, even chase the gull a bit and has decided to side out of his quarters and clears his throat for attention. Another beast is in charge of the wheel right now. Jun 28, 2020 at 4:33 p.m.
Rufus watches the hares and puffs out more "Throw something on Rufus...Rufus peck you plentygood!" He turns when he hears the badger. Jun 28, 2020 at 4:34 p.m.
Donica stands up and nods to the badger, sadly the other hare decides let's throw this sheet over the bird while it's distracted! Jun 28, 2020 at 4:35 p.m.
Ciocan looks between the two hares and Rufus "Wot is going on now?"He frowns at the fact the one hare is paying him no attention at all and snorts, and sighs as the sheet is throw towards the gull."Private Rick!" Jun 28, 2020 at 4:37 p.m.
Rufus prooves just how bad an idea the sheet was as it does far from calm him, in fact it causes loud yarking and flapping and cuss words thats clearly something the gull learned off pirate ships statined at Halyard! Jun 28, 2020 at 4:39 p.m.
Donica frowns but stays put, Rick stands at attention suddenly as if he just noticed the badger "Sur!" He frowns at the gull "Wa tryin' ta help...and....ummmm" Jun 28, 2020 at 4:39 p.m.
Ciocan takes a deep breath and exhales, "Private Rick...report to Major Varus"Yes let the Major deal with the Private, he goes to carefully take the sheet off Rufus as he speaks "Rufus...do calm before you give all beasts a headche,"He glaces at Donica" Donica..stay there please, do you have your pouch of medical supplies with you?" Jun 28, 2020 at 4:42 p.m.
Rufus puffs out and looks like he will fight the whole ship! He muttters something as he tilts his head at the badger, he eyes Donica and seems to give off a I dare ya to speak closer to me look. Jun 28, 2020 at 4:43 p.m.
Donica frowns, she nods and shows the pouch, meanwhile Private Rick frowns and heads off to find Major Varus and likely won't have a good rest of the day,he walks off like he is led to his doom. Jun 28, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
Ciocan speaks in a calm tone "Rufus, you will let my healer here look at your wing my friend, your my friend and I dont wish for you to not get help, we wouldnt want your wing to get worse then you would never fly again or soar the skies of your big water, I also will need your help my friend and a few days rest is better than possibley never flying again." Jun 28, 2020 at 4:46 p.m.
Rufus puffs up and looks at the hare, then Ciocan and clacks his beak, after a morment "Fine..Rufus let bunny look."He doesn't sound happy with this but he willl do it as his friend asked nicely. He extends the wing out a little and waits Jun 28, 2020 at 4:48 p.m.
Donica moves slowly and checks the wing best she can, "It..doesn't seem ..broken...but needs rest and some feathers ...umm back in place, its a bad sprang and your making it worse useing it...just no flying and gentle movements for next..4-5 days and you can try small flights after that and then larger ones...I can make a tea for pain"Do birds drink teas?"Maybe..." Jun 28, 2020 at 4:51 p.m.
Ciocan listens and nods,"Thank you Rufus and I hope you listen to the healer here" He looks at all on the ship and clears his voice "Attention, every one....no one brother Rufus the next few days as his wing heals and he in turn....will not bother you" He looks at the gulll as if to make sure he is still listening also" You can stay in my quarters with me, I would rather enjoy the company my friend" Jun 28, 2020 at 4:53 p.m.
Rufus nods"Bunny Lord is..good good friend ya ya" He lets Donica tend to him and thinks "Tea?....no waterdrinks and fishes"He tilts his head "And cake...yes cake...need cake ya ya" Jun 28, 2020 at 4:54 p.m.
Donica makes a face of the thought of cake and fish together and....too late she rushes over to a railing and groans, she glaces back at Rufus and frowns,well least the bird has calmed down but someone else can get its snack choice. Jun 28, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.
Ciocan chuckles slightly at the idea of fish and cake but will have a hare bring it to Rufus, "Maybe a little something for pain though Rufus, the healers could always add mint to it...it does make some herbal things better when one has time to do so" Jun 28, 2020 at 4:58 p.m.
Rufus nods , fine he will listen as long as he gets his fishes and cake he is a happy sea gull and rest in the captains quarters he liikes,more time with his Bunny Lord friend. Jun 28, 2020 at 4:59 p.m.
Donica nods "I can add mint to willowbark tea and it will help the wing pain ease, also the..not moving it unless needed , rest will help too" Jun 28, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Ciocan nods "There all settled then."He smiles now "We are also back on course thanks to my friends and have a for sure direction to travel in now" Jun 28, 2020 at 5:03 p.m.
Rufus nods as he listens "Good good and Rufus will look for land soon...soon as wing is good ya ya." Jun 28, 2020 at 5:04 p.m.
Donica nods "So we know where to go at least "She sounds worried though as she frowns "Sur....I...admit i am a little..scared, sorry if its not very patrol like to be..scared" Jun 28, 2020 at 5:05 p.m.
Ciocan looks at Donica" It is alright to be afraid Donica and it dosnt make you less of a patrol hare. Others may be afriad as well, we.....we are going into a dangerous siteration, prehaps very and no one knows how things will go and no one can be fully prepared for things" Jun 28, 2020 at 5:08 p.m.
Rufus yawns but will eat his cake and fish when it comes, he will rest in the captains quarters also. He will listen to Ciocan and the healers and not try and do anything with his wing for a good 4-5 days time. Jun 28, 2020 at 5:10 p.m.
Donica nods slowly" I...I know sur." She then adds "I have been learning to use a staff and have become very good with it." Jun 28, 2020 at 5:11 p.m.
Ciocan smiles again "Good, I want even my healers to be able to fight and protect them selfs if needed, you may not be one of the ones going full into battle but fighting willl be around you as you tend to the wounded, just stay alert and be careful." Jun 28, 2020 at 5:14 p.m.
Donica nods "Of course sur,I would be careful"She knows some more experenced healers will be there as well but she will still be somewhat near fighting even if its the outskirts of it, she will worry for the friends she has made that will be further into the battle area fighting to free slaves and fighting for thier very lives most likely. Jun 28, 2020 at 5:17 p.m.
Ciocan nods "Good.....very good its all I can ask for."He looks around and heads to the wheel, who ever is sailing right now he lets them get a neeeded break and takes over command of the wheel, as he sails the ship he stays alert, even if his thoughts threaten to drift to various things. Jun 28, 2020 at 5:19 p.m.
---------Felicity (Room)---------- Jul 4, 2020 at 8:43 p.m.
It is a beautiful, clear day, with nary a cloud in the sky, a good strong wind, and no land in sight. The ship is rocking and very gently bucking in it's normal way, which most of the creatures on board have gotten used to. Jul 4, 2020 at 8:43 p.m.
DoraRose has finally been released from the stupid sling! However, she's been told to not lift anything heavy for a few more days. Which means she can't do most of her exercises or practice with her axe. So instead she is practicing with the bastard sword she borrowed from the Salamandastron armoury. She weaves and twirls and spins, moving the sword with practiced ease and grace. She is obviously a complete expert with this sword. There is a cup of anti-seasickness tea near her, and the Healers would tell anyone that it's the mouse's 3rd cup of the day. She is going to do her training, and no nausea is going to stop her! Jul 4, 2020 at 8:43 p.m.
Felicity is stuck with the Privates. Again. "STOP WATCHIN' MS. DORAROSE AN' GET BACK T'Y'TRAININ'!!" She bellows at the hapless hares she's trying to get to go through their exercises. Many of them are obviously in awe of the Abbey Gatekeeper, who is pointedly ignoring them. The Sergeant is about **this** close to giving them a whipping. "PAY ATTENTION AN' MARCH!!" Jul 4, 2020 at 8:43 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jul 4, 2020 at 8:43 p.m.
Donica is sitting up on the main deck and looks over when she hears the shouting, well it's not towards her so she is not worried. She has finally gotten use to the movement of the ship and is glad of this as sea sickness is most annoying. Jul 4, 2020 at 8:46 p.m.
"March where..." Konner mutters under his breath even as he falls in step with the other privates. He's been having a rough time on board since the rumors from the other privates that Dom hasn't forgotten their time together in the swamp and probably is planning Konner's murder, and as such he's been doing everything in his power to avoid the big arctic hare. Jul 4, 2020 at 8:50 p.m.
Terrence, meanwhile, is standing by the bow leaning lazily against the railing and ropes - there's very little to do currently besides drilling and since Felicity is handling that he's left with a break (for now). "COME ON!" The sergeant heckles the privates, "PUT YOUR BACK INTO IT! /You too Harolds,] that turn was bloody sloppy!" Jul 4, 2020 at 8:50 p.m.
Ciocan steps slowly out of the captain's quarters, he glaces at where someone else is currently at the wheel and walks over to a railing look off at the sea quietly Jul 4, 2020 at 9:01 p.m.
"Comp'ny, 'alt!!" Once they're stopped, Felicity marches to Konner and gets all up in his face. "Whot was tha' y'said, laddie buck? Couldn't quite 'ear y', wot!" DoraRose continues her dance of sorts with the sword, blue eyes half closed, a hum forming in her throat. She does a spectacular twist that is very complicated and very hard and she makes look as easy as can be, which causes some of the Privates to forget to pay attention to what the Sergeant is saying. The mouse twirls the sword around her paw, then sheaths it at her hip, breathing lightly and smiling. She grabs her tea and finishes it in 1 go! Jul 4, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
Donica smiles, she is gonna enjoy her day, "Least the sea is calm, i like it when it's calm and peaceful"She glaces at the water "Kind of nice and pretty in a way" Jul 4, 2020 at 9:38 p.m.
Rufus is finally able to fly and has been doing so the past couple days! Free to soar and glide in the air, he lands on top of the crow nbest, not suppose gull nest and looks around, a yawn as its clear, sunny and no troubles. Jul 4, 2020 at 9:39 p.m.
Konner straightens up, saying, "Nothing, sah!" It's clear he's nervous now, but still. Jul 4, 2020 at 9:45 p.m.
(Terrence watches the exchange with a rather amused expression. "Think he said something about how small the deck is, eh?" ) Jul 4, 2020 at 9:45 p.m.
Ciocan listens as it seems a couple privates are in trouble, he keeps his glace on the sea as it is a calm day and he knows soon enough it will be far from calm once they get to the island, he frowns a bit in thought. Jul 4, 2020 at 9:47 p.m.
Felicity raises an eyebrow in suspicion. "Oh, nothin' at all? Y'do realize tha' lyin' t'an officah is a pretty dangerous trick, right? Wise beasts try t'not do tha'." Her ears twitch at what her fellow Sergeant said, but she waits to see how the Private chooses to respond. DoraRose watches this for a moment, then waves up at the gull and crosses the deck to join the badger. "It's a lovely day when my doesn't feel as if my stomach has forgotten how to be silent." Jul 4, 2020 at 9:54 p.m.
Rufus stays where he is and watches beasts from his perch, he is happy where he is for the time being. Jul 4, 2020 at 9:56 p.m.
The colour in Konner's face drains. "Uh, yessah. I undahstand I just said, uh," The next words a mumbled, "March, well, where..." He repeats. "Meaning we don't 'ave much room..." Jul 4, 2020 at 10:02 p.m.
Technically, Konner is in Terrence's unit, but since the other sergeant is dealing with the hapless private the bespectacled hare decides to stay out of it for now as he has found in the past days of traveling he actually /enjoys/ being out on the sea. Jul 4, 2020 at 10:02 p.m.
Ciocan nods as Dorarose appears next to him and speaks quietly "Yes, a.....lovely day suppose the sea is in a good mood" He keeps his eyes on the sea, not paying attention to much else. Jul 4, 2020 at 10:05 p.m.
---------Felicity (Room)---------- Jul 4, 2020 at 10:20 p.m.
Felicity's ears twitch again. "Aye, we don't, but we also 'ave n' choice since we're on a mission t'rescue a bunch o' innocent Dibbuns from slavery an' death. So we 'ave t'make due wi' whot we've got. Besides, when it comes t'drills and exercises, 'tisn't th'destination tha's so important as whot y'do t'get thah." She straightens and adds, "An' unless Sergeant Terrence disagrees, when we're done 'ere y'on deck swabbin' duty -- not because y'questioned whot th'purpose o' the exercise is, but because y'lied t'me. Dis'onesty is unacceptable. Undahstood?" Jul 4, 2020 at 10:20 p.m.
DoraRose glances at the badger's face. "You alright? You seem a bit...I don't know, melancholy, I guess. Is something wrong?" Jul 4, 2020 at 10:20 p.m.
-----------Done +paste------------ Jul 4, 2020 at 10:20 p.m.
"I don't disagree, by the by!" Terrence shouts over even as Konner's face falls. "Yes sah." The private mutters, accepting his fate. Jul 4, 2020 at 10:23 p.m.
Ciocan shrugs " I am fine, its a nice day today.." Yes he oddy..quite. Jul 4, 2020 at 10:27 p.m.
Felicity nods. "'Lright, then. Now all y'lot -- DROP AN' GIMME 50!" As they drop to give her 50 push ups (THE AGONY), she joins them, keeping a steady pace as she proves she's not just asking them to do something ridiculous. Doing the exercises with her trainees is something she has always done, and she' not about to start now. DoraRose frowns. "Well...okay. You just seem really quiet, Ciocan. I know we don't know each other very well, but this doesn't seem like you." Jul 4, 2020 at 10:33 p.m.
"So, Sergeant Felicity," Terrence says in a bright tone as he pauses in front of her and the other hares doing the exercise on the deck. "I'm going to go find Greenhill and Reuenthal to have them keep an eye on ouh deah Konnah here, as they're a spot more reliable than him, least fo'h now." He nods to the private with a raised brow. "And more truthful as well - they certainly won't let him forget, leastways not fo'h a season at least." With a laugh the sergeant disappears below deck. Jul 4, 2020 at 10:36 p.m.
Ciocan nods."JUSt thinking is all" He sighs," Been a while sinxe been on the..sea..so long it..seems" Jul 4, 2020 at 10:39 p.m.
As Felicity continues to lead the Privates in their exercises, DoraRose listens to the badger. She senses sadness in him, but she understands it can be really hard to share about it. So instead she just slowly nods. "Sometimes it's hard to return to the place of your old life. It often has too many painful memories and reminders of sorrow. Like how I want to go back to my homeland of Tuscani, but it's so hard, I can't really bring myself to do so. I saw my sister murdered, my parents are both dead, and the house that was in my family for generations burned to the ground. I'm not sure I could face all those memories." Jul 4, 2020 at 10:50 p.m.
Ciocan nods, " Likely not no..." He frowns as he stands there a while and shakes his head as sunset happens, he would watch this and usally he would just go inside, tonight he watches as he seems to remeber and tears go down his face now. He then just heads to his quarters rather quickly. Jul 4, 2020 at 10:53 p.m.
Noting the tears, DoraRose becomes very concerned. "Ciocan? Do you need to talk?" But then he's headed indoors. The mouse looks quickly over at the Sergeant, who has just finished the push-ups. Felicity sees and acts quickly. "Comp'ny, dismiss! Look t'y'weapons. Konnah, remembah, y' 'ave deck swabbin' duty foh lyin'." She heads to the mouse, who informs her of everything that they talked about, then the hare walks over to the Captains quarters. "Ciocan? Are y'alright, Sah?" the hare asks as she gently knocks on the door. Jul 4, 2020 at 11 p.m.
Ciocan forgot to lock the door, but yes he did shut it as he stumbles over to a chair by his cot and sits in it, he lets tears fall now and makes a fist dlaming it to the nightstand, it causes a mug to fall over....and break, " No..." He frowns, and looks at the broken bits and leans back in his chair allowing himself to...cry, not too loud but someone by the door could hear it. Jul 4, 2020 at 11:05 p.m.
Being a hare, Felicity has better hearing than some, and so she can tell he's crying. She opens the door and slips in, closing it behind her. "Sah? Whot's wrong? Y'c'n tell me." She goes to sit beside him on the cot and rest a paw on his arm, ready to listen, no matter how stressed she may be herself. She is going to be a good friend. Jul 4, 2020 at 11:08 p.m.
Ciocan doesnt reply right off or tell her to leave." Martha...loved the sea, she...gave me that mug...she..." All other thoughts lost for now as he just openly sobs now and will likely stop,but only cause he..cried himhim to sleep. Jul 4, 2020 at 11:14 p.m.
Felicity will stay with him, not saying anything. Once he's asleep, she will try to tuck him in and make sure he's comfortable before she leaves. But there is a thought in her mind: Who was Martha? Jul 4, 2020 at 11:16 p.m.
Per page: 100 150 200 500